Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

Question:

If a cricketer plays 4 games in the 3rd XI, then works his way up to a Shield Grade, can he drop back to the 3rd XI to play in the semi-final?

Rule SA5 says that he can, "as he has played 4 matches in or below that grade"

The new rule SA4 would indicate he can't - "Shield Grade players cannot be dropped more than one team at a time during a current season, unless during finals if their club has consecutive teams playing. The exception will be if the player has been unavailable for at least 3 consecutive matches.”

And does Diamond Creek's 2nd XI in Mash Shield count as a "Shield Grade" for the purposes of the rule?
You could avoid the problem (if you foresee it) by dropping him back to the 2nds in the last H&A game.

I'm against it. If you qualify for a final, you should be eligible to play in it, regardless of where else you have played.

Would certainly simplify the rule. Add in a clause that allows players to be promoted without the minimum number of games played for finals and I reckon it's a winner.

Anybody seen any fixtures lying around? We start in 17 days.

I've seen nothing around. I've been checking DVCA website and My Cricket.

Toddy is usually a big defender of administrators, however the DVCA fixturing is ridiculous.

It seems to be left to the last week or two to release. Other associations seem to release theirs much earlier. I don't know why it takes so long. Especially the Shield Grades. These should have been finished months ago.

I've seen nothing around. I've been checking DVCA website and My Cricket.

Toddy is usually a big defender of administrators, however the DVCA fixturing is ridiculous.

It seems to be left to the last week or two to release. Other associations seem to release theirs much earlier. I don't know why it takes so long. Especially the Shield Grades. These should have been finished months ago.
Shield Grade fixtures can no longer be done on a stand-alone basis, or in a vacuum, as they could under the Shield/Shield Reserve system.

Each Shield Grade fixture has to be done in conjunction with the fixture for each grade where a Shield Grade's 2nds play.

The fixture for each of those grades has to be done in conjunction with the fixtures for all other grades in which any team shares a ground with a team in that abovementioned grade; and so on.

My guess would be that, with the wide separation of some clubs' teams gradewise, it's highly probable that the fixture can now only be done if it's done for all grades at the same time.

I don't, however, know the reason for the delay, assuming that all team entries and ground allocations have been finalised.

its park cricket who gives
Clearly you have never been involved in any off-field stuff for a club where it takes some planning based on a fixture of games. I'd have cause to suggest you are one of the many 'cash grabbers' in the comp who have an over inflated opinion of their cricket ability. Is that a fair assumption Mr Import man?

Clearly you have never been involved in any off-field stuff for a club where it takes some planning based on a fixture of games. I'd have cause to suggest you are one of the many 'cash grabbers' in the comp who have an over inflated opinion of their cricket ability. Is that a fair assumption Mr Import man?

How did you know?

All I know is that RECCC is playing LPCC at Research Park for inaugural game at the new Pavilion.

Personally haven’t been inside yet but they tell me it’s state of the art audio visual equipment with 6 TV screens, ability to have live feed of ground action with video replay, top line commercial kitchen facilities and of course beer on tap.

Can’t wait!!

Last edited:
All I know is that RECCC is playing LPCC at Research Park for inaugural game at the new Pavilion.

Personally haven’t been inside yet but they tell me it’s state of the art audio visual equipment with 6 TV screens, ability to have live feed of ground action with video replay, top line commercial kitchen facilities and of course beer on tap.

Can’t wait!!
With all that, no wonder they're playing "at the new Pavilion" rather than at the Park.

I read that CA are trying to develop a helmet for fast bowlers to wear. Honestly, this is getting out of control, I mean if they are that concerned about safety why not go all the way and have everyone use one of those rubber safety balls the kids in Blasters have. Or we could just field in bubble wrap.

As for all of us, the most dangerous part of our Saturday's remains navigating Plenty Road.

Back