Trouble With Leg Glance

DJ Rain

Trouble With Leg Glance

For the past 2 weeks I've noticed that whenever I try to play the leg glance my feet move towards the leg-side, causing me to
miss the ball through the gate. I've tried my best to stay near my guard, but it has never worked. So is there anyway that I can stop myself from moving towards the leg-side? :confused: Thanks

Re: Trouble With Leg Glance

But a bat behind your feet. If you do take a step towards leg, you'll step on the bat and not be able to keep your feet. Obviously use an old bat, one that isn't very good

Like all shots the head is important here.

Lead with your head and front shoulder ad let your feet follow, it's impossible to step away if you do this correctly.

Take it back to it's simplest form. Walk through the shot without a ball and look at what you're doing with your feet etc.

Once you feel happy with that, get someone to throw a tennis ball at you and continue to work on the shot. Progress onto a bowling machine or a steady thrower and continue to increase the speed as you get more comfortable with the shot.

There is no quick solution to ironing out flaws, it's normally about relearning what you though you knew.

I would also look at the mental side of things and try to forget about everything but the ball, a clear head will make it a lot easier.

As Mas Cambios said as well as Harrow drive, practice it first, get your head right and the rest should follow.

i used to love this shot, but when i changed over my bat to a slightly heavier bat i had to change my timing and technique slightly. but again i just worked on it in the nets..... stood across the wicket for a while to practice it more.

I come across this problem a lot!

I tend to find that the problem with most leg side shots is that the front foot is being planted down the wicket or the back foot is sliding backwards slightly making it impossible to get your feet in the right position to be able to play the shot and/or your front pad gets in the way and you can't get bat on ball.

I know coaches differ in their views on this but I would advocate a slight back and across trigger movement or forward press which gets your feet moving in the right direction so that your body is in the right position to strike the ball down the leg side without the front pad getting in the way.

i am a lower order batsman. can play offside shots fine, but anything middle/leg or leg and i am in trouble, i tend to try and run away from short ones and get out LBW to fuller. any tips on legside shots???

Back