Willy Comp 2011/2012

I have been sitting here listening to all the rubbish talk that is happening!

I retired last year (after a premiership I might ass ;) ) and often jump on here and have a geez at all the crap that gets thrown around on here!

I am actually curious as to how willy imps blokes call west newport cheats, when they never cheated in that semi final! They did what they had to do to win, NO LAWS OF CRICKET BROKEN AT ALL...

Now, secondly... Someone please tell me if Im wrong but Willy Imps played a player they should have never played in the make up game, then on sunday decided to take the covers off before 7am to ensure extra water was on the table/ wicket???

So who's the cheats???

On another note, good grand final shaping up...

Let me go back to that day, the "Spirit of the Game" wasnt the winner on that fateful day. We all play to the rules and within the spirit of the game, which obviously doesnt apply to the West Newport Cricket Club then and probably to this day!!

Thats all i have to say. Good luck to Willy Imps, hope you beat the Cheats!!!

Sorry to intrude,can anyone give me some details of where the grand final will be played,times,etc,and more importantly could I purchase a coldie there?

Let me go back to that day, the "Spirit of the Game" wasnt the winner on that fateful day. We all play to the rules and within the spirit of the game, which obviously doesnt apply to the West Newport Cricket Club then and probably to this day!!

Jog on mate

Wah wah wah! That's all we hear from these lavo sooks! Maybe they might have won that game if their captain wasn't so worried about sledging a 15 year old kid while he was batting! Hahaha.

IF YOU COULD READ PROPERLY...

The point I am alluding too, is the fact that Willy Imps sit there as proud as punch acting as if West Newport are cheats, when the writing is on the wall with what Willy Imps have done.

1. Played a player they knew they should have never played played in the make up game; and
2. Some how mysteriously the covers were off before 7am on the weekend with extra water all over the wicket.

GO FIGURE...once again I SHALL STATE WEST NEWPORT PLAYED WITHIN THE RULES and did nothing wrong, it was a matter from what I viewed for the umpires to dictate whether any unlawful tactics or behaviours occured...WHICH THEY DIDNT!

Anyhow, I think a good A turf grand final is shaping up...
Interesting to see how some of the 'SOFT' Willy Imps players go in the pressure of a grand final...

From what I heard they were full of glory and were mouthing off to the West Newport players after beating point cook in the last round... Ryan Hilston I believe was the big mouth on this occasion!

IF YOU COULD READ PROPERLY...

The point I am alluding too, is the fact that Willy Imps sit there as proud as punch acting as if West Newport are cheats, when the writing is on the wall with what Willy Imps have done.

1. Played a player they knew they should have never played played in the make up game; and
2. Some how mysteriously the covers were off before 7am on the weekend with extra water all over the wicket.

GO FIGURE...once again I SHALL STATE WEST NEWPORT PLAYED WITHIN THE RULES and did nothing wrong, it was a matter from what I viewed for the umpires to dictate whether any unlawful tactics or behaviours occured...WHICH THEY DIDNT!

Anyhow, I think a good A turf grand final is shaping up...
Interesting to see how some of the 'SOFT' Willy Imps players go in the pressure of a grand final...

From what I heard they were full of glory and were mouthing off to the West Newport players after beating point cook in the last round... Ryan Hilston I believe was the big mouth on this occasion!

your not so quiet now......:D

Get over it moron, Lavo wouldve done exactly the same thing ffs..........:rolleyes:

Hey di@khead it has been 2 years so move on you lost so bad luck !!!!!! you are why brother and sister should not have kids !!

SO, we got beat without a ball being bowled.. So be it, thats why you need to get the starts when no one else does during the year and the outrights along the way during the season to finish top 2..
As for all the cheating talk, dont agree that there was cheating! teams may manipulate a few things to get an advantage, but as above, thats why you need to finish top 2! nothing we wouldnt do if were in that position..
Good luck to the remaining 3 GU sides in GF's.
As for A Turf, not that my opinon means anything, but hard to pick who will win.. Thinks IMPS may have alot of hunger given its been 20 odd years since tasting glory, but wouldnt want to get caught in the field 2 days in a row given a few older bodies.. (thats what hurt us at the end of our 7 year streak).. Having said that, few wise old players at the IMPS that have been good players for years but will need to stand up and deliver in the big dance.. West Newp arent going in with great form, but have a few good players who are due for runs.. Interesting on the selctions for Shielsy this week, dropping mac and jones for the semi.. would think they would need to return.. My query on west is, hard to win a GF with only 4 bowlers.. not sure who bowls the extra 10- 15 overs a day if they fail to take early wickets..
On that note - the team who bats first has won the last 10 times so will stick to that theory.. Good luck to both teams!!

SO, we got beat without a ball being bowled.. So be it, thats why you need to get the starts when no one else does during the year and the outrights along the way during the season to finish top 2..
As for all the cheating talk, dont agree that there was cheating! teams may manipulate a few things to get an advantage, but as above, thats why you need to finish top 2! nothing we wouldnt do if were in that position..
As for A Turf, not that my opinon means anything, but hard to pick who will win.. Thinks IMPS may have alot of hunger given its been 20 odd years since tasting glory, but wouldnt want to get caught in the field 2 days in a row given a few older bodies.. (thats what hurt us at the end of our 7 year streak).. Having said that, few wise old players at the IMPS that have been good players for years but will need to stand up and deliver in the big dance.. West Newp arent going in with great form, but have a few good players who are due for runs.. Interesting on the selctions for Shielsy this week, dropping mac and jones for the semi.. would think they would need to return.. My query on west is, hard to win a GF with only 4 bowlers.. not sure who bowls the extra 10- 15 overs a day if they fail to take early wickets..
On that note - the team who bats first has won the last 10 times so will stick to that theory.. Good luck to both teams!!

If you think the side who bats 1st is going to win, who do you reckon is going to bat 1st????:D

How many overs in a day for the granny ? standard? I know i played in it last year but cant remember if it stayed the same
haha

titbs year in review

willimstown imps........we were the benchmark all season with an influx of new players adding to our depth,and a quality import,will be premiers and celebrating our 21st in the coming weeks.

cheats.........another good start to the season but inhouse fighting has had the wheels falling off since before xmas.....no better example of this than the loss of will........think matt has lost his way and players have lost respect.

yesterdays heroes.......hanging in there but are a club in decline,they were a powerhouse but it now appears over.

cabbies.......most undisciplined team and club in competition as was shown again last weekend......good effort to make the finals but with leadership like that,,,,why bother???? club without good culture.

monkeyvale.......not enough good players and one who plays for himself in charge.....couple of good kids came through this year..........but with the natives they have in the area,,,what chance do they have.

cookers.......like the direction this club is going in,major improvers this season and got a couple of big scalps...new ground in next year or two,should have them competing with us for thext 4 or 5 years.

g/brand.........too many kids to be cometetive at the moment..........if we only had two good clubs in divy 2 they could also go down..

the great little family club.........well it has caught up with them........you can't have a cricket club where it is not safe for women and children to go and expect people to come and play, or for that matter stay..........lost 20 odd players from first 3 teams last year,this club must learn but havn't as shown by the recruitment of rowan from lavo.....meaning his dill father would be there on weekends....good luck next year on hard wickets in melton......

Back