Vic Premier 15/16

Some big names on the move to new clubs:

Lidgett, James GK to Ess
Mire, Solomon Ess to Ncte
Adams, Rhys Prah to MT
Hancock, Jake Carl to Prah

And the biggest loss for the upcoming season will be Jake Haberfield departing Footscray and returning to South Australia.

Trent Lawford is a great get for Fitzroy. Can be dangerous with both bat and ball at grade level.

An interesting one is Gehan Seneviratne form Hawthorn to Carlton. This lad has played for the Vics at U/19 level and has a few tricks with his leg spin, could be one to watch.

Any other news or gossip floating around?

Last edited:
The young fella Seneviratne shows some promise, but will need to get his head right and not get too far ahead of himself. Maybe someone at the blues will get that sorted quickly, good luck to him though.

wats the atmosphere like at a premier club? I always assumed it would be hard to have a 'club' feel to it because of a high turn over of players each year and more a of a business like feel to it.

Seymour from Essendon to Casey South. Wakefield from Casey South on the lookout for another club. Heard Hastings may have been a chance for Frankston. Probably junk talk. Essendon fairly dark at Mire. I think Davies is back at Geelong. And not news but Hill skip at the Demons.

Hastings and Wade have landed at Frankston as they live out that way.
Loss of Haberfield and Hastings could be massive for the dogs but Hastings did not play as much given his state commitments
Essendon couldn't keep hold of Mire with the amount of $$ given to Blizzard
Beer back to Saints for good $$
Not sure if true but have heard that Jake Reed might land at Carlton

Some nice displays to open the season:

Jake Hancock 107*
Aaron Ayre 106*
Sam Kerber 94*
JAmes Seymour 81
Travis Dean 76*
Matt Gudde 72

Jak Jowlett 5/39

The only real surprise was Fitzroy defeating St.Kilda

Interesting weekend coming up with the double headers.

I still not figures out of which country domestic cricket you talking but
Let me guess,i think WESTINDIES

I think some of players of u19 of W.i has bright future such as fast bowler Joseph, opener Pope and captain Hetmayer.

Not sure anyone on Bigcricket gives a stuff about Premier but what a mess CV are planning to make of 3's and 4's. Not good for player development. Not good for 3's players moving up. Not good for 2's players coming down. Seems a token exercise to me, to be seen to be doing something. As for the stated aim of retaining older players, it will have the opposite effect, it will only make staying at Premier level less appealing than what it is now. They would be better off killing off 3's and 4's altogether.

Not sure anyone on Bigcricket gives a stuff about Premier but what a mess CV are planning to make of 3's and 4's. Not good for player development. Not good for 3's players moving up. Not good for 2's players coming down. Seems a token exercise to me, to be seen to be doing something. As for the stated aim of retaining older players, it will have the opposite effect, it will only make staying at Premier level less appealing than what it is now. They would be better off killing off 3's and 4's altogether.
If that's the case good
All premier and Sub District 3rds and 4ths should be in the following VTCA,CSB,ECA and DDCA as then boys will be able to get better playing against Men then expierenced players can come down from 1st or 2bds depending on form and age to help the kids

If that's the case good
All premier and Sub District 3rds and 4ths should be in the following VTCA,CSB,ECA and DDCA as then boys will be able to get better playing against Men then expierenced players can come down from 1st or 2bds depending on form and age to help the kids
No that's not what they've done, they've made 3s and 4s all limited overs games. Which has an impact on kids hovering between 2nds - 3rds and not getting enough 2 day cricket in

No that's not what they've done, they've made 3s and 4s all limited overs games. Which has an impact on kids hovering between 2nds - 3rds and not getting enough 2 day cricket in

not all Premier clubs have a second ground though. As reported today in the Mord-Chelsea Leader doesn't look like that's likely to change thanks to one outgoing President...
Probably thinks its easier to schedule One Day fixtures for 3rds & 4ths.

not all Premier clubs have a second ground though. As reported today in the Mord-Chelsea Leader doesn't look like that's likely to change thanks to one outgoing President...
Probably thinks its easier to schedule One Day fixtures for 3rds & 4ths.
Very different argument - that club has entered the area and tried to take someone else's ground. CV didn't want them moving to City of Kingston with other clubs so close, and knowing their was no second ground.

All cricket below premier 1sts and 2nds should be one day cricket.. 80 over two day cricket is just a long drawn out one day game... one dayers take out fielding in 35 degrees and then turning up to a green top and 20 degrees week two and gets the batters batting each week and the bowlers bowling. The good players will still be found and filtered into the pathways..

Back