What To Do During The Off Season

This off-season I'm going to figure out the doosra. I'm aiming to bowl at least once a week, to keep my skills up.

I'm also starting Jiu Jitsu next week, so will be fit and strong by October.

Yep. It was really amazing how suddenly just visualizing Shane Warne added so much more spin! I haven't been able to find any of those slow motion close ups on his hand anymore tough...

Funnily enough, one thing that helped me improve my bowling when I was younger was doing impressions of international bowlers, mainly Warne, Such, Caddick and Gough. I found I actually bowled better in some circumstances, and figured out bits of their actions that were helping me and learnt to incorporate that into my own action.

Funnily enough, one thing that helped me improve my bowling when I was younger was doing impressions of international bowlers, mainly Warne, Such, Caddick and Gough. I found I actually bowled better in some circumstances, and figured out bits of their actions that were helping me and learnt to incorporate that into my own action.
Me too i have a run up like Shahid afridi and an action like Warne !!

We dont have off seasons out here..., its generally is a few rainy days when we do a few running ,lifting, streching sort of stuffs indoor and visit a neighbourhood field to play muddy football the rest of the day....

I've managed to get outside during one of the few sunny spells of recent times and got a bit of film of my bowling action. It is only the side-on view as the front-on view was somehow deleted and it is now too wet to re-film it. Also I can't bowl in my back garden for the next few weeks as I have done a bit of digging work to make it a bit flatter ready for the summer so we are having to grow the grass back and I don't want to go and trample it.

Anyway, this is my bowling action, with a few variations thrown in:

I notice that my front leg doesn't brace - I'm pretty sure that is just my natural reaction to being on slightly slippery ground, but I'll get someone to check at nets on Tuesday.

I know this thread is a bit old but...

I dont think not having some proper "pitch" to practice on would stop me from training.. In fact i never practice on a proper pitch, i always go to the synthetic football field to practice.. If loopylegspinner has the same problem this year, id advise him to go practice on a synthetic football field even though it spins a lot more than a real pitch and is very slow.. For me if its not raining or snowing its a good day to practice outdoor.

Fitness wise, having read this thread, i think i should get my bum off the sofa and get outsider for a daily run or something.. I juste realised i never really do something to get fit

Back