Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

5 most difficult clubs to deal with and or unenjoyable to play against in the CSB?

a tough list to contain to 5 but try your hardest...

Heard a rumour that Springvale and Keysbourough CC might be going to CSB for season 2021/22.
I know Springvale is from the old VTCA and has played against a lot of these VTCA clubs in the past so if they join it could be interesting.
But Keysbourough is a traditional DDCA and were they currently placed with Springvale can see them both start in Division 3 if both club join the CSB.

Interesting. If they went in Div 2 it would make that an all First XI comp, although with Port heading for Subbies, there would still be room for South Caulfield 2nds.

Why wouldn't CSB include Div 2 into catchup round being played, surely with 6 of the 8 sides in the division being 1st XI, it makes sense them playing.
Good to see CSB being the consultative comp it set out to be !!!

Why wouldn't CSB include Div 2 into catchup round being played, surely with 6 of the 8 sides in the division being 1st XI, it makes sense them playing.
Good to see CSB being the consultative comp it set out to be !!!
Good question. I wondered that myself. I have no idea whether there was any consultation with the clubs, or whether it was simply a decision made by CSB.

To my knowledge No Clubs were consulted as usual
Well maybe the CSB should be known as it’s true name -VTCA South as certain clubs are looked after and the rest from Division 2 down fall in line you can see why Port Melbourne CC are looking forward to go back to Subbies.
Don’t go back to the good ol days otherwise it will be a free for all and open slather where the Rich survive and the poor disappear .
Maybe a change at the top mate required and a person with no club board involvement to run the competition and with cricket at heart.

How is everyone's pitches looking for tomorrow, could be a few under prepared tomorrow due to the weeks events, what are everyone's thoughts if CSB had said this round was played on Sunday instead of Saturday to give clubs and extra day to prepare wickets.

How is everyone's pitches looking for tomorrow, could be a few under prepared tomorrow due to the weeks events, what are everyone's thoughts if CSB had said this round was played on Sunday instead of Saturday to give clubs and extra day to prepare wickets.
Pitches would have been ready for the last weekend and shouldn't have taken more than 3 days to get ready, especially with the dry weather.

Heard a rumour Murrumbeena might be taking on doing the wickets next year meaning council curator is out of a job.
They feel they can do a better job and have spoken to the guy who looks after Koornang Park wickets.
I feel sorry for the curator at Murrumbeena who’s there atm if this the case you hate to see anyone possibility out of a job if this the case just hope it is a rumour.

A sad day in cricket last Saturday with a ground invasion a player mallee between Dingley and Aspendale and an umpire assaulted the only way out of this is to suspend Dingley from the finals and start Aspendale in minus points for the start of next season and give Mordialloc the week off and let them play Mentone in the Grand Final .
In these times you can’t let this type of behaviour go on and for the betterment of cricket something has to be done otherwise the CSB will become a laughing stock and you will find trouble getting umpires in future years.

A sad day in cricket last Saturday with a ground invasion a player mallee between Dingley and Aspendale and an umpire assaulted the only way out of this is to suspend Dingley from the finals and start Aspendale in minus points for the start of next season and give Mordialloc the week off and let them play Mentone in the Grand Final .
In these times you can’t let this type of behaviour go on and for the betterment of cricket something has to be done otherwise the CSB will become a laughing stock and you will find trouble getting umpires in future years.

Why don't we wait for the investigation be run and done first?

I see no reason why we shouldn’t speculate,the footage is there for all to see.What amazes me is that there was only one umpire allocated to a division one final,inviting teenagers to officiate at square leg is courting disaster especially after the comp was warned that trouble was highly likely,incompetence from the administrators

I imagine the reason there was just one umpire from Div 1 down was so that all the semi finals were played with an umpire. I guess that just shows the shortage of umpires in the CSB.

I imagine the reason there was just one umpire from Div 1 down was so that all the semi finals were played with an umpire. I guess that just shows the shortage of umpires in the CSB.
Some of the talent has been snapped up by Premier . This doesn't help recruiting umps and then you look at the bagging of BB umps and no one would want to do it .

Why don't we wait for the investigation be run and done first?
Well looks like the investigation is still going jeez if Mordialloc gets beat tomorrow I dare say they would have the right to complain but with over 20mm of rain coming might not get a start plus playing at home helps.
If what happened last Saturday happens again maybe the CSB should appoint a true investigator in Chief Wigum maybe he would have better luck in solving the situation.
This incident is a true black eye for the CSB or should I call it the championship league as we all know what clubs run the comp don’t we .
At least Port Melbourne don’t have to worry about from now on as they join the Subbies Train.

Back