NMCA 2019/2020

Why do we really need to know clearances, to feed everyones inner gossip queen?
I'm sure if every club just worried about there own backyard and got there own shit in order wed have a much stronger comp to play in..

always interesting to find out who coinbank are trying to pinch for the season ahead. generally the first way a club hears about it

I heard a Rosebank Rozella Ex Pat is joining forces over the ditch at Plenty Rd as they are turning towards youth to reclaim supremacy over the arch. He could be tipped to take over the reigns from none other than Gary Bells at RG HQ. The sniff aint too bad out that way either something he'll enjoy.
Are you talking about the guy that is known to burn people running between wickets?

If it makes everyone sleep easy tonight Rivergum have one clearance out , Aj back to camrea its been all over there facebook page for a month so hardly a military secret.
As a 53yr old and after 4 A grade flags with us in the last 6 seasons he's welcome to do as he pleases.
And currently no clearances in.

Yeh they’d have it wrapped up already and he will make 2000 runs on their shit ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will. Disgrace of a joint. Won't be long before the rabble down at Zwar folds and they move back in I would have thought, ill give it 3 years

I think this comp used to be good and a major restructure is needed if they want to survive.

100% agree. I think the comp needs to offer a different format from the DVCA. I think it would be great if they offered the shorter version of the game ( one dayers and T20 ). Imagine being able to play double header T20 games (1st & 2nd XI) at home on the same day. Playing shorter formats would also make it easier on clubs as players only have to commit for one Saturday rather than the two Saturdays for a two day game at present. Might also be attractive to other clubs to join from outside the comp. I think if the comp keep continuing like present its only a matter of time before it its run its race.

100% agree. I think the comp needs to offer a different format from the DVCA. I think it would be great if they offered the shorter version of the game ( one dayers and T20 ). Imagine being able to play double header T20 games (1st & 2nd XI) at home on the same day. Playing shorter formats would also make it easier on clubs as players only have to commit for one Saturday rather than the two Saturdays for a two day game at present. Might also be attractive to other clubs to join from outside the comp. I think if the comp keep continuing like present its only a matter of time before it its run its race.
The top 3 grades and reserves have 8 teams in each grade and play 7 one dayers and 7 two day matches. I think some of the lowest grades play more one dayers than two dayers and dont play every week. Top cricketers would not be attracted to playing one dayers or T20 every week. Maybe we could have several rounds where one dayers are replaced by two T20 matches on the day.

The top 3 grades and reserves have 8 teams in each grade and play 7 one dayers and 7 two day matches. I think some of the lowest grades play more one dayers than two dayers and dont play every week. Top cricketers would not be attracted to playing one dayers or T20 every week. Maybe we could have several rounds where one dayers are replaced by two T20 matches on the day.
Just recalling we used to have two dedicated one day comps but clubs appear to have lost interest in this format with both grades in recess in recent seasons. Maybe the bottom few grades could be one day and T20 matches only ??

Back