Oz/Kiwi Sport

Unfortunately Craig we don't play again for ages - next time we play is against your blokes in 5 20/20's here in NZ... the first one is on the 22nd Feb.

Do you play any more games in Aussie after the 4th test ?

G'day Pete. See you in Feb for those T20s. You going to see the Wellington one? Will your Black Caps or our Baggy Greens be certainties at Lords for the Test Championship finals in June in Covid ravaged Pommieland..

Nothing more at home for us. We travel to Covid ravaged South Africa in Feb for three Tests..provided it aint cancelled. This bloody new strain originated there.. it is more contagious and more deadly too going on recent figures. Not sure our blokes will take the risk.

Last edited:
Probably not going to the Feb 20/20 in Wgtn Craig - likely to be going up North to see my brother who I haven't seen for a few years.
Yeah, with the really bad Covid situation in England hard to see the finals played there, might have to move the finals to another country.

Sounds really risky for your blokes to travel to S.A. mate... heard on tv that the new strain might be 70% worse than the old one, that's very scary stuff.

the new strain might be 70% worse than the old one, that's very scary stuff.:eek:

Pete I can believe that claim. Only have to take a look at its alarming death rates. UK something like 3400 in last 48 hours, Germany 2500 in same period. Mexico up to 1500 a day. These are all massive record death rates. America remains between 3-4K deaths per day while Brazil is back to almost 1.5k. Thankfully there has been some infection falls since vaccination I am seeing.

They are absolutely terrifying stats Craig... there's still a lot of work to do to create a vaccine that works really well.

download (8).jpg
20/20 BLACK CLASH :
Fri 22nd Jan {Hagley Oval, Christchurch}
6.30pm {NZ time}

Team Rugby : Israel Dagg, Ofisa Tonu'u, Jason Spice, Richie McCaw, Marc Ellis, Kaylum Boshier, Brad Weber, Jordie Barrett, Jock McKenzie, Will Jordan, Andy Ellis, Mat Sinclair. Manager : Scott Robertson, Coach: Sir Graham Henry.

Team Cricket : Stephen Fleming (player-coach), Daniel Vettori, Grant Elliott, Peter Fulton, Jacob Oram, Kyle Mills, Craig McMillan, Nathan McCullum, Jordan Watson aka ‘How to Dad’, Scott Styris, Adam Parore, Hamish Marshall.

Fox took a live feed of the match Pete. Was looking for some cricket to watch over dinner and stumbled on this.

Some blasts from the past indeed. Steven Fleming, Craig McMillan and my fave Kiwi cricketer Dan Vettori. Scott Styris looks old and is carrying some kilos. Took a while to recognize Jacob Oran. Then there is the accentric Billy Bowden with his over the top ump signals. His most bizarre was his stoccato signaling of a six. Being a big All black fan you musta gottten a thrill seeing the old faces again. A few of the rugger boys looked ok with willow in hand too., specially the bloke you mentioned.. Will Jordan.

Glad you got to see the match live Craig :thumbsu:

Yeah, was really good to see those past players involved mate, in cricket & Rugby - it looked like a few them have had too much KFC since they retired, particularly McMillan & Styris... Jordan looked very good with the bat, had all the shots, Boshier & Barrett batted well too.
Vettori showed that he is still a class bowler, him & Oran look a bit like cavemen with their beards though.

Thought it was a really good idea that the batting side could select one ' Double Over ' where a single is worth 2, a four worth 8 and a six worth 12 etc & they could choose what over in the innings they wanted to use that ' Double Over.

Billy Bowden is an absolute clown with all those stupid movements & gestures he does, was hilarious when the commentators were taking the piss out of him basically saying, look, there goes Billy doing the macarena dance again 🤣

Craig, reckon in Aussie it would be a great idea if you had a 20/20 Cricket v Rugby/Rugby League match too - it's a great watch for the family & the gate money goes to charity... most of the rugby players have played cricket at school etc & most blokes have played backyard cricket so it's not really a surprise that Team Rugby have performed so well against the cricketers, same can be said about your rugby & rugby league players.

Last edited:
So this is an annual event Pete. I only saw one half. Fox may replay it tho. There has never been a R/league v cricket match such as this but CA has put on some odd charity matches over the years. Will see it I can find a clip of some for you. Is good to tweak T20 to create greater interest. Pity authorities dont do same with the borefest 50 over game.
Well at least Billy brought a uniqueness to our game tho he never seemed to upset the staid old ICC or MCC with his strange antics and ump interpretations.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's going to be an annual thing Craig, this is the 3rd match that has been played, so far Team Cricket are leading 2-1... would like to see some of your past charity matches mate 👍
Be great to add a Double Over or two to the 50 over game to create more interest in it, as you say that format is really boring.
True, Billy adds something a bit different, but I just find him really annoying.

Gotta admit I too found him annoying Pete. Probably as we both come from the old school of cricket.. we are purists and Billy kinda snubbed his nose at tradition. OK in the pyjama game as anything goes in that format. Will scout online for those Aussie charity matches. I can post a clip of an Aussie A v Baggy Greens white ball match. These were popular for a time back in the 90s. The BGs did not like them as on occasions they lost to the rookies and it pi**ed em off.

Those charity games sound great Craig, especially when the rookies won 😄

Mate highlights of the 20/20 Black Clash... also not sure whether you've seen this Dads Army cricket match episode, special guest was Fred Trueman, classic, very funny.

Those charity games sound great Craig, especially when the rookies won 😄

Mate highlights of the 20/20 Black Clash... also not sure whether you've seen this Dads Army cricket match episode, special guest was Fred Trueman, classic, very funny.

Thanks Pete will take a squizz at both.

You may enjoy this too Pete. Some Aussie greats back on the park again. A bonus.. the whole match.

Last edited:
Great stuff Craig - the Bush Fire Appeal matches looked a lot of fun... excellent to watch some of the greats of the game like Warne, McGrath, Ponting, Tendulkar, Akram etc.
Thought Richie Benaud was the best cricket commentator I've ever heard.

When I get a bit of time will look forward to watching the whole Australia v All Stars match mate :thumbsu:

Back