Under 16'1 Teal Premiership

Re: Under 16'1 Teal Premiership

good to see the search boys playing well and winning well its a good side they got together, look odds-on favourite for the flag

search08-09;378336 said:
good to see the search boys playing well and winning well its a good side they got together, look odds-on favourite for the flag

man of the match for round 5: Simon Denier :eek:

NA*MP;378385 said:
man of the match for round 5: Simon Denier :eek:

With the final day of the match so near, it is a pity you are still dwelling on this point. Do you want to win or do you in reality, simply want to have a ready excuse why you lost? Why not choose to rise above this waffle and focus on winning the game. It is more than possible you know.

I think I know where this is going but I would be rapt to be proven wrong!:)

cheers

mill park you are the biggest sooks ever and nath ur ball was hitting middle half way up and jai robinson is no way quicker than brandon lee and michael denier and just cos you don't know wat good sportsmanship is mill park

research are gonna lose tomorrow, mill park will get over the line just :), with the bowling strategy that mill park have, research are gorner's :)

onemoreover;378672 said:
With the final day of the match so near, it is a pity you are still dwelling on this point. Do you want to win or do you in reality, simply want to have a ready excuse why you lost? Why not choose to rise above this waffle and focus on winning the game. It is more than possible you know.

I think I know where this is going but I would be rapt to be proven wrong!:)

cheers

Mill Park defeated Research on Staurday - I am happy to state I was proven wrong.:)

Previously stated by MPS4L
"research are gonna lose tomorrow, mill park will get over the line just , with the bowling strategy that mill park have, research are gorner's :) "
It's positive, confident, shows intent and challenges what others thought, without being vindictive about it. It also takes the umpires entirely out of the picture. Terrific stuff!

Previously stated by NA*MP
"man of the match for round 5: Simon Denier"
Simon Denier the umpire of the game is the focus of the situation Mill Park find themselves in. When considering the game plan, there appears to be no intent, no confidence, no leadership, no belief the game can be won. This is unfortunate.

While it is important to play tough, tenacious and competitively cricket, these qualities are devalued when sportsmanship and more importantly respect for team mates, opposition and officials is lost in your frustrations.

Well done to Mill Park for turning it around on Saturday. I am sure Research will be looking forward to a rematch to see if they can reverse the result next time.

MATCH OF THE ROUND!

Under 16'1 Teal

Riverside - 8/172
vs.
Diamond Creek - 2/172

First tie of the year I believe, and what a great game it was. Riverside won the toss and batted first on a massive Coventry Oval and the game was all but over at tea when they were 4/39 after 23 overs. Nick Gaylor (51) and Andrew D'Souza (38) batted quickly but sensibly to get Riverside to an astonishing total of 172.

The next week the Creekers were off to a good start when the Phelan brothers got them off to a good start despite some good bowling from Riverside, The opening partenship was 50 before we got the scalp of Robbie. Harley Smith came in and got 19 and provided a good partnership for Mark Phelan (100 retired not out)
Freeman and Ryder were at the crease with 8 wickets left in the and 16 to win off 3 overs. These two batsmen could have easily taken singles that were there but decided against it. While Ryder was having a slog Freeman was batting sensible but not quickly down the other end. It came down to it, they needed 7 to win off the last over. There were a few singles and dots so it came down to 4 off 2 balls when Ryder played a shot through square leg. The ran 3 and the Creek team thought they had tied but the umpire signalled one short so they needed 2 off the last ball. It went through to the keeper and they ran and got in.
Great Match

batting allrounder;379169 said:
MATCH OF THE ROUND!

Under 16'1 Teal

Riverside - 8/172
vs.
Diamond Creek - 2/172

First tie of the year I believe, and what a great game it was. Riverside won the toss and batted first on a massive Coventry Oval and the game was all but over at tea when they were 4/39 after 23 overs. Nick Gaylor (51) and Andrew D'Souza (38) batted quickly but sensibly to get Riverside to an astonishing total of 172.

The next week the Creekers were off to a good start when the Phelan brothers got them off to a good start despite some good bowling from Riverside, The opening partenship was 50 before we got the scalp of Robbie. Harley Smith came in and got 19 and provided a good partnership for Mark Phelan (100 retired not out)
Freeman and Ryder were at the crease with 8 wickets left in the and 16 to win off 3 overs. These two batsmen could have easily taken singles that were there but decided against it. While Ryder was having a slog Freeman was batting sensible but not quickly down the other end. It came down to it, they needed 7 to win off the last over. There were a few singles and dots so it came down to 4 off 2 balls when Ryder played a shot through square leg. The ran 3 and the Creek team thought they had tied but the umpire signalled one short so they needed 2 off the last ball. It went through to the keeper and they ran and got in.
Great Match

Very nice review of the game BA. Lots of nerves at the end I suspect and entertainment plus for spectators. :)

batting allrounder;379169 said:
MATCH OF THE ROUND!

Under 16'1 Teal

Riverside - 8/172
vs.
Diamond Creek - 2/172

Great Match

great review mate, but i wouldnt call it match of the round.

YEah well considering the Mill Park vs. Research game was the clash of the two best sides in the league AND because of Mill Park's great comeback i will give that match of the round HAha ;)

batting allrounder;379417 said:
YEah well considering the Mill Park vs. Research game was the clash of the two best sides in the league AND because of Mill Park's great comeback i will give that match of the round HAha ;)

yeah top win by the boys of mill park, deserved it and they got it :rolleyes:

weezy;379566 said:
yeah top win by the boys of mill park, deserved it and they got it :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, maybe your comments were typed without thinking about the game too much? :confused:

Yes you are right that they "got it". I also applaud that effort.

BUT..........

Considering the conduct that was displayed towards an umpire in the game, I think everyone would need to question if they truly "deserved it". That point does not get lost on me, even when they won the game. Dignity in the face of defeat could be considered more important than the elation of winning. If you can conduct yourself that way, then if a win, you "deserve it" for sure! For me it was not deserved on this occasion, maybe next time.

Back