The Mind And Wrist Spin

Discussion in 'Spin Bowling' started by Billywhizz, Apr 20, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. SLA

SLA Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware Shane was on this forum.

There are several well-informed commenters on this forum. It tends to be a mixture of complete beginners asking questions, and then experienced cricketers and qualified coaches trying to help them out - like Liz, Tony and myself. Occasionally we get the odd beginner who gets angry because the advice given by the coaches isn't identical to something he read online or in a book somewhere, so we have to gently explain to him why that information is incorrect/out-of-date. As you can imagine, this can be quite challenging!

Anyway, if you have a question, just ask away.

2. Neville Young

Neville Young Active Member

Harden up petal, you take things far too seriously, .

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  3. someblokecalleddave

someblokecalleddave Well-Known Member

I had a nightmare game on Saturday http://www.wristspinbowling.com/blog/13th-may-basildon-and-pitsea-v-thundersley-and-hadleigh-4th-xi
    The umpire at the stumps when bowling was talking to me offering encouragement as it was all falling to pieces. In the conversation he was saying that he'd been doing it for 30 years and was still trying to get it right. He didn't get to bowl either:(

boogiespinner likes this.
  4. someblokecalleddave

Yeah I've had this conversation with SLA before, he must live somewhere where the water is very different. In a whole season I might see 2 leg-spin bowlers if I'm lucky, but every team has 1 or perhaps 2 players that will tell you they are finger spinners (Offies) and then there's the occasional Left Arm finger spinner.

5. Neville Young

Neville Young Active Member

To a very limited extent I agree with SLA. You can certainly get much more spin and loop with a legspin action without much understanding of what you are doing. However, once you put line and length into the equation it suddenly becomes much, much more difficult and that's without mastering the various delivery types.

6. someblokecalleddave

Tell me about 10 years now and I still serve up a pile of crap in a lot of games. The umpire last week standing at my end when I was bowling said he'd been at it for 30 years and he still couldn't get it right, he didn't get to bowl either when they fielded.:(

7. boogiespinner

boogiespinner Active Member

"The man who has at some time spun a good leg break knows a world all of its own."
    Father Marriott (Kent & England)

someblokecalleddave likes this.
  8. bobby123

bobby123 New Member

need to back your self in executing the delivery

Put it out there