The Lounge

Finally some decent semi sustained rainfall, supposed to be absolutely pissing down tonight and tomorrow.

It's hammering down right now. Just checked the radar and just about the entire area is an aqua/blue/green colour.

Been pretty cool and crisp in Melbourne. I'm loving it!

I love winter. I love the cold nights, rain falling etc. Plus there's footy on so there's nothing better than curling up in front of the fire watching the footy on a Friday or Saturday Night.

You have a fireplace in Perth? Nothing better than seeing a big mallee root burning in the stove, hard to find them these days at least near town. I don't light the fire much anymore with an air con unless it's super cold and just feel like it for something different, too much mess and effort.

Last edited:
You have a fireplace in Perth? Nothing better than seeing a big mallee root burning in the stove, hard to find them these days at least near town. I don't light the fire much anymore with an air con unless it's super cold and just feel like it for something different, too much mess and effort.

Yeah the one we have at home is a woodstove. It does a really good job of heating the house during the winter months and we usually order enough wood to last the entire winter. It's a much cheaper alternative to running the air conditioning with the way utility prices keep increasing every year.

Force don't get much media in WA but despite being rubbish they've still always had decent crowds due to all the kiwis, south african and pommy immigrants to go along with the NSW/QLD blow ins that be have over here.

Back