The Lounge

Warm weather, 1000s of kms of magnificent beaches, can play cricket in summer without 3 rain breaks a day, Aussie Rules footy, superior employment opportunities, better accents.. :p

Haha. We do have warm weather; Tauranga, Auckland, Napier, Nelson, Alexandra are all very warm during the summer (just not this 40 degree rubbish very often :p ). We have hundreds maybe thousands of nice beaches. Some of which are ranked very highly in world by tourism organizations. Actually the summers here have gotten a lot more consistent the last few years with sunny days staying sunny and overcast days staying overcast.

You got me on Aussie Rules. I like watching it on tv occasionally. It'd be cool to eventually get a kiwi team in the comp. I wouldn't say superior employment opportunities...I'd just say higher pay but that doesn't matter for me because I'm going to become an entrepreneur. :p And the last one is very subjective haha. Some Aussie accents I like and some I find annoying. Same with Kiwi ones lol.

I've have 4 nephews and 3 nieces :)

My second little nephew was born early this morning. :)

when-i-have-to-babysit-my-nephews_o_802306.gif

1 nephew and 2 nieces in my team...

I see Perth is having some shocking weather.. I thought it was all 40 degree heat and cocktails. ;)

It's been wet here this month, much needed mind you after what had been a incredibly dry year so far. Perth gets 80% of its annual rainfall from May to September so this is pretty common for this time of year.

While it has been wet we have had a lot of lengthy fine breaks and a fair bit of the rainfall has been overnight as well. Temperature wise it's been low-mid 20's which isn't too bad either.

Nowhere near as bad as NZ. ;)

Spain, Netherlands and Chile.. lol Australia will be going well just to not get humiliated in this World Cup.

Spain, Netherlands and Chile.. lol Australia will be going well just to not get humiliated in this World Cup.

Wow. You got that right lol.

You never know, you might just mimic the All Whites' performance of a century and not lose a match at the world cup. :p

The woman that lived directly across the street from my brother's place in Perth got murdered by her son last Sunday night :eek:

Yeah the one we have at home is a woodstove. It does a really good job of heating the house during the winter months and we usually order enough wood to last the entire winter. It's a much cheaper alternative to running the air conditioning with the way utility prices keep increasing every year.
Starting to get cold out here now. It's probably because my stove is really old and not designed that well but I reckon it costs about half as much to use the split air con compared to when I bought firewood.

Starting to get cold out here now. It's probably because my stove is really old and not designed that well but I reckon it costs about half as much to use the split air con compared to when I bought firewood.

Yeah there's been a few cold nights lately as well and a few more to follow in the next few days.

Our woodstove is pretty good. If we used reverse cycle we'd need to turn more than one to heat the house plus with the fire the house stays heated for longer.

Back