Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bones1

Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

ANA are joining Moreland/ Moonee Valley Cricket Association ?

Heard 2 other clubs are now considering applying to the VTCA next year

Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

I can only see a struggle for the next few years - clubs will progressively move their turf sides to VTCA (as they did for the old Sunshine comp) as we are already seeing now until the WADCA and Churches will be forced to combine as a synthetic competition for the western/south-western regions.

stacksonthemill;402930 said:
I can only see a struggle for the next few years - clubs will progressively move their turf sides to VTCA (as they did for the old Sunshine comp) as we are already seeing now until the WADCA and Churches will be forced to combine as a synthetic competition for the western/south-western regions.

thats bullcrap.......have a look at the ex sca clubs who arnt setting the world on fire in the vtca.....albion going down hill which is a shame foots united hav'nt won a flag since being there......is there anymore.....st albans have the coin but still no flag......i might be wrong......

the player points system for clubs in the vtca is crap as is at 5 o'clock with the game over 1 team wants bonus points so you go back out and play.......i say get on the fizz......

I think you are taking my comment the wrong way - I'll put it another way.

Does the competition have the potential for any notable growth in terms of turf cricket team numbers in the future? Will councils allow growth areas to add in turf wickets or decide to go the cheaper option and maintain grounds with synthetic instead and stymie further growth of turf cricket in the west?

Saying that, will clubs feel that the VTCA is an option in order to better test their club in a larger turf competition and give them a chance to rise up the ranks?

Some of the clubs you mentioned have been carefully selected, so I will flip your coin and suggest other clubs such as YCCC (ex FCA) and Suns Utd (ex SCA) who have been successful - it is all about finding your level ... some clubs are naturally going to be better than others.

I'm not going into nitty-gritty issues in the VTCA, WADCA or Churches such as player points here in this forum, I am more looking at club and team numbers in this scenario.

On another angle, is a WADCA/Churches merger a viable option (my thought is yes) ... or is the status quo better (probably not).

stacksonthemill;402963 said:

Does the competition have the potential for any notable growth in terms of turf cricket team numbers in the future? Will councils allow growth areas to add in turf wickets or decide to go the cheaper option and maintain grounds with synthetic instead and stymie further growth of turf cricket in the west?

Saying that, will clubs feel that the VTCA is an option in order to better test their club in a larger turf competition and give them a chance to rise up the ranks?

Some of the clubs you mentioned have been carefully selected, so I will flip your coin and suggest other clubs such as YCCC (ex FCA) and Suns Utd (ex SCA) who have been successful - it is all about finding your level ... some clubs are naturally going to be better than others.

I'm not going into nitty-gritty issues in the VTCA, WADCA or Churches such as player points here in this forum, I am more looking at club and team numbers in this scenario.

On another angle, is a WADCA/Churches merger a viable option (my thought is yes) ... or is the status quo better (probably not).

You have raised some good points as has weapons, with the ex- sca/fca clubs in vtca looks to me the clubs with the money behind them doing ok ie yarivile club and sunshine untied who have alway had money,as can buy good players, others such as Albion, Footscray United stalbans and sunshine Druids and sunshine Ycw having less money to buy players also they all having to deal the mass influx of foreign nationalities that dont play cricket ie Asian and African nationalities (not that this is a bad thing) but this affects the recruitment ie fror your juniors which is the future of every club. as for the merger i believe will be inevitable as the mass exodus from the churches this year will effect their top grades and eventually the lower grades, as our club and melton centrals, burnside, caroline springs and possibly werribee centrals moving sides to wadca or other comps will put pressure on. As for turf our club is working hard with our council to get a turf wicket up and running but will need to share a ground in the first couple of seasons. We look forward to the challenges ahead and playing cricket in a new comp against different oposition.

stacksonthemill;402930 said:

Mate i think ur bang on the money with your sumation.

Not enough Turf grounds to go around and new growth areas lucky to get a footy oval let a lone a turf table.

Willy comp cant afford to have turf clubs walk away as there arent no other turf clubs to come in and take there spot....

This just weakens the hole comps structure, its plain for all to see.

The next year or two will be very interesting for Western Suburban Cricket Amen...

unyuns when are you going to stop the dribble we are sick of should have and could have your memory musnt serve you too well lets wind the clock back a season or two the last time your pathetic club made the finals you were bowled out for a miserable high 50 or low 60s and the semi was over by 1pm on the sunday im sure all clubs in the finals series this year wouldve been pissing themselves if you made the finals again nothing better than seeing wimps embarass themselves

stacksonthemill;402963 said:

yeah fair enough im probably not looking at the bigger picture.....my club deer park is working hard off the ground to get it to a position where kids are getting an opportunity to play the highest level they can...wdca thats a-turf so we are building on that......

going by the comp presentation night the wdca had a record number of teams last season including an extra turf grade and the comments from 1 of the delegates were all posetive.......

why go to another comp and test yourselves when there is a comp already where you can do the same.......there is a club in our comp g/u who all clubs envy of thier success in the last 10 years or so.......so why not as clubs in the last couple of years have done try and better them and beat them........

imo only the better teams will go to vtca because their heads are up their arses.......:eek:...ala laverton

which will make it more interesting for the clubs still involved.......we dont rely on council to do our wicket so we will be right what ever happens.......ive travelled for the last 10 years at subby level and im quite happy staying in the western suburbs........long live the WDCA

BigCoq;402994 said:
Mate i think ur bang on the money with your sumation.

Not enough Turf grounds to go around and new growth areas lucky to get a footy oval let a lone a turf table.

Willy comp cant afford to have turf clubs walk away as there arent no other turf clubs to come in and take there spot....

This just weakens the hole comps structure, its plain for all to see.

The next year or two will be very interesting for Western Suburban Cricket Amen...

mate you go out to pt cook there is a footy/cricket(dunno about turf though) ground in every estate.....

weapons05/06;403027 said:
mate you go out to pt cook there is a footy/cricket(dunno about turf though) ground in every estate.....

will be turf soon out there!

water restrictions have eased!

had our AGM last night and i must say the VTCA are hell bent on taking over the wdca turf grades which means the wdca would join the churches and become a syntheic comp......im sure all clubs got their proposal for our comp and how/where each club would be situated.......very interesting we will be voting against.....i dont want to travell to craigiburn and the like.......

weapons05/06;403437 said:
had our AGM last night and i must say the VTCA are hell bent on taking over the wdca turf grades which means the wdca would join the churches and become a syntheic comp......im sure all clubs got their proposal for our comp and how/where each club would be situated.......very interesting we will be voting against.....i dont want to travell to craigiburn and the like.......

Who's we,do u speak on behalf of your club surely ur just an employee.
Albions close Stalbans just up the road surely no further than the travel u currently do in the Willy comp Wyndhamvale and now Melton & Melton Sth cant see were your argument has legs in relation to travel. Just sound like i love Willy Comp rant.

BigCoq;403488 said:
Who's we,do u speak on behalf of your club surely ur just an employee.
Albions close Stalbans just up the road surely no further than the travel u currently do in the Willy comp Wyndhamvale and now Melton & Melton Sth cant see were your argument has legs in relation to travel. Just sound like i love Willy Comp rant.

mate ive been around deer park my whole life.....footy/cricket all the same to me......if i wanted to travel i would have stayed at willy.....not only that we have alot of jnrs in our snr sides so imagine 1 of them (jnr) is playing werribee out at werribee sth and snrs are playing craigiburn......wouldnt get there till 2 o'clock......

albion's folding i hear....

wyndhamvale,melton 20 mins up the road craigiburn probably that and another 15 ....well thats what section they had us in along with avondale heights thats hardly a nth b west group....people at the top of vtca just looking after their own......this will see alot of wdca clubs fold...imo

weapons05/06;403499 said:
mate ive been around deer park my whole life.....footy/cricket all the same to me......if i wanted to travel i would have stayed at willy.....not only that we have alot of jnrs in our snr sides so imagine 1 of them (jnr) is playing werribee out at werribee sth and snrs are playing craigiburn......wouldnt get there till 2 o'clock......

albion's folding i hear....

wyndhamvale,melton 20 mins up the road craigiburn probably that and another 15 ....well thats what section they had us in along with avondale heights thats hardly a nth b west group....people at the top of vtca just looking after their own......this will see alot of wdca clubs fold...imo

Couple of people might retire too.........:cool:

Anything interesting happen at the comp AGM on wednesday night????

Theres nothing on the website yet.

hussler;403607 said:
Anything interesting happen at the comp AGM on wednesday night????

Theres nothing on the website yet.

just ask trent lawford how the weapon smashed him around.....hahahaha

nothing unusual in a saturdays midyear cricket game.......who is this john from hoppers club????runs the hoppers indoor centre????

Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

COACH WANTED

OLD WESTBOURNE CRICKET CLUB – Season 2010/11

Old Westbourne Cricket Club are seeking applications from a senior playing/non-playing coach for the upcoming 2010/11 season in the WDCA (Williamstown District Cricket Association).

Entering into their 3rd year, OWCC is looking to move forward as a club and is seeking a Senior Coach who can build on the strong foundations that already exist at the club. We have a dedicated list of players that have a strong work ethic towards training, preparation and success. Through our
affiliation with Westbourne Grammar, the club’s facilities are amongst some of the best in the competition.3

The Old Westbourne Cricket Club currently fields teams in B-Turf, C-Turf and the One Day Competition, with the view of future expansion, including juniors and Milo In2Cricket.

The successful applicant will demonstrate the following;

• Excellent communication and people management skills

• The ability to develop and implement a training and preparation structure beneficial for the senior group.

• The ability to set and achieve goals with the senior group.

• A strong desire to work with the club in striving to reach clubs goals.

• Level 1 Coaching Accreditation – preferred but NOT essential.

• A passion for the game and developing cricketers

• Player recruitment & retention

REMUNERATION is NEGOTIABLE – including incentives

All interested applicants can apply to:

Old Westbourne Cricket Club
c/- Andrew Purcell – Cricket Operations Manager
andrew@codecom.com.au

Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Looking at the WSUCCA page, it all looks like doom and gloom in their comp and that a merger/amalgamation/swallowing-up/transfer of clubs from one to the other is probable leading up to the 2011-12 season.

They seem to have only 2 A grade teams left and around 28 teams (10 of those in one-day grades).

hussler;403036 said:
will be turf soon out there!

water restrictions have eased!

u keep flogging that dead horse:D

the end is nigh first Laverton, need West or Digman to go and thats all she wrote.
oh dont worry Melton clubs will save you....

Come over Jump before u get pushed less tears;)
Be the Masters of your own Destiny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back