2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

southern sledge;401722 said:
Youlden Parkville have moved to the South and Laverton C.C. have joined the VTCA and have moved into the North.

Should be real interesting to see where they start in north a1 or in north b1

Port Melbourne have picked up three poms in Alex Roberts, Paul Goodchild and James Cole as coach. Cole has had previous stints at Bentleigh and Mckinnon and didn't set the world on fire. Those along with Jim McKay from Keilor should make it interesting with the points as they nearly went over the limit last year.

roosters hack;401802 said:
Maybe...the real proof will be shown on the park. If they start off in A1 then hopefully we will see them 2011/2012. :cool:

they will/would win the flag in b1 by the length of the monash fwy.....

southern sledge;401838 said:
Hear all is not well down at Hoppers, could be a few looking to play back in the top division.

i believe the coach is not to popular.. i hear doutta chasing shaun borlase..

weapons05/06;401837 said:
wouldnt be suprised if they start in b1 and win a cheap granny......they are a good club like that......:eek:

They might start in B1, but win a cheap granny? I hope not, it will will not be all one way traffic thats for certain. By the way Weapons isn't your side in B turf in the Willy comp? No cheap flags there huh?:rolleyes:

weapons05/06;401835 said:
better than teams outside the 4....will compete with the top 4.....

Weapons your significant knowledge of the VTCA would bring you to this conclusion no doubt? Laverton's results have not been mind blowing based on ladder position over the last few years for you to consider them to be top 5 in North A. maybe they should see if they are top 4 in B1 before taking on the VTCA.

Guru14;401866 said:
Weapons your significant knowledge of the VTCA would bring you to this conclusion no doubt? Laverton's results have not been mind blowing based on ladder position over the last few years for you to consider them to be top 5 in North A. maybe they should see if they are top 4 in B1 before taking on the VTCA.

They'd easily be top 4 in Nth B. Nth A is another story, but Taylors Lakes went straight to Nth A and did ok, Laverton aren't as strong as them but i think they'd be alright.

southern sledge;401816 said:
Port Melbourne have picked up three poms in Alex Roberts, Paul Goodchild and James Cole as coach. Cole has had previous stints at Bentleigh and Mckinnon and didn't set the world on fire. Those along with Jim McKay from Keilor should make it interesting with the points as they nearly went over the limit last year.

It's amazing how much you know about PMCC Southern Sledge! Any chance of passing on any facts rather than rumour and innuendo fueled by jealousy stemming from you coming from Middle Park?

PMCC has been turned around in a relatively short time frame by a committed President and committee without resorting to the open chequebook like many in Senior Div. Perhaps some humility on your part wouldn't go astray?

ellabroz;401870 said:
It's amazing how much you know about PMCC Southern Sledge! Any chance of passing on any facts rather than rumour and innuendo fueled by jealousy stemming from you coming from Middle Park?

PMCC has been turned around in a relatively short time frame by a committed President and committee without resorting to the open chequebook like many in Senior Div. Perhaps some humility on your part wouldn't go astray?

Ellabroz, although I am not one usually to stick up for Southern Sledge, I will agree with his comments that Cole did not set the world on fire. I will also agree that they did almost go over the points on more than one occasion, including having to play their President in one match just to come in (and mind you they only came in right on the points threshold).

Lastly, and please do not consider this an attack, I would check my facts first with what Cole is getting (or has been promised to get) before you shoot off on Port not having an open chequebook. I hear he will be doing quite well from his position - and good luck to him!! Not every club can have a president that owns apartments and gyms!!!

CheeQuee;401869 said:
They'd easily be top 4 in Nth B. Nth A is another story, but Taylors Lakes went straight to Nth A and did ok, Laverton aren't as strong as them but i think they'd be alright.

I know nothing about Laverton, but if they arent better than Taylors Lakes they wont be top 4 in North A.... Taylors Lakes were a good bunch of blokes, but even after recruiting a genuine top liner in Jones , were still never in contention for the 4....

Seems harsh on teams battling for spot in NA1 that Laverton could waltz in without really earning it on passed form (relying again on previous posts here)...

I'd be upset if my club had just been relegated, or just missed promotion and these guys came in,,,

OnTheLookout;401875 said:
I know nothing about Laverton, but if they arent better than Taylors Lakes they wont be top 4 in North A.... Taylors Lakes were a good bunch of blokes, but even after recruiting a genuine top liner in Jones , were still never in contention for the 4....

Seems harsh on teams battling for spot in NA1 that Laverton could waltz in without really earning it on passed form (relying again on previous posts here)...

I'd be upset if my club had just been relegated, or just missed promotion and these guys came in,,,

Never said they'd make top 4 of Nth A mate. And i don't think you've paid Taylors Lakes enough credit by saying they were never in contention for a top 4 spot, yes they missed out by a bit in the end but they were sitting just outside for a while before they ran out of puff.
Agree though, it might tick a few Nth B clubs off if Laverton go straight to Nth A. Their strength is the batting, they play on a road and the ground is usually very fast.

Back