Vtca Season 2017/18 & 2018/19

This is strange I would hardly think one or two points should make a big difference. All clubs would have players dropping points for loyalty should not be that hard. Maybe they have committed to players seasons ahead.
My understanding is they have been forced to reconsider making a couple of high-points signings. Unlike Brunswick in the subbies they are not prepared to jettison an existing player to make way for another.

My understanding is they have been forced to reconsider making a couple of high-points signings. Unlike Brunswick in the subbies they are not prepared to jettison an existing player to make way for another.

A three point deduction is quite significant and is almost 10 per cent of the cap itself especially after a period of stability in the points where clubs are comfortable with the cap. While you might have guys dropping points for loyalty, it's hard for clubs who have a couple of low pointers leave due to retirement or move out of the area etc. Anyone you replace is going to be more Clubs without strong junior programs will suffer.

A 1 point reduction would have been appropriate and some indication the plan would be to continue to bring down in the future to say 35 in 5 years. A lot of the problem is there is no indication of a plan for the cap, a few years ago the cap was lower and then they decided to increase it out of the blue. Standard policy on the run from the VTCA to suit a couple of the major clubs with people represented in the VTCA management.

Back