Unpopular Cricket Opinions

So you trust ball tracker technology 100%?
I'm not currently having ball tracker technology assisting my LBW appeals!

Umpires are already giving LBW appeals out for balls pitching outside the off stump hitting the pads outside the line if no shot is played, so no reason why that couldn't extend to leg stump, and shots played.

Aaron Finch will choke opening for Australia at the World Cup.
yee him nd warner sud always open in one day cricket for australia, the only downside is they are both attacking players while most teams go for 1 attacking player and the other one who can play a long innings these two players can looser there wicket trying to go after the bowlers early on.

Mustafa Kamal, the ICC president, has resigned from his position, saying his decision was "in protest [against] those who worked unconstitutionally, and for the greater good of cricket.

"I noticed the absence of the spider-cam from that game, which I think was a first at the MCG," Kamal said. "There were a number of controversial decisions in the game. The technology available wasn't utilized properly, which resulted in the controversial umpiring decisions. I am not going to say that it was entirely the umpires' fault. They can make mistakes in their judgment. My observation was the lack of technology that was used."
Mustafa Kamal

Mustafa Kamal, the ICC president, has resigned from his position, saying his decision was "in protest [against] those who worked unconstitutionally, and for the greater good of cricket.

"I noticed the absence of the spider-cam from that game, which I think was a first at the MCG," Kamal said. "There were a number of controversial decisions in the game. The technology available wasn't utilized properly, which resulted in the controversial umpiring decisions. I am not going to say that it was entirely the umpires' fault. They can make mistakes in their judgment. My observation was the lack of technology that was used."
Mustafa Kamal
So basically he's a sore loser? The spider cam makes good television but is a terrible idea. In the semi with NZ and SA, that catch that Faf took to get out Anderson was super close to being called a dead ball by the umpires for nearly hitting the spider cam wire.

Imagine if that had happened? Could potentially have ruined one of the best matches of the World Cup!

What are yours? List them here...

Kevin Pietersen seems like an ok bloke.
Brad Hodge isn't as unlucky as is often made out.
They should look at reducing ODIs to 40 overs.
The doosra delivery should be banned.

Yeah as Boogie spinner said at the start this could all kick off on here!

My unpopular opinions: (Read at your own peril or leisure, these comments are neither logical nor sensible)
A new rule should be made to shorten all bowlers' run-ups to no more than 20 meters from the popping crease.
A rule should be made with regards to the amount of overs bowled by spinners. Spin bowlers have to bowl at least 50% of the overs of the game. This might not be as negative as it would seem to some cricket purists. All cricket-playing countries would be forced to develop their spin bowlers more and the matches would be much more fast paced and action packed. (I know this will provoke a few angry and attacking comments from fast bowling fans)
IPL should be banished and forgotten.
T20 cricket is the root of all evil.
ODI cricket needs less flat tracks and more dust bowls. Or just pitches that are worth a ten minute analysis. Not the kind where you look at the pitch out of the corner of your eye and fill out an imaginary scorecard so that you can say that you watched the game.
Powerplays are like eating ice cream with chopsticks. Everyone likes ice cream, why complicate it?
Bowlers who can bowl with their sunglasses on should be given a raise.
Unless a left arm orthodox bowler bowls a doosra in an international game, it should be banned.
The Trackman device should be used in all cricket.
Every team should be forced to have a leg spinner.
A run rate of over 15 runs per over should be banned.
Cricket should be played in indoor stadiums as well.
Day/night tests might be a good idea.
The current "greats" in cricket are painstakingly boring.
The strange statistics that are sometimes shown on the television are ridiculously funny. "If Mizbah ul Haq scores two centuries in a row, and Saeed Ajmal bowls three doosras in the 4th over of a T20 match against India while, in South Africa, Morne Morkel takes two wickets, Brendon Mccullum stands a 5.318% better chance of not being hit on the head by Mitchell Johnson on the second ball of the ninth over in the next world cup."
Commentators shouldn't be former cricket players. At least not always.
Every test match needs a Simon Hughes analysis. Or multiple analyses. Analyses? Analysises? Analysae?
Shane Warne should do better coaching. Every leg spinner he gets excited about fails miserably in test cricket.
Every match should have a competition for the best banner.
We need more World XI teams competing against each other.
International cricketers should be banned from using Twitter. Or any other social media. That's why interviews exist.
An interview with a current great international player would be boring.
International crickets may use Twitter until someone great appears on the scene again.
The cricket is too high definition and bright, it should be darker and more mysterious like it was in the 2000's.
The Ashes was only exciting when Warne and Mcgrath were still playing.
Some new format of cricket should be introduced.
For some (more) controversy: Fast bowling should be banned forever.

This is funny, I might have a go and do what you did at the start e.g. write a disclaimer!

How's this for a start? Probably not as funny as Chino's but...

1. Shane Warne should get a proper job and take up where Terry Jenner left off.
2. Stuart Macgill should also get a proper job and compete against Warne (On price) for the best leg spin coach in the world.
3. Both Macgill and Warne should be contractually committed to spending at least a month a year in the UK putting on spin coaching events throughout the UK with one in Essex.
4. Boundaries should be made bigger.
5. Kids up to the age of 16 that pursue spin should be given a fair crack of the whip, 50% of overs bowled in any match should be allocated to spin bowling6. 6. Graeme Swanne is not a funny or comical man and should go and join a band and play covers in pubs.
7. All schools should have compulsory cricket lessons from the age of 5.
8. All schools should have high quality cricket net facilities both in and outdoors which should be open to the public at weekends.
9. Cricket should be shown live on TV for free with dedicated channels showing high quality high-light packages with an emphasis on the performances of spin bowlers.
10. Richie Benaud should somehow be cloned from some DNA that must be kicking around somewhere, so that we can look forward to more high quality insights and commentary for ever-more.
11. Kevin Pietersen should have his ego removed and be banned from social media.
12. All pro spin bowlers should be forced to spend at least 2 weeks a year working with amateur bowlers at clubs or spin coaching events subsidised by the government. During that 2 week period they have to commit to being on-line on Bigcricket answering questions and offering on-line advice.

Good stuff Dave!
I've had to contain myself when it comes to Swanne, I'm no fan of the man, good bowler, but the bloke himself I detest with vehemence, which to some extent is completely unreasonable and based on some pretty flimsy evidence and a gut feeling. Might be that if I met him he'd be a good bloke.

Back