20/20 Comp

brutal

Research v Diamo last night was an entertaining affair! Diamo batting first and posting 139 then having Research ECCC on the ropes at about 5/60 before Joel Whyte and Scott Wheeler both posted 41 each to get the Search across the line with 5 balls to spare. Great night for it, excellent crowd, unfortunately work today!

Bulls 1/53 (8.3 overs) def Donath 10/51 (12.2 overs).
Bundoora bowlers dominated a disappointing Donath. Janan Daniel 3/8, Dinesh 3/9, Dean 2/15.

** WTF ?????

Has anyone noticed the draw for the SF & GF of the 20/20 ?
Scheduled for Sunday Feb 19. Same day as Barclay Shield play their Sunday round. Surely this has to be changed ?????

Bundoora hosted Donath last nite. Donath all out for 50 odd, we passed em 2 down.

We also played and beat Viewbank a couple of weeks back. Dont think either team are much chop in there respective comps.

Sounds like a good game between creek and research.

Bundoora hosted Donath last nite. Donath all out for 50 odd, we passed em 2 down.

We also played and beat Viewbank a couple of weeks back. Dont think either team are much chop in there respective comps.

Donath play division 2 NMCA and are last in most grades.

Viewbank play Div 1 HDCA - sit middle table

Mernda easily beat Panton Hill last night.

MCC 3 for 156 def PHCC 85.

Bakes 44 (ret hurt - hamstring)
J Dean 20+ & 2 wickets
C Dean 20+
J Stewart 30+ & 2 wickets, 1 RO
J Mercuri 2 wickets

Not much of an achievement beating those two!!!! Just players in Money Shield are starring for Donath after walking from the Snowy River....
A bit more of a surprise was the loss by last years Winners Rivergum to Bundoora United....unbeaten this year the boys from Loyola.

Plenty 5/153 ish (cc) vs Riverside 3/154 ish off 19 overs

If the round of 16 goes 1v16, 2v15 and so on we should be looking at:

Bundoora vs Preston Footballers
Mernda vs Lower Plenty
Old Paradians/St Francis vs Plenty
Research vs Rivergum
Macleod vs Lower Plenty
Epping vs Holy Trinity
Riverside vs Camrea
Rosanna vs Bund Utd

My math isn't great, this could all be wrong.

Anyone know the correct fixture?

Plenty 5/153 ish (cc) vs Riverside 3/154 ish off 19 overs

If the round of 16 goes 1v16, 2v15 and so on we should be looking at:

Bundoora vs Preston Footballers
Mernda vs Lower Plenty
Old Paradians/St Francis vs Plenty
Research vs Rivergum
Macleod vs Lower Plenty
Epping vs Holy Trinity
Riverside vs Camrea
Rosanna vs Bund Utd

My math isn't great, this could all be wrong.

Anyone know the correct fixture?
And 12 out of the top 16 are DVCA clubs, if my maths is correct, another advertisment for the best comp out of the 3.

Team Pts %
1 Bundoora 4 6.94
2 Mernda 4 6.81
3 Old Parad/St Franc 4 3.18
4 Research/Elth Coll 4 2.22
5 Macleod 4 1.90
6 Epping 4 1.46
7 Riverside 4 1.23
8 Rosanna 4 1.18
9 Bundoora United 4 1.10
10 Camrea Taipans 4 1.01
11 Holy Trinity 4 0.95
12 Bundoora Park 4 0.89
13 Rivergum 2 1.92
14 Plenty 2 1.63
15 Lower Plenty 2 1.51
16 Preston Footballers 2 1.34

So with 8 of the top 16, current Barclay teams, likelihood of at least a few reaching the semis / GF stage on Feb 19.
Barclay Shield still scheduled to play Sunday 19th Feb ??

Who will change the fixture - DVCA or NCL ????? Surely they cannot leave it stand as is.
What happens if last 4 are DVCA Barclay teams?
Do they pick then a sub standard team to play 20/20 or worse a substandard team in the main comp if their main game result doesnt really effect anything?

Actually 11 diamond valley teams wanderingunity not 12 and if your using t20s as your guide on who is the best competition then how did that go for ya last year? I can recall my club beating Greensborough, Montmorency, St.Francis, Plenty and Diamond Creek on the way to winning the tournament. Not sure that meant we are the best side in Northern Suburbs but i''ll run with it using your theory

Actually 11 diamond valley teams wanderingunity not 12 and if your using t20s as your guide on who is the best competition then how did that go for ya last year? I can recall my club beating Greensborough, Montmorency, St.Francis, Plenty and Diamond Creek on the way to winning the tournament. Not sure that meant we are the best side in Northern Suburbs but i''ll run with it using your theory

Stick with that theory

and stick to your own comps board......oh wait I notice you have recently commented on the following boards:

MMVCA
NMCA
Darwin and District Cricket
DVCA

:D

Bulls 1/53 (8.3 overs) def Donath 10/51 (12.2 overs).
Bundoora bowlers dominated a disappointing Donath. Janan Daniel 3/8, Dinesh 3/9, Dean 2/15.

** WTF ?????

Has anyone noticed the draw for the SF & GF of the 20/20 ?
Scheduled for Sunday Feb 19. Same day as Barclay Shield play their Sunday round. Surely this has to be changed ?????
Guess that all goes well for the rest of the teams. It is not a DVCA comp just based around Barclay.

Does anyone know who plays who in the next round after last night's results?

Bundoora def Pres Footballers
Mernda lost to Lower Plenty
OP/St Francis lost to Plenty
Research def Rivergum
Macleod lost to Bundoora Park
Epping def Holy Trinity
Riverside def Camrea
Rosanna def Bund Utd

Macleod not only lost to Bundoora Park, we were smashed.
On a positive note, bar sales were good and still had a few there around 11 ish last night

Rivergum 6/160 with Jessensek making about half of them, defeated by Research ECCC 7/161 with about 7 balls remaining. After Rivergum took 19 off the first over it looked as though it was going to be a dirty night, but managed to bring it back under control with some tight bowling from A.Dale and G.Turner. RECCC lost Malone for a duck and Turner cheaply, but the unpredictable Toulson with 46 and once again Joel Whyte and Scott Wheeler with 36 and 32 got us across the line for an excellent result.

Guess that all goes well for the rest of the teams. It is not a DVCA comp just based around Barclay.

No but 5 of the last 8 are Barclay. seems likely that maybe a few will get thru to the Sunday.
Not fair on these teams who have paid entry fees in good faith, plus umpires along the way, to be robbed of the chance to field their strongest teams on the day.
Or worst still if say a Plenty or Riverside fell out of BS contention, do they field the stronger team in the 20/20 - that would be wrong...

* heard though that DVCA is trying to re-schedule the sunday fixture... no doubt more news will be revealed at the delegates next wed.

Research def Plenty tonight. Plenty 151 off the 20 overs with Research 4/152 off 14 overs. Great night, good crowd and some entertaining stroke play!

Back