Will Kevin Pietersen Come Back In The Odi Team Again?

It's hard to say. He's good enough to be in the side and there's a lot of reasons for and against him being in any of their teams. I guess it remains to be seen what happens on the Pietersen front at the moment.

Well after what's happened very recently I think his chances are pretty much over. It's a shame for English cricket as he probably still has something to offer.

Very strange to not even consider a bloke who just scored 355 not out in his most recent first class innings.

Last edited:
True. However is does say a lot about Pietersen that he quit Surrey immediately to go play in the IPL.

I'm still shocked they didn't pick him though, he'd be close to their best player.

I think it is a pathetic decision. This is where sport should take a leaf out of entertainment industry. You manage the diva, and break the rules for them that you would hold other players to, because the fact is you need them. Like hell does this England team have the luxury of leaving out the star. And sometimes even some discord within the team can be a good thing. Pietersen would have been more motivated to perform than ever.

It's laughable, what's happening over there. It almost even ruins The Ashes as a contest.
So long as England and Wales cop a flogging the Ashes will never be degraded. However i do not find any of these arguments to be on anything like solid ground. The bloke is a proven self centred idiot that has been toxic in the team environment and destructive to English cricket. Why would anyone want this twit in there team. He is not that good and never was. Had a real record of doing selfish things when the team needed him to play a team innings. I have little respect for players like Pietersen and Warne. They have such great talent but the are such disgusting people and this is more important than winning. Never forget it is a sport and quality of people in leadership and as public icons is more important than plain talent. Many talented player has fallen to the way side because they don't try and many fall from grace like Wayne Carey, who will always be remembered for sleeping with his best mates wife than the footy he played. We cannot allow these people to degrade our game just because they are good at it.

Back