DVCA Off-Season 2022

How's the talent pool at some clubs covid related ?
Playing a half a season of footy in 2021 then a full season in 2022 has left players wanting a break.
Many players during the cOVID effected seasons found other things to do.
Covid lead to a baby boom. Fathers having less time for cricket.

Covid lead to a building boom and alltradies want to maintain their incomes,so cricket falls away.

Just saying

Playing a half a season of footy in 2021 then a full season in 2022 has left players wanting a break.
Many players during the cOVID effected seasons found other things to do.
Covid lead to a baby boom. Fathers having less time for cricket.

Covid lead to a building boom and alltradies want to maintain their incomes,so cricket falls away.

Just saying
Actually laughed at this reply. Connor Lennox rejoices for the building boom down at the cave.

Wow, some really really poor teams named over the weekend from Barclay to mash.
Interested to hear which teams you think were poorly named.
I ventured down to greensborough college and thought the standard was pretty good. Macleod seemed to have picked up a rather quickish bowler to help out Wise.

Interested to hear which teams you think were poorly named.
I ventured down to greensborough college and thought the standard was pretty good. Macleod seemed to have picked up a rather quickish bowler to help out Wise.
Funnily enough I thought Epping banyule and lalor but Epping got the W so good on them, it only takes one player to win you a game in a on dayer

Every single nmca was played on the weekend with no hesitation. Good thing our comp couldn't be bothered even attempting to get games away for b-e on a sunny 20 degree day. Can't wait to report to grounds this weekend though and play through some rain

Every single nmca was played on the weekend with no hesitation. Good thing our comp couldn't be bothered even attempting to get games away for b-e on a sunny 20 degree day. Can't wait to report to grounds this weekend though and play through some rain
Logical decision in my opinion would be to only have shield grades again. Majority of grounds that were unplayable last week will be unplayable come Friday

I prefer the game without having to bring arvo tea. If you want something to eat, just bring your own food. The same goes for drinks, was more than handy just wandering off for 10 at a drinks break, gives a chance to sit down for 5 and apply some more sunscreen. I do agree though we shouldn't be too worried now about covid, everyone has had more than their opportunity to get vaccinated. Lets get on with things.

As for grounds, I can't see lower grades playing again this week. I know if they didn't mow Loyola before the rain today, it won't be playable again on Saturday. More rain coming it looks like too.

Will be lucky to get games in next week as well. 70mm forecast to drop between Wednesday and Friday. Grounds need a good week to dry out but don't look like getting it this month.

Hopefully this is the catalyst to change the season dates.

Should be maximum play everyone once in a season. Start the season either mid or late October.

9 rounds, all two day games, play a sunday if you have to and get on with it

Back