WCL Match 3: Ireland v Scotland

W

Wilbix

WCL Match 3: Ireland v Scotland

3dflagsdotcom_irela_2fawl.gif
VS.
3dflagsdotcom_uksco_2fawl.gif

These two teams have travelled halfway across the world to renew their rivalry. Much like the teams in the other match today, they give themselves a shot at making the final and getting started with a win here would put them well on their way.

Match to begin: January 30, 2007 - 06:30 GMT

Weather: Cloudy with Sunny Breaks, 24C (75F)

Ireland XV: Trent Johnston, Andre Botha, Jeremy Bray, Kenny Carroll, Peter Gillespie, Dave Langford-Smith, Kyle McCallan, John Mooney, Paul Mooney, Eoin Morgan, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien, William Porterfield, Boyd Rankin, Andrew White

Scotland XV: Craig Wright, Ryan Watson, John Blain, Dougie Brown, Gavin Hamilton, Majid Haq, Paul Hoffmann, Douglas Lockhart, Ross Lyons, Neil McCallum, Dewald Nel, Navdeep Poonia, Glenn Rogers, Colin Smith, Fraser Watts​

Re: WCL Match 3: Ireland v Scotland

This match is gigantic, especially if you're one of the many people who rate Kenya as the odds-on favorites. Whoever wins this match should immediately be viewed as favorites to make the final (and perhaps more importantly, the Twenty20 World Championships).

These two matches should have started half an hour ago, right?

Any sign of news or scores? Raining? More bad internet connections?

Weather Network says sunny and 19C (66F). They should have started at 1:30 Eastern, and I'm having trouble staying up with nothing to 'watch'. I would blame the internet, but the matches are at different sites (physically) and on two different sites (internet-wise) - neither CE nor Cricinfo have anything up. Bit of a letdown, really.

Wilbix;132446 said:
and I'm having trouble staying up with nothing to 'watch'.
I know the feeling. I'm thinking of just turning in now and hoping things are sorted out technically for tomorrow's matches. That way, if things work tomorrow, at least I'll be fully rested for them.

PROGRESS!!

Ireland 48/1 from 12 overs. Nothing from CAN/NED though.

Ireland 66-1 after 15,
and the live commentary is now up!

Ireland reached 280/7 in their allotted 50 overs
highest scorer: J.P. Bray 116 runs
Highest wicket takers: P. Hoffman (3w) & R.M. Haq (3w)

A good total indeed, let's see how well they defend it.

Scotland 15/1 after 5 overs
Not a good start at all. T. Johnson took the first wicket

280 is a great total for the Irish batsmen.
That should be something that the Irish bowlers can defend.

Scotland is 84-2 after 18

Scotland now 120-3 after 29

The required rate has now climbed up to more than seven and a half per over. Ireland definitely has the upper hand. It's not over yet, but it's going to take something special for Scotland to win this one.

236/6 after 45 overs
45 runs needed to victory
If Scotland gets more agressive in the last 5 overs without losing anymore wicket, they just might be able to pull it of. This may be a close one though

266/7 49 overs

Looks like Ireland has this one. A good effort by the scottish though.

Or Scotland could score 18 runs from the last over to win on the last ball!!! My goodness what a match!

Wow, what an incredible finish! Incredible batting from the lower order. Should have known these two would serve up the match of the tournament.

Oh my gosh!! Scotland won!! I just tuned back in. That must be the match of all matches so far.

Back