VTCA Season 2019/20

Any word on the senior division protest? Surely it’s been decided a week and a bit later? It is pretty straight forward it has to be taken off YCC.

The protest was upheld & game awarded to St Albans. Yarraville Club now appealing that decision.

In the away game v Druids the umpires permitted a sub for Lawford who was overseas at the time and expected Druids to provide it, and now this!! This is not what I would have expected of the clubbers. I would be interested to know if the watering of the pitch was intentional or an innocent mistake.

In the away game v Druids the umpires permitted a sub for Lawford who was overseas at the time and expected Druids to provide it, and now this!! This is not what I would have expected of the clubbers. I would be interested to know if the watering of the pitch was intentional or an innocent mistake.

From my understanding it was pretty clear the watering and repair of the footholes was intentional and designed to limit the impact of St Albans spin bowlers. YCCC been trying to play it off as an honest mistake by the curator, but surely the curator who has 30 years experience doing wickets knows what he was doing.

From my understanding it was pretty clear the watering and repair of the footholes was intentional and designed to limit the impact of St Albans spin bowlers. YCCC been trying to play it off as an honest mistake by the curator, but surely the curator who has 30 years experience doing wickets knows what he was doing.
I know the curator very well but have refrained from contacting him, but may do so on hearing the outcome of the appeal. Given I also have 30 years experience in pitch curating I seriously doubt the clubbers curator was responsible for the "repairs" to the pitch.

I have today been sent to my phone (by a colleague of the clubbers curator) photos of the repairs done to the pitch by, to my distress, the clubbers curator. I do feel sorry for him. The photos reveal well-meant repairs and were done without reference to the club. I have also today been advised only the club's president attended the special VTCA meeting to detail matters relating to the conduct of GF matches not having advised the coach and captain their attendance was also required. I am advised the president did not inform the curator of the absolute prohibition of watering the pitch during consecutive day matches--I am assuming this was made clear by the VTCA at the meeting.
Based on my 30 years of experience I can tell you (because, I think, we curators are out of sight and out of mind of a club's admin,) we are often not informed of matters vitally important to the conduct of our duties as was obviously the case in this instance.

I have today been sent to my phone (by a colleague of the clubbers curator) photos of the repairs done to the pitch by, to my distress, the clubbers curator. I do feel sorry for him. The photos reveal well-meant repairs and were done without reference to the club. I have also today been advised only the club's president attended the special VTCA meeting to detail matters relating to the conduct of GF matches not having advised the coach and captain their attendance was also required. I am advised the president did not inform the curator of the absolute prohibition of watering the pitch during consecutive day matches--I am assuming this was made clear by the VTCA at the meeting.
Based on my 30 years of experience I can tell you (because, I think, we curators are out of sight and out of mind of a club's admin,) we are often not informed of matters vitally important to the conduct of our duties as was obviously the case in this instance.

Pretty clear in the rules and regulations. Similar wording for subbies and premier.

E145 Pitches – Care of E145.1 In Grand Final matches, the pitch shall not be watered at any time between 10:00am Saturday and the actual finishing time on Sunday on any weekend in which play has been scheduled. E145.2 Note that it may be rolled, swept and/or mown, in accordance with the Laws of Cricket.

Pretty clear in the rules and regulations. Similar wording for subbies and premier.

E145 Pitches – Care of E145.1 In Grand Final matches, the pitch shall not be watered at any time between 10:00am Saturday and the actual finishing time on Sunday on any weekend in which play has been scheduled. E145.2 Note that it may be rolled, swept and/or mown, in accordance with the Laws of Cricket.
Yep, I am at a loss to know how such an experienced curator was not aware of the VTCA bylaw in respect to the above.

Yep, I am at a loss to know how such an experienced curator was not aware of the VTCA bylaw in respect to the above.
Is the curator you refer to named Spiro , if so he is the furthest thing from a cheat. Anyhow rules have been broken , lets see what her highness does with her very limited knowledge of cricket.

I know Spiro well and can advise he ceased curating for the clubbers 10 or more years ago. The clubbers present curator is also definitely not a cheat. He simply made a mistake. I imagine the appeal will be conducted by CV.

If things turn out all right then St Albans should be able to unfurl there premiership flag on Saturday 2nd October 2021 for the start of the 2021/22 season in the new and hopefully improved new competition in replace of the VTCA .
As this will when all local cricket will resume as the 2020/21 is done and dusted without a ball being bowled because of the corona virus.
I just hope all clubs can survive into the future and can come back.

i
I know Spiro well and can advise he ceased curating for the clubbers 10 or more years ago. The clubbers present curator is also definitely not a cheat. He simply made a mistake. I imagine the appeal will be conducted by CV.
If I was CV I wouldn't have anything to do with the VTCA

i

If I was CV I wouldn't have anything to do with the VTCA
For the observance of natural justice, the appeal should be conducted by a body independent of the VTCA.
If things turn out all right then St Albans should be able to unfurl there premiership flag on Saturday 2nd October 2021 for the start of the 2021/22 season in the new and hopefully improved new competition in replace of the VTCA .
As this will when all local cricket will resume as the 2020/21 is done and dusted without a ball being bowled because of the corona virus.
I just hope all clubs can survive into the future and can come back.

Given the virulence of the virus, that a vaccine will not be available to the public at large by next October, and screening for all is also by then unlikely, your prediction may not be unduly pessimistic.

Back