The Top-spinner (wrist Spin Bowling)

I love the top spinner and i feel its my best delivery, i always bowl it to agressive batsmen hoping to get a catch.... i love it when i bowl it faster and it dips :D :D :D

well from my rough estimate last night I think that the dip effect is rather more subtle. I can't believe it's anything like that.

Happy Xmas!!

getsmiley.php
Yeah that's an exaggeration to make the point obvious.

Been bowling the top-spinner quite a bit in the nets with some good results. Used it against a bloke one week and got him a number of times in several ways, but he came back the next week looking for it having told him it was a top - spinner at the end of the session where he'd been dismissed by it 3 or 4 times. Second time around he played it far better, but it does seem to be the un-doing of batsmen when they're expecting your leg break. Looks promising for the new season and I reckon it be a part of my repertoire.

Another good net session tonight combining my top spinner with my leg breaks. I'm also getting it now so that it feels natural to bowl it and because in essence it's simpler than the leg break it looks as though it may be faster than my leg breaks - a lot of balls are simply beating the batsman because of the increased pace and the different bounce. One bloke who was hitting a lot of my leg breaks very cleanly couldn't pick the Top-spinners and once I started to mix them up with flippers as well he was all at sea. Additionally I did the Shane Warne thing trying different positions on the crease, bowling over and then around, I then got a sense that he didn't like the ball leg-side and then probed at different lengths and quickly established that he couldn't cope with the ball really full outside of leg stump attacking middle and leg. Over 20 minutes bowling with 3 others I got him 9 times!

Back