Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Re: Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Once they are turned off then you should no longer receive them.

I'll have a look at your settings.

Edit:

I think you are still receiving the notifications from the threads you had posted in before you changed the settings. I've changed a setting to try to stop this. If you still get emails let me know and I'll try the next option.

mas cambios;301456 said:
Once they are turned off then you should no longer receive them.

I'll have a look at your settings.

Edit:

I think you are still receiving the notifications from the threads you had posted in before you changed the settings. I've changed a setting to try to stop this. If you still get emails let me know and I'll try the next option.

No worries, cheers.

Still getting the emails. Although I don't seem to be getting them for this thread, even though this is under my subscribed threads.

Cheers

Are you getting emails for threads or just private messages?
There must be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email for thread notifications.

Yeah true, there is but I don't want to unsubscribe do I? I still want to be able to go to my profile and view 'My subscribed threads". Won't this delete them all? And then when I post in another thread and get replies would emails still come?

It's for both, threads and PMs pretty sure.

You want to subscribe to threads but not recieve email notifications? You can do that from your Control Panel. Go to My BigCricket -> Edit Options -> Messaging & Notification -> Default Thread Subscription Mode. Set Default Thread Subscription Mode to No email notification. It'll subscribe you to threads you post in but not notify you by email. You can also find the option to disable email notification for private messages below.

I've had it on No email notification though and they still come through.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious but what's with the big birthday list at the bottom?

It's all the people who registered and never bother to amend the default birthday settings, or had accounts that were merged etc.

Sundries;302701 said:
I've had it on No email notification though and they still come through.

I've purged your subscriptions, so let's see if this works. Hopefully, you shouldn't see any more emails.

Do you reckon we could get like a Supporters Forum with one for Bay 13 and maybe one for the Barmy Army.
You saw the success of the Bay 13 Thread, if it could have its own forum thingy with different threads like Chants or Ideas that would be awsome.

At the moment the admin have decided against a Bay 13 type area for a number of reasons.

This is subject to change but at the moment we feel that the site has other needs.

mas cambios;314846 said:
At the moment the admin have decided against a Bay 13 type area for a number of reasons.

This is subject to change but at the moment we feel that the site has other needs.

you realize that im not suggesting a bigfooty bay 13 equivilent right?

Yeah, he's not talking about a trolling board like BigFooty, whilst working very well there it would be a bad idea here.

A supporter groups forum is an interesting idea but would probably be better when the site gets bigger, a Bay 13 thread is fine ATM.

roylandroos;314993 said:

I'm well aware of what you meant. Yes, it's a fair idea but at the moment a thread (the one you made is enough).

Build up the traffic and members using that thread and we'll consider giving it a dedicated forum. Though I generally believe in the 'build it, they will come' school of forum expansion, in this case I think it's a bit of a niche and also has too many connections to the Bay13 area on other sites.

The Ashes is coming up later this year, so that may be the time to revisit this idea, especially if your thread has become popular.

roylandroos;314993 said:

I'm well aware of what you meant. Yes, it's a fair idea but at the moment a thread (the one you made) is enough.

Build up the traffic and members using that thread and we'll consider giving it a dedicated forum. Though I generally believe in the 'build it, they will come' school of forum expansion, in this case I think it's a bit of a niche and also has too many connections to the Bay13 area on other sites.

The Ashes is coming up later this year, so that may be the time to revisit this idea, especially if your thread has become popular. However, there is nothing stopping you creating a social group for Bay13 (see the community tab on the top navigation bar)

I can think of a sure-fire way to make BigCricket heaps better than it currently is.

Who wants to guess what my idea is? @| :cool:

Dirk Kuyt;315270 said:
I can think of a sure-fire way to make BigCricket heaps better than it currently is.

Who wants to guess what my idea is? @| :cool:

Let me guess...Banning you would be a start

Back