Bannockburn
Inverleigh
North Shore
Corio Bay

Premier- Lethbridge
Runner Up- Moddewarre

Most Runs- Shane Dillon
Most Wickets- Hermans

So South Barwon will drop down the ladder despite recruiting the best bowler and batsman in the comp? I think Top 6: East, South, West, Grovedale, Joeys, North. In Div 2, I still can't understand why everyone is tipping Newcomb to soar to top spot despite being a game or two outside the Top 6 last season. Sure they have picked up Matthew Harrison but there is an amazing amount of work to be done there still and he doesn't bowl. They must have recruited a whole swag of other guys that we haven't heard about. My Top 6 there is: City, St Albans, St Peters, Torquay, Marshall, Newcomb. Thomson have lost a heap of players.

In Div 2, I still can't understand why everyone is tipping Newcomb to soar to top spot despite being a game or two outside the Top 6 last season. Sure they have picked up Matthew Harrison but there is an amazing amount of work to be done there still and he doesn't bowl. They must have recruited a whole swag of other guys that we haven't heard about. My Top 6 there is: City, St Albans, St Peters, Torquay, Marshall, Newcomb. Thomson have lost a heap of players.

Thomson will do OK - the relegated GCA1 sides always do. BIG difference in standard which Highton will soon see :) Agree with you though about NDSC needing more than Matt Harrison to get to the top, although he is a more than handy in. Wouldn't put them at the level of City or St Albans at this point though. Other 4 top-6 spots could be filled by any number of teams, depending on who each of them can end up putting on the park in October.

Agree with you though about NDSC needing more than Matt Harrison to get to the top, although he is a more than handy in. Wouldn't put them at the level of City or St Albans at this point though.

NDSC have recruited Marc Dragacevic (St Albans Footballer) will be interesting to see how far he goes as he can really bat.

Div2 Ladder

Geelong City
St Albans
Newcomb
Marshall
Thomson
St Peter's
------------
Torquay
AT
Waurn Ponds
Murgheboluc
Bell Park
Guild

Premier-
Runner Up-

Most Runs- Harrison
Most Wickets- Bogan/Jones

im surprised no one knows who NDCC have picked up...seems every one talks about them???? will have to wait until round 1 to see who they unleash i guess???? meanwhile that why this forum is for predictions not nit picking other peoples ladder positions....i say good luck to all sides this season and there will be shocks im sure :->

im surprised no one knows who NDCC have picked up...seems every one talks about them???? will have to wait until round 1 to see who they unleash i guess???? meanwhile that why this forum is for predictions not nit picking other peoples ladder positions....i say good luck to all sides this season and there will be shocks im sure :->

you sound a tad cocky !!!

EBelmont
West
Joeys
South
BPH
Newtown

Grovey
Lara
North
Leopold
Mano
Highton ( 0 wins)...lol

Most Runs - Cairns
Most wickets - Walerys

How was the first round for everyone?

Div1. East Belmont, Grovedale & St Joeys look to be the early season favs. South Barwon look to be the big loser, very dissapointing result first up and they'll be rocked by the loss and the way it came I'd say, East however will take a lot of confidence out of it. Grovedale look a formidable side again along with StJ and West. Damien Vassiliou is as classy a player I've seen in the GCA big year for him and the Rams.

Div2 Thomson & St Peter's will be scratching their heads all week wondering what went wrong, Thomson look a million miles away from the side they were two years ago, hanging out until Hussain arrives to give them some well needed class. City & St Albans easily accounted for the up and coming premiership contenders in NDCC & AT. City look the favs however, that may change if St Albans can get Murray back from overseas and one more batter IMO. Bell Park or Guild would be the upset of the round, giving it to Guild though after all there outs over winter.

Div1. East Belmont, Grovedale & St Joeys look to be the early season favs. South Barwon look to be the big loser, very dissapointing result first up and they'll be rocked by the loss and the way it came I'd say, East however will take a lot of confidence out of it. Grovedale look a formidable side again along with StJ and West. Damien Vassiliou is as classy a player I've seen in the GCA big year for him and the Rams.

Div2 Thomson & St Peter's will be scratching their heads all week wondering what went wrong, Thomson look a million miles away from the side they were two years ago, hanging out until Hussain arrives to give them some well needed class. City & St Albans easily accounted for the up and coming premiership contenders in NDCC & AT. City look the favs however, that may change if St Albans can get Murray back from overseas and one more batter IMO. Bell Park or Guild would be the upset of the round, giving it to Guild though after all there outs over winter.
What happened at Guild? the full scorecard was not in the addy have they picked up recruits that no one heard about?

div.2 youve got to be kidding easily accounted for NDCC? highest losing score of 207 and would have beaten all other sides...bar City....not a bad 1st round effort i think

West by the length of the Flemington straight. Grovey bolstered by the arrival of the Pommy left-armer they had a few years ago soon could go close. South wont be far away, don't write them off just yet...

Struggle town for the Thommy Tigers as Hussain wont be arriving. They should consider themselves lucky.

Guild win on the weekend wasn't that much of a surprise really, the guys they still have in the 1st XI should be able to compete for the year and stay in Div 2 - Thomson appear to be a shadow of the team that went to Div 1 two years ago . The win isn't bad consideering every post and prediction on here says that they would finish bottom and prob not win a game

Another interesting round of cricket.
Div1
South got their 1st points in a thriller. Peake out for a blob not the ideal return to local cricket, Ironically with all the new recruits it's been the young home grown talent dominating.

Geelong West, what do you say 'Damien Vassiliou' is a freak.

Highton have been competing well, good signs for them. Maybe they might pinch a win or two.

Newtown beating StJoeys is a massive upset and I think they'll go close to playing finals if Neville can continue dominating.

Bambury copped a heap out at the snake pit from the usual Lara faithful, you can't be dissapointed when East get beat.

Div2
City move to outright Premiership Favs with their two easy wins, easily the team to beat this year and may just be that bit more hungry after last years GF loss.

Thomson looked home making 230 odd but Torquay got them easily really, the bowling at Thomson looks very thin. Torquay are genuine premiership condenders.

Newcomb bounced back to hand Murgh a hidding and seem to also be a contender, big game against neighbour St Albans this week. Harrison would be the key in the 2 day format, look for a big hundred from him 1st up.

St Albans bowlers won it for them again, batting is still brittle. Must improve it if they are to contend for back-to-back. Best batter Jason Murray looks to be retired from 1sts playing in the 4ths

Whats going on at Thomson? they have gone from division one to really struggling in division 2 i realise they have lost a lot of players but didnt think it would be this bad. If they continue this way would they be a contender for demotion to division 3?

Back