Wrist Spin Bowling (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wrist Spin Bowling (Part Two)

Spiderlounge;385429 said:
I've been playing around with my grip (I'm not bowling proper yet, still just spinning hand to hand) and my problem seems to be remarkably simple - all I needed to do was take my thumb off the ball and 2 up-2 down works a charm!!! My left shoulder's playing up a lot so don't think I'll be bowling proper any time soon though...

I personlly think that very few leggies can spin big with the thumb on the ball. I'm at a similar stage of development to you, but I can spin much more vigorously without touching the ball with my thumb.

chrisbell;385430 said:
I personlly think that very few leggies can spin big with the thumb on the ball. I'm at a similar stage of development to you, but I can spin much more vigorously without touching the ball with my thumb.

you may find (as i did) that initially it seems easier without the thumb, but eventually youll naturally add it on.

i actually use the thumb to assist in spinning the ball. without it i generate about 10-15% fewer revs on the ball. it also helps to stabilise the ball out of the hand and reduces stray deliveries.

most of the really big spinners look to use their thumbs. Warne definitely does and im finding my spinning action resembling his more and more the more i work on improving it.

Jim2109;385431 said:
you may find (as i did) that initially it seems easier without the thumb, but eventually youll naturally add it on.

i actually use the thumb to assist in spinning the ball. without it i generate about 10-15% fewer revs on the ball. it also helps to stabilise the ball out of the hand and reduces stray deliveries.

most of the really big spinners look to use their thumbs. Warne definitely does and im finding my spinning action resembling his more and more the more i work on improving it.

You know, now trying it - you're right!:rolleyes::cool::D Not so sure I'd use it for the googly, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back