Wrong'un as stock delivery

Re: Wrong'un as stock delivery

whenever I bowl wrist spin it just comes out as a wrongun....I always assumed it was the easier delivery to bowl

they call it the Chinaman dont they?

Roy00;404265 said:
whenever I bowl wrist spin it just comes out as a wrongun....I always assumed it was the easier delivery to bowl

they call it the Chinaman dont they?

If you're right handed and you bowl wrist spin and can only produce the wrong-un you've probably got the 'Googly Syndrome'. The questions is were you ever able to bowl leg-breaks? Most people start out with a decent leg-break and then learn the Wrong Un and lose the ability to bowl their Leg-break.

If you're Left Handed and you bowl wrist spin your 'Stock Ball' out of the front of the hand will turn into the RH batsman. If you have a wrist spin delivery that comes out of the back of the hand and uses the wrong un action to a RH batsman that would turn away from the edge of his bat like a Right handers leg-break. I always thought that the description of a 'Chinaman' bowler just meant that you were a Left-Handed wrist-spinner?

yeh a chinaman is a left arm wrist spinner. you cant have a right arm chinaman.

there are chinaman googly bowlers though, who are effectively leg spinners rather than offies as they normally would be.

i've never been able to bowl a leg break.

since i was a kid i tried to emulate Abdul Qadir's action when i bowled right arm wrist spin....but they always spun like wronguns...thats just my natural delivery

Roy00;404301 said:
i've never been able to bowl a leg break.

since i was a kid i tried to emulate Abdul Qadir's action when i bowled right arm wrist spin....but they always spun like wronguns...thats just my natural delivery

So you're a right handed wrong un bowler? Like Tiger O'reilly? How's that work for you - do they get you on when there's a leftie batting? What's your best figures like over a season?

I went through a year of bowling nothing but wrong uns and didn't do too well. Are you looking to get the Leg Break working at all as I've got some pretty good ideas to get the leg break.

Back