The Lounge

This has to be the most boring time of the year for sport, the 6 weeks between end of the AFL season and no proper cricket. (the slogfest in the sub-continent doesn't count)

This has to be the most boring time of the year for sport, the 6 weeks between end of the AFL season and no proper cricket. (the slogfest in the sub-continent doesn't count)

If you are into rugby or football then it's okay. Also there's three international cricket series' going on atm. ;)

If you are into rugby or football then it's okay.
League is a rubbish sport absolutely hate it. Don't mind Union, when I lived with a Maori mate from school a years ago he taught me the game when we watched it, but I've since drifted away following other stuff and forgotten most of it..

Freakin locust plague out here at the moment, cant for a walk anywhere without the stupid things flying up and hitting you in the face.

I didn't even know that happened anymore lol.
Just had a look at the school's oval across the road, there is seriously about 30 of them for every square metre of turf, sure as hell wont be any outdoor sport like cricket or tennis getting played here for a bit..

Just had a look at the school's oval across the road, there is seriously about 30 of them for every square metre of turf, sure as hell wont be any outdoor sport like cricket or tennis getting played here for a bit..

That's not cool at all. How long do they normally last?

That's not cool at all. How long do they normally last?
Not sure, I've only really seen a full on 'plague' about 20 years ago as kid and I think they were around for around 2 weeks, believe it or not that was about 3 times worse, it was quite ridiculous. They are a lot more common over in NSW and Victoria I think.

Not sure, I've only really seen a full on 'plague' about 20 years ago as kid and I think they were around for around 2 weeks, believe it or not that was about 3 times worse, it was quite ridiculous. They are a lot more common over in NSW and Victoria I think.

It's good that it's rare I guess. I wonder what causes it...

I see the Kiwis got their pants pulled down in the WCQ by Mexico, 5-1 :oops:

Yeah it wasn't much of a surprise though. We had too many injuries.

Me and my mate went nuts when we scored our only goal haha. Four more years it seems unless we beat them 5 nil in Wellington next week haha.

Yeah it wasn't much of a surprise though. We had too many injuries.
Have NZ ever looked at joining Asia like Australia? You would think it would be better for their development rather than thrashing minnow island nations 10-0 in the qualification process then it all coming down to a playoff against a difficult opponent. I very rarely watch/follow soccer but the WC finals is the exception, even the neutral games.

I'm not sure NZ has the combination of being a strong enough team and political clout to join Asia. From my pov, joining Asia won't be all that it's cracked up to be, because I get a strong sense of complacency amongst the soccer community over here. It seriously wouldn't surprise me if we fail to qualify for the 2018 WC.

Back