Umpires

sauce

I am a born and bred Australian who has been living in Scotland for the past 3 years. Have recently passed my Level 1 Umpires course with the ECB ACO and am about to embark on my first year umpiring.

Any other budding/active umpires on these boards?

Passed my Level 1 on Sunday. Not planning on doing any extra umpiring this summer but will umpire (adult) matches my lad plays in if they don't have an umpire and the club are happy for me to do it. Really took the course as an insurance policy to keep me in the game and it is after all the best place to watch a game from.

Best of luck sauce, have you been doing it a while whilst playing or is it something you are looking to take further as you no longer / never played?

Hi, Tony.
Played a little bit as a youngster but then Lawn Bowls took over and I have played that for the last 16 years. (I am only 30 now). Have always been an avid cricket supporter though and living in Scotland I was starting to miss it. There is no Boxing Day test to get excited about over here!
Wasn't particularly keen on playing but wanted to get involved again in some capacity so thought umpiring might be the way to go.

Back