Under 16'1 Teal Premiership

Re: Under 16'1 Teal Premiership

Searcher1;379826 said:
Wat happened that was so bad towards Simon? Didnt he give his brother out LBW this game too?

plum as though, i dont even rekon you would need an umpire to give that out.

batting allrounder;379417 said:
YEah well considering the Mill Park vs. Research game was the clash of the two best sides in the league AND because of Mill Park's great comeback i will give that match of the round HAha ;)

haha ;) thanks mate :)
dont get me wrong, yours would have been a good game, but ours was a nailbitter ;)

onemoreover;379728 said:
Hmmmm, maybe your comments were typed without thinking about the game too much? :confused:

Yes you are right that they "got it". I also applaud that effort.

BUT..........

Considering the conduct that was displayed towards an umpire in the game, I think everyone would need to question if they truly "deserved it". That point does not get lost on me, even when they won the game. Dignity in the face of defeat could be considered more important than the elation of winning. If you can conduct yourself that way, then if a win, you "deserve it" for sure! For me it was not deserved on this occasion, maybe next time.

so 'onemoreover' mill park's win was not deserved?

MPS4L;380098 said:
so 'onemoreover' mill park's win was not deserved?

Hey MPS4L, hows it going.

For me on this occasion, no they didn't deserve the win. Others may feel differently and that's their prerogative. I can admire and acknowledge that Mill Park won the game from what some considered a weak position initially.

But to deserve the win you need to earn it by also playing within the spirit of the game. Ridicule and verbal attacks on umpires, officials, players or anyone associated with any game of cricket, is not within the intended spirit of the game. If there was truly any issue with the umpires, the matter should have been handle via official DVCA processes.

From that point of view I feel Mill Park let themselves down and in doing so devalued the win. In my eyes anyway. Like I said, others may have a different opinion and I am fine with that.

Thats just the way I see it.:(

You may wish to visit this link below to further understand my point of view if you like.

Spirit of Cricket | Cricket Victoria

MPS4L;379217 said:
great review mate, but i wouldnt call it match of the round.

of course its not game of the round coz everything is about mill park isnt it
but guess what it was mate
phelan made a brilliant hundred and lots of nerves at the end which made it easily the match of the round

onemoreover;380327 said:
Hey MPS4L, hows it going.

For me on this occasion, no they didn't deserve the win. Others may feel differently and that's their prerogative. I can admire and acknowledge that Mill Park won the game from what some considered a weak position initially.

But to deserve the win you need to earn it by also playing within the spirit of the game. Ridicule and verbal attacks on umpires, officials, players or anyone associated with any game of cricket, is not within the intended spirit of the game. If there was truly any issue with the umpires, the matter should have been handle via official DVCA processes.

From that point of view I feel Mill Park let themselves down and in doing so devalued the win. In my eyes anyway. Like I said, others may have a different opinion and I am fine with that.

Thats just the way I see it.:(

You may wish to visit this link below to further understand my point of view if you like.

Spirit of Cricket | Cricket Victoria

were you at the game?

best 10 bats in 16 1 teal

1. M.Phelan (DC)
2.T.Groom (MP)
3.R.Phelan (DC)
4.N.Andrews (MP)
5. N.Smith (LP)
6. H.Smith (DC)
7. L.Taylor (PH)
8. P.Dempsey (SF)
9. R.Lewis (SF)
10. W.Ashton (PH)

any thoughts or comments?

MPS4L;380436 said:
were you at the game?

Thats a fair question.

No I wasn't at the game, but I did speak directly with people that were at the game. Their information was not flattering regarding the treatment the umpire received. Put that info together with NA*MP's earlier comments on this public forum and that forms my view.

Do you feel I have taken an unfair position on what happened at the game? If so I am sure everyone including myself, would be interested to hear your point of view.

rscc;380407 said:
of course its not game of the round coz everything is about mill park isnt it
but guess what it was mate
phelan made a brilliant hundred and lots of nerves at the end which made it easily the match of the round

not saying that everything is about mill park, but that was a ripping game, if you were there, then you owuld have said it was game of the round, if not of the year! plus the fact that it was 2nd vs 3rd opposed to 1st vs last.

onemoreover;380502 said:
Thats a fair question.

No I wasn't at the game, but I did speak directly with people that were at the game. Their information was not flattering regarding the treatment the umpire received. Put that info together with NA*MP's earlier comments on this public forum and that forms my view.

Do you feel I have taken an unfair position on what happened at the game? If so I am sure everyone including myself, would be interested to hear your point of view.

its very easy to be critical when you are given 2nd hand information, there were a few decisions in their innings that were questionable, at no stage did any of the mill park boys step over the line or they would have been reported. Maybe your hearing this from a reseach person who has sour grapes.

rscc;380496 said:

1. M.Phelan (DC)
2.T.Groom (MP)
3.R.Phelan (DC)
4.N.Andrews (MP)
5. N.Smith (LP)
6. H.Smith (DC)
7. L.Taylor (PH)
8. P.Dempsey (SF)
9. R.Lewis (SF)
10. W.Ashton (PH)

:eek:
if there was a top 20, then yes robbie would be in there.
instead i would put bryce miller.
apart from that mate, good job!

MPS4L;380646 said:
:eek:
if there was a top 20, then yes robbie would be in there.
instead i would put bryce miller.
apart from that mate, good job!

have u ever sen robbie bat
that kid is a freak
he wasnt at his best against us
but ive seen him bat other times
and he is a star
so i think he earned 3rd spot

rscc;380658 said:
have u ever sen robbie bat
that kid is a freak
he wasnt at his best against us
but ive seen him bat other times
and he is a star
so i think he earned 3rd spot

uhhh, yes i have seen him bat, i played diamond valley with him,
yeah he is a good bat, but bryce miller deserved 3rd spot in my thoughts.

MPS4L;380645 said:
its very easy to be critical when you are given 2nd hand information, there were a few decisions in their innings that were questionable, at no stage did any of the mill park boys step over the line or they would have been reported. Maybe your hearing this from a reseach person who has sour grapes.

I am happy to hear your side of things, and you make a good and valid point about "stepping over the line" by players. The "1st hand" information I received, before the second day of the match, did also include reference to conduct from the other side of the boundary line as well, including quotes. Appearing to be critical is, unfortunately for me, a by product of wanting to promote a standard of conduct and encourage use of official process to address supposed incidence of poor conduct by any official.

I will try to attend the finals, where I suspect both sides may encounter each other again. On that note let's consider the matter closed and focus on the remainder of the season. :)

MPS4L;380670 said:
uhhh, yes i have seen him bat, i played diamond valley with him,
yeah he is a good bat, but bryce miller deserved 3rd spot in my thoughts.

hes improved a lot mate
gonna be a very good player

Wow!!! amazing swing. Espacially the out swing. I have to say when he delivers orthodox, he just knock out all three.....
Cheers for his blowing.............

rscc;380496 said:

1. M.Phelan (DC)
2.T.Groom (MP)
3.R.Phelan (DC)
4.N.Andrews (MP)
5. N.Smith (LP)
6. H.Smith (DC)
7. L.Taylor (PH)
8. P.Dempsey (SF)
9. R.Lewis (SF)
10. W.Ashton (PH)

. U overate h.smith and r.phelan

Hey rscc
I don't know who you are but I probably play in your team and Robbie isn't the 3rd best bat in the comp, The kid can play but there's names like Lewis, Andrews, Scales and Gaylor floating around the comp who are better than Rob.

BIG GAME STAR;381947 said:
. U overate h.smith and r.phelan

Íf I had to do a top 20 this is what it would be:

1- M.Johnson (PY)
2- M.Phelan (DC)
3- T.Groom (MP)
4- S.Scales (RH)
5- J.Donaldson (PY)
6- L.Sandy (NEW)
7- B.Miller (SF)
8- L.Taylor (PH)
9- B.Russell (BU)
10- N.Andrews (MP)
11- H.Smith (DC)
12- P.Dempsey (SF)
13- N.Smith (LP)
14- N.Gaylor (RV)
15- S.Money (RV)
16- W.Ashton (PH)
17- R.Lewis (SF)
18- T.Emmins (TU)
19- S.Tsonas (SM)
20- D.Cole (WH)

The first ten are cemented in their positions so from 11-20 I will start with number 20 Dylan Cole. He isn't the most techniqley correct batsmen but he's made heaps of runs this year. I haven't seen a lot of Tsonas,Ashton, N.Smith and P.Dempsey but from there stats they deserve to be there. H.Smith has made heaps of runs this year and he's bottom age, Gaylor and Money are probably Riverside's best two bats and have been getting them to very good scores recently. Emmins and Lewis can dominate attacks.

Back