DVCA Off-Season 202021

Did you hear today though, the numbers being tested are dropping and if that happens then they are looking at extending the lock down.....but you are turned away from testing unless you have symptoms. More cases means an extension to restrictions. They are setting it up to get extended restrictions no matter what happnes.
Youve been the most negative human in the world over this covid period, plenty can happen over 3/4 months. They'll do everything to get cricket up. Get out and try and enjoy what we have and stop being so negative with life

Youve been the most negative human in the world over this covid period, plenty can happen over 3/4 months. They'll do everything to get cricket up. Get out and try and enjoy what we have and stop being so negative with life

Ok, I'm positive we won't be playing cricket this year. Better?

My money is still on a quick 10 week one day season next year, especially with the roadmap to nowhere announcement.
Contradicting yourself here, roadmap to no where would mean we stay where we are now but if it's a roadmap to somewhere it would mean we would get some cricket in which you think we will get ? Zing off bloke

Matthew Mitchell on board with Rosanna, bit of First XI for Melb uni few years back, last played for a team in Gippsland last year goes OK with the stick it seems. Joel Thompson the recruit of the off season so far

Contradicting yourself here, roadmap to no where would mean we stay where we are now but if it's a roadmap to somewhere it would mean we would get some cricket in which you think we will get ? Zing off bloke

It is a roadmap to nowhere, the triggers for lockdown laws to end and too keep it on topic, non contact outdoor sports to resume are so ridiculously low I don't think they are achievable and I think they're going to change. It's already been hinted at and now there are serious calls to end the curfew because of not being based on any medical grounds.

I think we will get something in next year, half a season or a couple of months maybe. Government already asking for 1 year extension to the state of emergency, they won't get that but they will probably get an extra 3 months until mid December.
You’ve misunderstood what a state of emergency is. WA is currently in a state of emergency and they are nearly back to normal.

I think we will get something in next year, half a season or a couple of months maybe. Government already asking for 1 year extension to the state of emergency, they won't get that but they will probably get an extra 3 months until mid December.
Sit down mate, you must be flustered. "Positive we won't be playing cricket this year " to now I thi k we will get half a season in.

Just proves the virus can only be judged day by day.

Sit down mate, you must be flustered. "Positive we won't be playing cricket this year " to now I thi k we will get half a season in.

Yeh...the back half of the season will (maybe) happen next year, you know, January - March 2021. Do try to keep up.

You’ve misunderstood what a state of emergency is. WA is currently in a state of emergency and they are nearly back to normal.

Extending the 'State of Emergency' allows the government to pretty much do whatever they like without being accountable to the Parliament. Without the SoE in place, past September 13th they will need to get legislation passed by upper and lower house to put us in a lock down again (very difficult considering their numbers in the house). Extending this state allows government to bypass Parliament and just impose whatever they like again at the drop of a hat. Hence I think if they do manage to extend it, they will at very least impose enough restrictions on movements to make suburban sport not playable.

"In light of the current COVID-19 situation the earliest anticipated Senior training start is October 26, this is based on the current recommendations from Cricket Victoria. A 3 week minimum period of training is required before matches can commence. Provided councils and other considerations are supportive November 14 is the proposed start date for cricket.

There are a number of issues still to be clarified by the government, which include
  • When training can commence and training group sizes
  • Sharing of equipment
  • How the limit of 10 people outdoors will impact cricket match numbers
The recommendation from Cricket Victoria is for only one day cricket to be played. This is for the following reasons
  • Avoids added complexity of potentially shutting down a match or entire round mid-match
  • Allows more matches to be finished should a third wave hit
  • Allows flexibility with fixturing if matches need to be cancelled and rescheduled
Fixturing options have been considered by the Executive and will be outlined at the AGM. Clubs will be asked to provide feedback on these options following the AGM"

Positive news coming from the DVCA.

Meeting tomorrow night I believe with the presidents..

Yeh...the back half of the season will (maybe) happen next year, you know, January - March 2021. Do try to keep up.

Extending the 'State of Emergency' allows the government to pretty much do whatever they like without being accountable to the Parliament. Without the SoE in place, past September 13th they will need to get legislation passed by upper and lower house to put us in a lock down again (very difficult considering their numbers in the house). Extending this state allows government to bypass Parliament and just impose whatever they like again at the drop of a hat. Hence I think if they do manage to extend it, they will at very least impose enough restrictions on movements to make suburban sport not playable.

State of Emergency has nothing to do with lockdown. It is about enforcing quarantine periods, mask wearing, Covid safe plans for work places. Etc. We could have no SOE and still be in stage 4.

a lot of you guys are really underestimating the amount of money that flows through rosebank, both clean and dirty
You really need to get a life coz if it's consumed by a Local Park Cricket Club you've got real issues. You should put all your effort into getting your own club up and going instead of hiding behind a keyboard and constantly bagging a club you know nothing about and are clearly jealous and envious of. Move on mate.

State of Emergency has nothing to do with lockdown. It is about enforcing quarantine periods, mask wearing, Covid safe plans for work places. Etc. We could have no SOE and still be in stage 4.

It allows the Premier to make any regulation with regards to public order and safety. Thus curfews, limited gatherings and alike can be restricted without an act of Parliament.

You really need to get a life coz if it's consumed by a Local Park Cricket Club you've got real issues. You should put all your effort into getting your own club up and going instead of hiding behind a keyboard and constantly bagging a club you know nothing about and are clearly jealous and envious of. Move on mate.

why would I be jealous of hanging round a bunch of mercenaries at a club with no social life. . be bloody embarrassed to be at a club will have beers by themselves in their rooms without the oppo too. funny how they were a park hack side til a certain family wit er interesting connections got involved all those years ago ans spotted a chance to wash some dosh, without the scrutiny footy clubs face

and yes, most clubs have 3 or 4 'mercenaries' now, but rosebank have been all mercenaries apart from the old mafia firm hanging on since forever, picking off the best of the rest of the nmca bar rivergum and camera for years. but they don't pay at all right?

why would I be jealous of hanging round a bunch of mercenaries at a club with no social life. . be bloody embarrassed to be at a club will have beers by themselves in their rooms without the oppo too. funny how they were a park hack side til a certain family wit er interesting connections got involved all those years ago ans spotted a chance to wash some dosh, without the scrutiny footy clubs face
Like I said you need a life. Anyway here's a link to help you

and yes, most clubs have 3 or 4 'mercenaries' now, but rosebank have been all mercenaries apart from the old mafia firm hanging on since forever, picking off the best of the rest of the nmca bar rivergum and camera for years. but they don't pay at all right?

Here is another and I really hope you get the help needed. All the best to you.

Diamond creek
Lalor
Rosebank but not easily.

a shortened season of one day games would be a very even playing field. Everyone playing each other once means every game is important. It could be the most entertaining year for a long time.

Favourites would have to be
Epping
Lalor
Rosebank/laurimar?

Rumour has it all games will be 12.30 start times which is good.
Why not make them all 50 over one day games. Games could start at 12.

And if you do have all one day games, bonus point situation could make it more interesting.

don’t think there would be too many strong favourites.
You would probably just go the teams that played in grand finals from last year.

Like I said you need a life. Anyway here's a link to help you

trivializing suicide, good on you. would make much more sense for me to obsess over rivergum, a club winning flags without mafia cash, than a club coming second with mafia cash.

Why not make them all 50 over one day games. Games could start at 12.

And if you do have all one day games, bonus point situation could make it more interesting.

don’t think there would be too many strong favourites.
You would probably just go the teams that played in grand finals from last year.

Ild be keen on 50/50 bonus point might be a thing for the top flight would be to hard for b grade and below, just did my favorites off who are probably the better 20/20 sides.

Ild be keen on 50/50 bonus point might be a thing for the top flight would be to hard for b grade and below, just did my favorites off who are probably the better 20/20 sides.
It will be interesting to see if indeed the comp has to modify game formats etc, if they do offer promotion / relegation .. can see why they would continue to do it, show goes on.. but geez you would be unlucky to be relegated this year at the same time.

trivializing suicide, good on you. would make much more sense for me to obsess over rivergum, a club winning flags without mafia cash, than a club coming second with mafia cash.
Please put the bottle down and use the links coz you really need some help. I sincerely hope you get help soon before its too late.
Its OK to not be OK.
All the best to you brother and help is only a click away.
Good luck and God Bless

Diamond creek
Lalor
Rosebank but not easily.

a shortened season of one day games would be a very even playing field. Everyone playing each other once means every game is important. It could be the most entertaining year for a long time.

a lot of you guys are really underestimating the amount of money that flows through rosebank, both clean and dirty

"In light of the current COVID-19 situation the earliest anticipated Senior training start is October 26, this is based on the current recommendations from Cricket Victoria. A 3 week minimum period of training is required before matches can commence. Provided councils and other considerations are supportive November 14 is the proposed start date for cricket.

There are a number of issues still to be clarified by the government, which include
  • When training can commence and training group sizes
  • Sharing of equipment
  • How the limit of 10 people outdoors will impact cricket match numbers
The recommendation from Cricket Victoria is for only one day cricket to be played. This is for the following reasons
  • Avoids added complexity of potentially shutting down a match or entire round mid-match
  • Allows more matches to be finished should a third wave hit
  • Allows flexibility with fixturing if matches need to be cancelled and rescheduled
Fixturing options have been considered by the Executive and will be outlined at the AGM. Clubs will be asked to provide feedback on these options following the AGM"

Positive news coming from the DVCA.

Meeting tomorrow night I believe with the presidents..

I tried going through the "roadmap" but if I'm reading things correctly, we won't be able to actually play cricket because of the restriction on the number of people that can gather outdoors until late November when (if criteria are met), allows groups of up to 50. Frankly I think clubs might as well not bother with training until restrictions are off because you can be police will be patrolling clubs just waiting for the opportunity to issue fines and with the rules being confusing at times, I think it will be easy to make an error.

What a mess.

I don’t understand this fascination with Rosebank CC.. they are a successful club their NMCA record. Good luck to them in DVCA.

let’s be honest here, if they pay their players so what.
Let’s move on. Good to see some positive signs from the DVCA Board with start dates etc.

Will be interesting to see how it all works

I tried going through the "roadmap" but if I'm reading things correctly, we won't be able to actually play cricket because of the restriction on the number of people that can gather outdoors until late November when (if criteria are met), allows groups of up to 50. Frankly I think clubs might as well not bother with training until restrictions are off because you can be police will be patrolling clubs just waiting for the opportunity to issue fines and with the rules being confusing at times, I think it will be easy to make an error.

What a mess.
Don’t stress your head Blackhawk. Eating a big ar$e bucket of chicken in the car park isn’t classed as cricket training. You’ll be sweet

I don’t understand this fascination with Rosebank CC.. they are a successful club their NMCA record. Good luck to them in DVCA.

let’s be honest here, if they pay their players so what.
Let’s move on. Good to see some positive signs from the DVCA Board with start dates etc.

Will be interesting to see how it all works

exactly, for e.g they dont hang around for drinks after games, tbh most clubs i played against in dvca dont either.

Back