What Made You Decide To Be A Spin-bowler?

Discussion in 'Spin Bowling' started by someblokecalleddave, Jan 12, 2015.

Put it out there
  1. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior New Member

I quit when I was 16, I'm 18 now and will probably play again when the next season comes around.

I've done a few net sessions with my brother and bowled frequently in the backyard, it was more or less out of boredom but it sparked my interest once again (I haven't bowled much recently due to Baseball). I'd say that I still have the same bowling ability, obviously less turn but I'd definitely say I'm a smarter bowler now compared to back then. I think the best thing for me was actually reading up on this style of bowling, I never really got taught how to bowl Off-Spin so I welcomed any new found information, regardless of how "correct" it was.

2. GoldenArm

GoldenArm Member

No long winded answer required to this question, 2005 Ashes series simple as that. Hadn't played cricket for years and that series woke something in me that had been sleeping a long time. I always find it amazing how many people say the same thing too.

3. someblokecalleddave

someblokecalleddave Well-Known Member

Terrestrial TV best thing for getting people into the game, you can't beat it.

4. Darth Spin

Darth Spin Active Member

Liverpool champions of Europe after being 0-3 down at half time. Best year of sports evah!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
Put it out there