2012/13 Barclay Shield

why didnt Camrea go out to bat again and try to rectify the %?
strange they didnt have a crack at it, would have been unlikely they got the 0/120 they needed, but they gave up?? paying the amount of money they do, the president should have forced them out there!

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1348607

Opener 2, I am interested on your thoughts on the above game now...

You had the opportunity to go for outright, but chose not to. Maybe if you had of played to get the most possible points out of the game, rather than be heroes drilling a side into the ground because of a petty argument the week before, you might be playing this week?

nothing like digging the boots in tongs, i'd suggest if the captains brother wasnt closing in on a ton, they may have gone for the 10

strange they didnt have a crack at it, would have been unlikely they got the 0/120 they needed, but they gave up?? paying the amount of money they do, the president should have forced them out there!

nothing like digging the boots in tongs, i'd suggest if the captains brother wasnt closing in on a ton, they may have gone for the 10

Very bizarre situation. Riverside batting on for so long for no reason whatsoever (total of 91 overs?), Camrea not having a crack at all to try to bat again? (Maybe they are happy to go down?)

I sit here listening to all things Lower Eltham when they are flying. Only fair that i ask a couple of hard questions when things aren't going their way also. Are you suggesting that the captain of Lower Eltham cost his team finals by looking after his brother?

Very bizarre situation. Riverside batting on for so long for no reason whatsoever (total of 91 overs?), Camrea not having a crack at all to try to bat again? (Maybe they are happy to go down?)

I sit here listening to all things Lower Eltham when they are flying. Only fair that i ask a couple of hard questions when things aren't going their way also. Are you suggesting that the captain of Lower Eltham cost his team finals by looking after his brother?

While i'm not usually one to stick up for the clappers, maybe it was Camrea who wanted to keep playing to take the 10 wickets?

Seriously Tongs you have no idea , have you considered that the extra batting practice enhanced Lower's batting form. Correct me if i am wrong but they have 4 blokes that have made over 300 runs this year , which is a pretty good effort.
They are pretty stiff not making the finals , especially when a team in the highest grade in the DVCA is sitting second on the ladder loses outright in the last round of the year ?

While i'm not usually one to stick up for the clappers, maybe it was Camrea who wanted to keep playing to take the 10 wickets?

Fair point. I didn't think of that. But it does bring up the same question. Why was Epping allowed to bat again in the second dig? Surely they batted after 5 pm? Why can one game do it, and another cannot?

Seriously Tongs you have no idea , have you considered that the extra batting practice enhanced Lower's batting form. Correct me if i am wrong but they have 4 blokes that have made over 300 runs this year , which is a pretty good effort.
They are pretty stiff not making the finals , especially when a team in the highest grade in the DVCA is sitting second on the ladder loses outright in the last round of the year ?

I am sure the extra batting was good for a couple of individuals. But at the sacrifice of the teams achievements? It was well documented at the time that most people thought LECC should have gone for outright. They didn't. And in the end, it may very well have cost them... I will conceed that they were stiff Bundoora got done outright.

Fair point. I didn't think of that. But it does bring up the same question. Why was Epping allowed to bat again in the second dig? Surely they batted after 5 pm? Why can one game do it, and another cannot?

I am assuming that Lower Eltham had a crack at bowling them out rather than Epping Batting for %. There was only 20 overs left in the day so while it was unlikely, they were probably entitled to have a crack...

I am assuming that Lower Eltham had a crack at bowling them out rather than Epping Batting for %. There was only 20 overs left in the day so while it was unlikely, they were probably entitled to have a crack...

Lower Eltham batted first, then Epping batted twice in a row. What is the "follow on" rule in the DVCA? Or did Lower Eltham inadvertently declare their second innings?

Lower Eltham batted first, then Epping batted twice in a row. What is the "follow on" rule in the DVCA? Or did Lower Eltham inadvertently declare their second innings?

The follow on rule is 80 runs so we didnt declare, once the other results were known it was just having a crack with 20 overs to go really.

On your earlier comment, how is giving your best bats time in the middle going against team achievements, if anything it helps the team by playing guys into form. Realistically we dont have the attack that can run through teams quickly so outrights are very much an outside chance.

I'm still a bit unsure why you are so interested in Lower Eltham Tongs??? Its been said before but your club is bareley competitive in Money SHield so chances are you wont be playing against Lower Eltham anytime soon, therefore your time might be better spent elsewhere?? I know there is a good rivalry, etc but you arent really relevant on this board. Thoughts??

The follow on rule is 80 runs so we didnt declare, once the other results were known it was just having a crack with 20 overs to go really.

On your earlier comment, how is giving your best bats time in the middle going against team achievements, if anything it helps the team by playing guys into form. Realistically we dont have the attack that can run through teams quickly so outrights are very much an outside chance.

I'm still a bit unsure why you are so interested in Lower Eltham Tongs??? Its been said before but your club is bareley competitive in Money SHield so chances are you wont be playing against Lower Eltham anytime soon, therefore your time might be better spent elsewhere?? I know there is a good rivalry, etc but you arent really relevant on this board. Thoughts??

Thanks for clearing up the follow on rule. I wasn't sure.

In this case, it shows that it could very well have cost your team, not helped by allowing these batsmen to get runs when the game was well and truly over, when you could have got vital points. Lower Eltham ran through them fairly easy in the 1st dig, after rolling Mernda in 36 overs the round before. So I would suggest you're a little harsh on the Lower Eltham Bowlers. Cal had a really good year with the ball, Burgoyne being his usual self. Then I am sure guys like Frayne could chip in for a couple of cheap wickets in the tail.

Are we still going to go through the whole "Your team isn't in Barclay Shield, so you can't comment?" crap? Come on, you're better than to use that as an argument.

Back