terrible shoulder

Re: terrible shoulder

Dave, the Inguinals should be fine and you should be able to forget about them but you do need to watch the paraumbilical hernia; the exercise you suggest will put strain on this area, with its unfortunate result.

I am going to take a step away from (cricket) functional training and ask you to spend some time just strengthening the rectus abdominis.

The plank would be great but do not overdo it. If you can strengthen this area you may escape surgery.

If you have little strength in this area, please let me know.

Had a look and found some stuff so it's six pack here I come! I'll add them to my daily exercise blog thing and stay off bringing the knees up to the chin indefinitely

Great Dave but strengthen without strain. Even the slightest strain risks bringing forth things that should stay behind !!

PS Never say Never ;)

I'm liking the plank - very simple and you can feel your muscles being used. What do I do with it though just hold the position for as long as possible or do I rock using my toes to push back and forth (Seen this in a video)?

For the moment, just hold it for between 60-90 seconds. If you find this a strain, let me know and I shall give you a different exercise.

Sliding forwards and backwards is a progression; before you get there and when the above is easy, you perform the plank with one leg raised to hip level for 45s then change legs for 45s.

Talking about hips; make sure these are not sticking up in the air. Your body needs to form a straight line [like a plank] without any kinks ;)

Nice to see you Dave; and hey, you've grown up right before my eyes.

How does it feel to be playing with the u15s? None of my boys stay young for long; before I know it, you'll be Club Captain! :laugh:

It's all the good food I'm eating - Greens and stuff, my Dad said it'd put hairs on my chest (Didn't mention the thinning of the hair though!

Back