Video: Muralitharan bowling with an arm brace

Re: Video: Muralitharan bowling with an arm brace

Good thread. that was intresting watching that. Like or hate the guy his a good bowler. I think he looked really good with the brace on took that round arm away.

it did prove he can bowl it with out bending, but the brace is still not straight. its already bent to the angle that suits him and the ICC rule that was made to keep him in the game. i still think due to the unique make up of his arm, wrist and shoulder he does gain an advantage that others can't. But according to the rules of cricket he is perfecty legal. The ICC should release that video to all cricket nations and put it to rest, everyone might get off his case if they knew of these findings. i know it has changed my opinion of him slightly.

There is nothing in the rules about bowling with a 'bent' arm; it's whether the arm straightens or not.

crktluva,

Nothing in the laws of cricket state that you can't bowl with a bent arm. Murali also is born with a bent arm/ an elbow which cannot fully straighten, it's called a congenital deformity of the elbow.

The cast was moulded to fit his arm and prevent any straightening.

Who care's if he was born like that he throws. Also just because he's a nice bloke doesn't mean he bowls legal either. That's why they changed the laws,
to suite him.

oh yeah, and i suppose the fact that brett lee, glenn mcgrath and probablly 80% of bowlers straightened their arms more than more than the old rulings spinner 5 degrees and fast bowlers 10 degrees had nothing to do with it. Although I do agree murali probablly does gain an unfair advantage due to his natural deformities and can bowl within the tolerance level and I doubt if many people could tell if his arm straightened more than 15 degrees in delivery as it is bent to start with it is hard to tell the level of straightening with a bent arm action with the naked eye.

gundalf7;327684 said:
oh yeah, and i suppose the fact that brett lee, glenn mcgrath and probablly 80% of bowlers straightened their arms more than more than the old rulings spinner 5 degrees and fast bowlers 10 degrees had nothing to do with it. Although I do agree murali probablly does gain an unfair advantage due to his natural deformities and can bowl within the tolerance level and I doubt if many people could tell if his arm straightened more than 15 degrees in delivery as it is bent to start with it is hard to tell the level of straightening with a bent arm action with the naked eye.

huh?

Buddy23#;327493 said:
Who care's if he was born like that he throws. Also just because he's a nice bloke doesn't mean he bowls legal either. That's why they changed the laws,
to suite him.

Your ignorance is appalling. You clearly did not watch the video. If you did your deeply biased mind is block the truth from you.

Are you listening to your self?

The ICC and the MCC changed the laws of a 100+ year sport for some bowler like Murali? Or for the Asians?

You must think unicorns really exist and Elvis is still alive living with 2Pac on Mars. You choose to believe wacky conspiracy theories over reality.

Stumpcam;327729 said:
Your ignorance is appalling. You clearly did not watch the video. If you did your deeply biased mind is block the truth from you.

The ICC and the MCC changed the laws of a 100+ year sport for some bowler like Murali? Or for the Asians?

You must think unicorns really exist and Elvis is still alive living with 2Pac on Mars. You choose to believe wacky conspiracy theories over reality.

Yeah i didn't watch the video:confused: I'm far from biased my friend. Of course an international umpire calling him for chucking has probably got me covered:eek:;)

Stumpcam;327729 said:

You must think unicorns really exist and
Elvis is still alive living with 2Pac on Mars.
You choose to believe wacky conspiracy theories over reality.
Reckon they would cut a fair track. I'd listen to it:D

Buddy23#;327817 said:
Yeah i didn't watch the video:confused: I'm far from biased my friend. Of course an international umpire calling him for chucking has probably got me covered:eek:;)

I would take Micheal SLater's word on the video over Hair's on any day. I would also take the word of Western Australia's finest bio-mechanics experts, the ICC, and the MCC any day over Hair.

Your logic isn't adding up..you're not covered your exposed.

Admit it, you are not as unbiased as you think you are; Nothing can change your deeply biased views against Murali.

Ha ha!

Stumpcam;328312 said:
I would take Micheal SLater's word on the video over Hair's on any day. I would also take the word of Western Australia's finest bio-mechanics experts, the ICC, and the MCC any day over Hair.

Your logic isn't adding up..you're not covered your exposed.

Admit it, you are not as unbiased as you think you are; Nothing can change your deeply biased views against Murali.

Ha ha!

slats played him with ease, and of coarse he will back murali up..... he would have been paid 2 do so

Babies Arm;328433 said:
slats played him with ease, and of coarse he will back murali up..... he would have been paid 2 do so

If not for the Cartman avatar..I would have taken you seriously.

Back