video Analysis

Carpy90

video Analysis

Just wondering if i posted a video of myself batting in the nets on youtube would anyone be prepared to offer me some tips?

Re: video Analysis

Yeah, no worries. Can offer you some advice, indeed, the video will make it easier to do so.

Welcome to the board by the way!

Shoot the video from the bowlers end and shoot it considering your whole body frame including your stance,trigger movment and shot selection.
Best of luck!!!!!

I was also thinking of filming me batting. How long should it be. Should I show my good shots, bad shots? What sort of framing should I use?

Don't focus on your best shots, just a 5 minute or so clip of you facing a variety of deliveries, playing shots in a variety of areas, it's not going to be much use if it's just you playing your favourite shot, and hitting it off the middle every ball, won't be able to get much analysis from that.

Heres a Vid of our seconds vice captain, he is in the middle net, not the nearest one.

what you think? its the first video on the left

http://wareohcc.hitscricket.com/gallery/galleryid_2155/Winter_Nets_2008_(Hailybury).aspx

If it helps, when I use computer/video analysis, I use two camcorders:

One directly in front of the batsman; zoomed in to view the whole body, including bat extension and nothing else.
One directly to the side; zoomed in to the same dimensions.

I leave the cameras running for half an hour then synchronise them. This way, during playback, you get quite a big picture :D

jimmy33 said:
I was also thinking of filming me batting. How long should it be. Should I show my good shots, bad shots? What sort of framing should I use?
Jimmy,
Shoot it from the bowler's end which will ideally display your batting stance and shot selection view.
U can ideally shoot for the number of minutes utilised in the nets.
Best of luck.

Ok thanks. Not sure when I will be doing it. Its been pissing with rain here and I have my exams to contend with for the next week and a bit. But I will do it ASAP

Stumped said:
Heres a Vid of our seconds vice captain, he is in the middle net, not the nearest one.

what you think? its the first video on the left

http://wareohcc.hitscricket.com/gallery/galleryid_2155/Winter_Nets_2008_(Hailybury).aspx

I saw the video but it lasted for couple of seconds.

Stumped said:
Liz do you have any examples so we can see your handy work?
It's not something I can easily post, the programme I use is licenced and I am prohibited from doing so. The videos are recorded directly into the programme on my notebook for instant access.

Next time I am at the nets, I shall try and get somebody to volunteer to be recorded on to the cameras' hard drives and let you see them.

Virendersingh.berthwal - Its only a short clip i had. only of one shot.....

Liz - If you could that would be great. most people struggle to get one camera let alone two set up, or any kind of program to mix the two!

Alternatively, next time I'm there [Where? That's right!] I'll give you a ring and you can be the star of the show :laugh:

Back