Virender's Blog-2008

Virender's Blog

I have one more day at mumbai and then i will be leaving for delhi on thursday and from delhi to bokaro steel plant at bokaro.. for a data centre project for 2 months...
Since it is an off season...i will not be missing cricket but staying away from family will be diffcult.
I will try to keep the exercises schedule intact in the morning..
I will be logging in between from inside the steel plant or a cyber cafe in market place.
Hope to stay in touch with you all..

Virender

Virender's Blog

Hi All,

I reached bokaro yesterday night.train's line got malfunctioned so we very hold back for 2 hours..i reached at 8pm and it was dark outside the station.Luckily there were autorickshaws available and i was able to reach hotel.today i went around the town and it is small but very well sufficient enough and it has couple of cyber cafe with affordable price of Rupees 10 for per hour which is very less compared to mumbai and thane.so net surfing is easy for me.
I also saw 1-2 sports shop and decided to checkout the bats in it...
To my disappointment there were of bad quality and the shopkeeper was trying to sell rating them as very high quality ones...no straight grains and spots around the "Sweet Spot" area..looked shabby..costing was nearly the same as in mumbai..I also got to know about a cricket ground nearby so when i get any opportunity i will try to check that as well..
From tomorrow i will be going for the data centre project in the steel plant and let see how things shape up...meanwhile i have been talking to my family on phone in between...feels better...my hotel is also good right in the market and maintained very well.
I try to get some exercises and deep breathing in the morning so i will be fresh for the whole day.Thinking of having morning walks as well because i do not want the risk of jogging around and having the street dogs running after me....:)
Well untill then bye everybody..

Virender

Re: Virender's Blog-2008

It has been nearly a week from home away.
Here the project work has not started and all the seniors are doing of submitting diagrams and documents...I am just sitting and watching all this..Project execution will probably start from monday....if the labours come....but i doubt because our company has not released any Work order for the vendors so how will the vendors mobilize their team without receiving the order copy..
My health has been affected because there is no quality food around....there is no restaurant in the town and the food available in the hotel is expensive and less in quality as well...so i at times i have milk at night...
i am also getting a job offer in Facilities & Admin in Mumbai and working really hard to get it...I hope to get so i can resign and work in mumbai...i have to look into the notice period as well..
I miss my family and cricket....
I hope to get that job very quickly...

Virender

One week is over here and ihave finally spotted a team playing tennis cricket on the way to my hotel...so yesterday i went to play in their team....and although it is tennis practice but i am happy that in this small town atleast i am playing cricket and somehow connected to the game...and good for my fitness as well...so i will be going regularly for the practice in the evening from 5pm-7pm.. 2 hours of cricket...something to cheer in this town for me being so away from family.

Virender

joined my new job in mumbai from 14th august'09 and till date i have not got good enough sleep working 10-12 hours per day inculding sundays as we have project pending list to be completed and parallely operations have started in office as well.
Not able to go to gym as well and missing my sunday practice..
I am still hopefull that my boss lets me continue my morning net practice since the cricketing season will start by end of this month...till then......

Virender

It is been nearly a month and i have finally settled in my job.there has been head count and we had to replace few people in our FM team as they were not able to meet our requirement.
We had inter departmental meeting to decide on job profiles but it is still to be visible on the blue print.One of the shocking event is the immediate resgination of our chief in RE &FM for South Asia and that has again put a lot of burden on my boss as there is no immediate replacement.so we have a uphill task in our hands.Hopefully things will be settled in few days.
Meanwhile cricket has taken a backseat due to all this....i hope that in coming days i am able to manage to do both...also my wife is expecting and the date is around christmas....

Virendersingh.berthwal;364751 said:
It is been nearly a month and i have finally settled in my job.there has been head count and we had to replace few people in our FM team as they were not able to meet our requirement.
We had inter departmental meeting to decide on job profiles but it is still to be visible on the blue print.One of the shocking event is the immediate resgination of our chief in RE &FM for South Asia and that has again put a lot of burden on my boss as there is no immediate replacement.so we have a uphill task in our hands.Hopefully things will be settled in few days.
Meanwhile cricket has taken a backseat due to all this....i hope that in coming days i am able to manage to do both...also my wife is expecting and the date is around christmas....

Congrats on your imminent new arrival. Lets hope he/she (they??) will be a leggie not a left arm orthodox:)

Yeah congratulations Virender. Hope the work shapes up better and you're able to get some cricket in at some point. Reading your account of your work situation makes me feel really thankful that my job situation is as it is. Good luck and I hope you find work a lot closer to Mumbai or Thaine before the baby is born.

Thanks a lot.
I have got two options for net practice.I will be meeting one of the persons to check the same.
Hope it should be workign for me..i am missing the cricketing action from last few weeks.

I will start my season practice from tomorrow.
Although the nets will start from next week...it will be low profile mostly knocking and catch practice...Still in comig weeks the work load will be streamlined and i can concentrate on exercise and scehdule the net practice accordingly..
The coming weeks i will be focussing in attending the gym more and atleast 2-3 days for net practice...
On sunday/monday.. i will be called by the club in my new neighbourhood..
to check the wicket and practice area...i have played against this team earlier and they know me very well..that should be good for me...
I hope after nearly 6 months of gap has not rusted my shoulders....

Will update the progress....

Re: Virender's Blog-2009

It has been delayed from last week. and i have not updated my comments in the web-site.

There has been changes in the working culture and we are having tough times with days progressing and new developments turing up at workplace...but being facilities it is part of the work.
My cricket practice has started as well but only on weekends.
I have located a practice ground nearby my residence and have got few boys for practice...i have a good time practicing with them and i will upload photos in coming days..it is a concrete wicket and has a good grassy outfield and the best part is that we are not shring the wicket or ground with anybody all by ourself....

Last sunday we played practice match of 2 inngs each....good practice for everybody...i batted at number 3 and got out at 12 runs. In the 2nd inngs i was determined to bat much better and batted very good and scored 84* not out runs and also carried the bat thru the inngs....with good partnership with the others....the good thing was that i was batting very sensibly scoring not in boundaries but with singles as well....i would rate this inngs very highly for the coming season as it will be a confidence booster for the rest of the season....meanwhile another team is also invited to join for practice and i would be going on weekends to practice there from 7am-8:30am and then rush to the other practice ground for practice matches from 9am till 11am or 12pm.

I am restricting the practices and matches for weekends only...

Wish me luck..:)

Virender

Thanks Mate,

I played the first 20/20 match in my career last Saturday with my new team(which i joined recently).
We lost the toss and surprisingly the opposition elected to bat first on a wet wicket.
Our fast bowlers were right on spot and pressurized the batsmen and they managed to score only 89 runs in 20 overs at the loss of 8 wickets.
I was called for bowling in the 17th and 19th over when they were trying to look for runs..i bowled 2 overs and gave 7 runs with one easy catch missed by the slip fielder in my first over.
I was getting turn and bounce from the wicket and was not afraid to toss the ball up and beat the batsmen in flight...overall a good exprience...
In return we chased it in 13 overs itself..the next match is scheduled this Wednesday and i would not be available due to office work...i wish my team the best of luck....i am happy that my fielding and bowling earned me praises among my new team-mates....so far the season is good...
On Sunday i went to my other local team for practice and did very well...we played 3 matches of 10/10 overs...lost 1 and won the other 2...the playground is more of like hongkong super sixes with boundary walls nearby making it a challenge for bowlers to contain the batsmen and tempting the batsmen to hit over the top for quick runs...all in all a good exercise and match practice.....

Great blog mate, your love for cricket is amazing, getting upp early to play before work

keep it up and good luck in future matches

Re: Virender's Blog-2009

Thanks byes.

My team played a tournament match today again in the same venue which is hosting a 20/20 and 35 over tournament together..
We were put to field and dismissed the opposition in 160 runs and in return easily chased it at the loss of 1 wicket.The opening partnership was of 120 runs...it was a good win for our team in both format of the games..if we keep our form in similar fashion then we are confident of doing well in both of the tournament....i can not play matches in weekdays due to office...but i wish my team reaches final in both of the tournament...:)

Last two weeks has been for my cricket practice.
I am able to practice regularly on weekends...

Attached are the photos of both of the seperate wickets at different place.

I go to the first one in the morning from 7-9am and from there on to the second one till 12pm..only on weekends....

Today and tomorrow my team is having back-to-back matches...Unfortunately i am not part of the team since it is on weekdays.

I hope that my team wins both the matches...

Attachments

• Wicket.JPG
    Wicket.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 9
  • Datta & Ninad.JPG
    Datta & Ninad.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 6
Back