2016/2017 Money Shield

What's going on over at Lower Plenty? They pulled their one day side, pulled their G grade and now one of their F grades is giving walk overs. Didn't they pick up a few players in the off season? Surely they haven't lost 30 blokes less than half way into the season.

What's going on over at Lower Plenty? They pulled their one day side, pulled their G grade and now one of their F grades is giving walk overs. Didn't they pick up a few players in the off season? Surely they haven't lost 30 blokes less than half way into the season.
They put out a message a couple of weeks ago looking for guys to fill in as they identified a shortage of players in the run to Christmas. Possibly the usual schoolies issues plus I think a number of people unavailable due to other circumstances. I don't think it's anything sinister.

I no rocket scientist so can someone tell me how much Glen Turners 45 runs @ 11 has cost Eltham so far?? Also am hearing Amos is not playing because he's at 16* for his action(can anyone confirm or deny??) and can anyone fill me in on how BU made 80 off 71 overs?

Last edited:
I no rocket scientist so can someone tell me how much Glen Turners 45 runs @ 11 has cost Eltham so far?? Also am hearing Amos is not playing because he's at 16* for his action(can anyone confirm or deny??) and can anyone fill me in on how BU made 80 off 71 overs?

Firstly, you're right. Its "I'm no scientist". And you clearly aren't one.
Secondly: Turner has left a club sitting on the bottom to go to an undefeated team, sitting a game clear on top. That's worth a bit.
Thirdly: How do they make 80 off 71 overs? Because that's how many times they scored runs.

Firstly, you're right. Its "I'm no scientist". And you clearly aren't one.
Secondly: Turner has left a club sitting on the bottom to go to an undefeated team, sitting a game clear on top. That's worth a bit.
Thirdly: How do they make 80 off 71 overs? Because that's how many times they scored runs.
Grammatical errors aside Tongs, I think the Warrior was questioning the financial value of someone who has made 45 runs, with alleged monetary deal involved. In GT's defense, I'm pretty sure with the work injury he suffered he has had to change his batting grip which I'd imagine is a bit of a struggle to get used to. I'm pretty sure he'll come good in due course.

Grammatical errors aside Tongs, I think the Warrior was questioning the financial value of someone who has made 45 runs, with alleged monetary deal involved. In GT's defense, I'm pretty sure with the work injury he suffered he has had to change his batting grip which I'd imagine is a bit of a struggle to get used to. I'm pretty sure he'll come good in due course.

He's just tried to troll 3 separate clubs/people in one post. I wasn't taking a shot at Research, merely pointing out its a team sport and regardless of how he's gone with the bat, he's in a side sitting on top of the ladder. And besides, he's taken 9 wickets in 4 games @ 8. So although he wouldn't be happy with his output with the bat, he's holding his own just fine.

Just answer the question put in front of you bunyip #2

How much has 45 runs cost them so far???

I feel like I'm talking to my grade 5 kids at frankston primary!!!

3/58 off 39 overs (Yes you read that correctly) against the team sitting second on the ladder.

I'd suggest that he is earning his keep.
Where have I ever mentioned his bowling? If I recall I asked how much his 45 runs have cost Eltham! I'm not bagging the guys he is a great player more just making a point of how ridiculous Eltham's 16k was for him. Btw how's your coaching going?

Where have I ever mentioned his bowling? If I recall I asked how much his 45 runs have cost Eltham! I'm not bagging the guys he is a great player more just making a point of how ridiculous Eltham's 16k was for him. Btw how's your coaching going?
But when talking about how much he cost Eltham, you can't ignore his contribution with the ball.

Back