The Problem With Googly

Shivam_ipl

The second weapon of a leg spinner is Googly.The way,the grip,the arm and wrist positions are understood by every body but not most bowlers bowl it perfectly.The problem may be the revolution.Any body have ideas for this problem.Me,I can spin the ball a way even for a googly i can but it goes slow.Then after pitching the batsman sees the ball coming slow and then the bowl wastes.Any ideas to get for revolution.Please help...

The second weapon of a leg spinner is Googly.The way,the grip,the arm and wrist positions are understood by every body but not most bowlers bowl it perfectly.The problem may be the revolution.Any body have ideas for this problem.Me,I can spin the ball a way even for a googly i can but it goes slow.Then after pitching the batsman sees the ball coming slow and then the bowl wastes.Any ideas to get for revolution.Please help...

Sometimes that problem comes from not enough topspin on your wrongun. Too much offspin slows it down off the pitch. Settle for smaller but faster turn.

Another thing for the wrongun is using your third finger correctly, do you reckon it is as co ordinated from wrongun position as compared to your leg break 3rd finger action ? Thats where you can lose some revs.

You only want it to turn enough to beat the bat, maybe 3 or 4 inches. Turning it more than that doesn't make it any more effective but it does make it easier to spot.

Ideally you want a big spinning leg break, a topspinning legbreak that turns just enough to beat the outside edge, and a topspinning googly that turns just enough to beat the inside edge. The second two should be impossible to tell apart through the air.

Also: if the batsman is able to read it off the pitch and adjust his shot, then you are probably bowling it slightly too short. You want him coming forward and cover driving preferably.

That is ok But I want to be the best bowler.I can bowl the big leg break.It spins a long way.So if I get the more spin in googly then by adjusting i can spin it less also.My main problem is it goes slow.Maybe the wrist flick is less,maybe my hand is spinning it less.Shane Warne even cant bowl googly so well and my action is the same as Shane Warne.Maybe is that the preblem.And when I started My bowling,my hand was natural,that it has to come a googly.

Back