West Indies In Australia - 2015/16

Ok so that was a total fizzer of a series. From the posting we all seem to have been underwhelmed. The series in NZ should be a cracker on their soil. Yoiu would think NZ will be favourites.
Don't think so, Aussie will be favourites.

There seems to be some weird expectation from Warner that the pitches will all be green seamers but by the time Aussie are here it will be late summer and most grounds will be very dry (by NZ standards).

The Aussie attack will be better balanced with Johnson retired, Starc in his place supported by Hazelwood, Siddle and Lyon.

NZ are still sweating on Southee's injuries and Boult's very slow return to form, the only good thing on the bowling front is that Santner will be settled in the side.

Last edited:
Don't think so, Aussie will be favourites.

There seems to be some weird expectation from Warner that the pitches will all be green seamers but by the time Aussie are here it will be late summer and most grounds will be very dry (by NZ standards).

The Aussie attack will be better balanced with Johnson retired, Starc in his place supported by Hazelwood, Siddle and Lyon.

NZ are still sweating on Southee's injuries and Boult's very slow return to form, the only good thing on the bowling front is that Santner will be settled in the side.

Starc won't be fit til probably April, Pattinson will be leading the attack.

Starc won't be fit til probably April, Pattinson will be leading the attack.
Still better than what we currently have, don't think having Wagner bang it in at 130kph on leg stump is going to bother Oz like it did SL.

I would like NZ to finally give Milne a shot in tests, fast bowlers are perpetually dealing with pain so it's time to just live with Milne's niggles and give him a go.

Still better than what we currently have, don't think having Wagner bang it in at 130kph on leg stump is going to bother Oz like it did SL.

Wagner was bowling bouncers consistently at 135-137km... Some of which were 140km. Granted it won't worry Australia as much but I wouldn't go and say that it'll be comfortable to face if they use the same plans..

I would like NZ to finally give Milne a shot in tests, fast bowlers are perpetually dealing with pain so it's time to just live with Milne's niggles and give him a go.

Henry will likely play as the third or fourth seamer and after his recent form - he probably deserves too.

We would all love Milne to be given a go, but pace alone won't worry the Aussies.. I think patience with Milne is the right way to go. Keep him playing the ODIs and T20's and he might just turn into something special down the line.

Wagner was bowling bouncers consistently at 135-137km... Some of which were 140km. Granted it won't worry Australia as much but I wouldn't go and say that it'll be comfortable to face if they use the same plans..
They would find it more than comfortable, when your own bowlers are quicker and the bulk of your domestic bowlers match that speed I doubt any of the Aussies outside of the tail would be bothered by that plan of attack.

The fact is Aussie batsmen have been troubled by high pace in the past whether the bowler was world class or not, what they aren't troubled by are average height into the wicket mid 130's bowlers.

Development of bowlers takes time, sure, but how long do you wait? 2 years, 5 years? 10 years? He's either good enough or he isn't and his recent performances for CD in the longer formats suggest he is good enough and fit enough.

I hope I'm wrong, you're right and the likes of Wagner and Henry do the job on the Aussies.

On a positive note Astle has been given a chance against Pakistan and we've hijacked an Aussie thread to talk about NZ cricket :)

They would find it more than comfortable, when your own bowlers are quicker and the bulk of your domestic bowlers match that speed I doubt any of the Aussies outside of the tail would be bothered by that plan of attack.

The fact is Aussie batsmen have been troubled by high pace in the past whether the bowler was world class or not, what they aren't troubled by are average height into the wicket mid 130's bowlers.

Development of bowlers takes time, sure, but how long do you wait? 2 years, 5 years? 10 years? He's either good enough or he isn't and his recent performances for CD in the longer formats suggest he is good enough and fit enough.

I hope I'm wrong, you're right and the likes of Wagner and Henry do the job on the Aussies.

On a positive note Astle has been given a chance against Pakistan and we've hijacked an Aussie thread to talk about NZ cricket :)

Fair points although watching the Big Bash, I wouldn't say that most of the Aussie domestic bowlers are in the 140's consistently.

Triple like with Astle though! Would love to see him get another go in the Test side.

Back