Why Is Nsw Good At Cricket

Discussion in 'Australia' started by lower11, May 21, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. lower11

lower11 Member

Dont want to stir the pot here, but most of the top players have traditionally come from this state, I played in victoria before taking a moveup here and tbh after playing in a strong comp in both states, i dont see much difference at the day to day club level, its pretty much the same. Is it just politics?

Renegadesfan likes this.
  2. Neville Young

Neville Young Active Member

As David Hookes observed "when they give out the baggy blue cap in NSW, they give you a baggy green in a brown paper bag as well to save making two presentations".

3. bobby123

bobby123 New Member

in NSW it seems that it is more difficult to crack the state side at a younger age, hence why many of the young talents
    will leave to other states to get a gig.

4. lower11

lower11 Member

But thats counter intuitive to my point. It will mean other states would only get better and have more representation.

5. Neville Young

Neville Young Active Member

While NSW has more Test reps, their record in Shield cricket over the past 10 years hasn't been as good as Victoria (5) and the same as Tassie (2). If you live in any other state you will be aware of a number of players that could have been given a chance ahead of some of the NSW Test reps.

6. Renegadesfan

Renegadesfan Active Member

They seem to be a little more professional at it. They might play more of it due to the weather being a little more kind to them.

7. lower11

lower11 Member

it rains more there past 4 weeks there have been washed out

Renegadesfan likes this.
  8. Renegadesfan

Renegadesfan Active Member

Weather is a lot more humid so they can practice more.
    I used to live up in Mildura and it never got below 15 degrees during winter and there were lots of cricket training happening.

Put it out there