Willy Comp 2011/2012

As we are all cricket fans on here, im sure i wasnt only the one watching the cricket when ian bell was run out on the tea break the other night! was having a beer with mates at the time who reminded me of the day the gorillas got Mick Menzies out timed out in the GF!
Anyone got any better than that dismissal from the WDCA over the years??

As we are all cricket fans on here, im sure i wasnt only the one watching the cricket when ian bell was run out on the tea break the other night! was having a beer with mates at the time who reminded me of the day the gorillas got Mick Menzies out timed out in the GF!

I saw the worst non dismissal ever at GU one day though......you'll remember the semi final about 6-7 years ago we played you guys, there was a mix-up between Frewy & Phil & one bail was dislodged by a direct hit ( they safely made their ground) then they decided to run again & our keeper took the other bail off comfortably & crea was given runout (he was out by 3 metres) & then umpire changed his mind & called him back( after a lot of whinging) because one of the bails was dislodged already?????? Disgraceful...........i think he was on 0 & end up making 49 just for the record hahahaha;)

can never hear that story enough,makes me laugh my head off.that stuck up **** next door used to think he was bigger than the game when he strutted out to bat,then not face up just to upset oppisition players.his team mates also found it ammusing,but not half as ammusing as every player and club in our comp found it that day.thanks willy comp you just improved my day.
i must ask though,would your side have done that to another player or just him?

i do recall another strange dismissal,funny enough against grand when one of our bats picked the ball up and was given out for it.not sure that ball was going to hit the stumps,how well do you recall that one willy comp?pretty sure you were out there.

can never hear that story enough,makes me laugh my head off.that stuck up **** next door used to think he was bigger than the game when he strutted out to bat,then not face up just to upset oppisition players.his team mates also found it ammusing,but not half as ammusing as every player and club in our comp found it that day.thanks willy comp you just improved my day.

i do recall another strange dismissal,funny enough against grand when one of our bats picked the ball up and was given out for it.not sure that ball was going to hit the stumps,how well do you recall that one willy comp?pretty sure you were out there.

to be honest, certainly wasnt planned to time him out.. but for those who were there, you couldnt argue that he took over 5 minutes to get to the wicket.. The theatrics by umpire Kev lee just added to the story..
actually cant remember the incident you mentioned, although one against the imps that springs to mind was when Royston smashed a full toss to ground to be caught in the gully, and the umpire putting his finger up and saying, 'well you hit it didnt you'..
Played at GU along time and have seen some crackers over the years! hard to remember them all.. rememebr seeing cocka one day get bowled around his legs by a spinner, then just turned around and picked the bail up and put it on the stumps stating the keeper knocked the bail off.. And yes. got away with it!!

AAARRGGGHHH I REMEMBER THAT INCIDENT WELL. I WANTED TO CALL THE BATSMAN BACK....I THINK IT WAS SLATTERY...BUT MY ************** TEAM MATES TOLD ME NOT TO. BY THE WAY, THE BALL WOULD HAVE SMASHED INTO MIDDLE STUMP ARRRGGGHHH

AAARRGGGHHH I REMEMBER THAT INCIDENT WELL. I WANTED TO CALL THE BATSMAN BACK....I THINK IT WAS SLATTERY...BUT MY ************** TEAM MATES TOLD ME NOT TO. BY THE WAY, THE BALL WOULD HAVE SMASHED INTO MIDDLE STUMP ARRRGGGHHH
Hey knackers, You have your caps lock on. You always use big letters on my facebook as well. Get the missus to show you how to turn the caps lock off.......IDIOT!!!!!!

not sure which is harder to believe.........you wanted to call him back........unlikely..........you listened to your team mates....more unlikely.

so what is going on at grand, ive heard that they are planning to wheel out a few of yesterdays heroes again..and....again..
i also hear that best player from monkeyvale has moved on for a higher grade of cricket
the best player from the cheats has moved on for a higher grade of pay
and the best player from the great little family club is not happy and moving on...apparrently not happy with a few things????????

hey titb ,played against vales the other week, what a disgrace one of there players (who i belive plays for imps) ran straight at the other batsman did not ground his bat and got ran out, as he was walking off the feild he was carrying on blaming the other guy, then sat there for at least an hour complaining, is this the type of players u raise at your club?

hey titb ,played against vales the other week, what a disgrace one of there players (who i belive plays for imps) ran straight at the other batsman did not ground his bat and got ran out, as he was walking off the feild he was carrying on blaming the other guy, then sat there for at least an hour complaining, is this the type of players u raise at your club?

winter gorilla...........love it!!

cant wait for some free crownies tmozz!!!!

so what is going on at grand, ive heard that they are planning to wheel out a few of yesterdays heroes again..and....again..
i also hear that best player from monkeyvale has moved on for a higher grade of cricket
the best player from the cheats has moved on for a higher grade of pay
and the best player from the great little family club is not happy and moving on...apparrently not happy with a few things????????
seems like a bit movement in the comp then.. as for grand, not sure if you would call a couple of 34 yr olds yesterdays heroes.. although wheeling out is probably on the money.. be interested to hear if the older brigade at imps are going around again or you looking at blooding some youngsters??

he was representing monkeyvale not imps,simple as that.
as for batsmen not being happy when they are dismissed and complaining for at least an hour,who coaches grand?????????
you just worry about your own little jungle.

Theres talk coming out of Foots ANA that Grahame Hodgart has resigned as secretary after 31 years, the story ive heard is he has spat the dummy and taken his bat and ball home because the current president and most of the committee are trying to move the club forward in a positive direction, therefore defining Grahame's positon as secretary only and not letting him have the power to run the club as a dictatorship as he has done in the past!! His brother Mal who has been treasurer for the same amount of time has also resigned stating that he wants to spend more time with his family and that his brother resigning had nothing to do with his desicion even though it was only half an hour after his brother. ANA's AGM is this friday night so it should be interesting to see what happens

Theres talk coming out of Foots ANA that Grahame Hodgart has resigned as secretary after 31 years, the story ive heard is he has spat the dummy and taken his bat and ball home because the current president and most of the committee are trying to move the club forward in a positive direction, therefore defining Grahame's positon as secretary only and not letting him have the power to run the club as a dictatorship as he has done in the past!! His brother Mal who has been treasurer for the same amount of time has also resigned stating that he wants to spend more time with his family and that his brother resigning had nothing to do with his desicion even though it was only half an hour after his brother. ANA's AGM is this friday night so it should be interesting to see what happens
In all seriousness mate, no-one gives a sh1t was is going on at ANA

*Their. IDIOT!!

thats more like it do i detect a little disharmony between you and the hodgarts

Back