The Next Chapter...

pouks_31

Eddie-McGuire-5479513.jpg

CA Heirachy with Big Cricket Cheifs

Today was a historical CEO of CA Nicholas Pouki sealed the deal to be allowed to bring the game over to Big Cricket website. In a move that was told to have taken two weeks has today finally been sealed with the game brought over to a site which is set to begin the next chapter of CA. CEO Pouki today spoke along side Scott from Big Cricket today.

"The game has today moved into a provincal chapter, a chapter which will take the game to a level which firstly hasnt been seen, or even been thought about until we started discussions about two weeks ago..."

"...I sat down with a few people and we were thinking what can we do to make this game better? A few were saying 'if it aint broke dont fix it'. It was more a case of, 'if it aint broke, pull it apart and see how you can make it better' and basically Big Cricket was probably the number one thing we could do to make the game from 35 seasons of playing in the remote wilderness of invision boards, to moving to the bright lighted, populated big city of Big Cricket..."

Pouki went on to speak about the passion he still has for the game.

"...The game has been around for a while, it was basically a matter of survival, Big Cricket has given us another life and I am extremely grateful for that and would like to thank everyone at Big Cricket, especially Scott who has worked just as hard if not harder than myself to get this deal done, once again a huge thank you.

"With the game now though its about, our facilities have got better so we have to now, that basically means for managers more commitments, more work and more results. It comes down to everyone paying off the chance Big Cricekt have given us..."

Jo Mumma
Cricket News Daily

Former Adelaide City and South Australia coach James Ross-Naylor quickly expressed his support for the move and hope that the move would signal a new, prosperous era for Cricket Australia.

"I think it's fantastic. I love the game and really didn't want it to die, but full credit to Pouks for working his backside off to make it happen. It's my hope that we'll see both old managers return to the game along with new blood to give the game an extra energy that it probably hasn't had since before I came to the game."

Ross-Naylor also expressed a desire to return to the club he managed before CA's hiatus, the South Australia Dingoes. "I'd love to [manage South Australia]. I think I've got a great relationship with all of the guys down there, I think we've got a real good group that's capable of winning a title."

Rumours abound that past managers will be invited back into the fold, despite cruelly abandoning their teams and the game at it's lowest ebb. One persistent whisper in the sports pages is that former SA and Mumbai supremo Fishy might be sniffing around for a job vacancy.

Fishy left the game suddenly midway through the season, citing personal reasons as his excuse for stranding his team and walking out on a two-year contract with a club that was considered a contender for the title at the time. It's unlikely that Fishy would be accepted back with open arms by his former club, with several players going on record stating that they wouldn't be giving Fishy the time of day let alone their respect. Graham Stocks, the superstar who was drafted and mentored by Fishy, was more diplomatic.

"I think it'll be great having Fishy back in the game. He has... talents that are... certainly quite different from other managers and I think you see this particularly in his media savvy and trading tactics. Though outspoken at times, I always felt that he kept in mind the best interest of the players. In saying that, he hurt a lot of players around here with his sudden departure, it might be best if he looks elsewhere for a job."

Fishy refused to speak with the media gathered outside his favourite juice bar in Wollongong, but his most recent tweet indicates that he's keeping a close eye on developments. "Great to see CA reaching new heights! On ya @pouks_31! The game wouldn't be the same without you. Shoutout to @KevVanTwest, my old sparring partner from back in the day, we'll see how you go without Board to prop you up!"

New South Wales manager JB spoke out on the matter:

"I think it's a real positive move for the game. I think anybody could tell, internal or external, that the game was on life support and needed a facelift. This is a fantastic step for Cricket Australia and it's good the see it having the backing of many of the people that have kept the game going for 30+ seasons."

A bullish JB then went on to talk about his hopes for the upcoming season:

"Look, from a game perspective, I just hope that we consistently get results, teams posted, articles and general interest. As for NSW, our list is as strong as any in the game and we will definately be hard to stop."

Back