2016/2017 Money Shield

I'll back GT to get a 5fa over a big hundred. He's only past the magic mark 4-5 times in 16 seasons and I think with the way his hand is, it's beyond him now. I think Eltham will take a 50 from him.

Pretty poor support for a bloke you call a mate and are wanting to come back to the club.

Assuming you're one of the people that saw it what sort of impact do you think he can have? surely would be easier for him to bat than bowl if its at the point of needing a runner

All smokes and mirrors. He'll bowl his 20+ overs and get through no worries with the hammy.

Assuming you're one of the people that saw it what sort of impact do you think he can have? surely would be easier for him to bat than bowl if its at the point of needing a runner

He is a great player so he could still do well but he will definitely be below his best. The two days in a row will make it tough for him as well.

Pretty poor support for a bloke you call a mate and are wanting to come back to the club.
Sorry mate. Just being a bit more realistic. He's made 150 runs@ about 20 and taken 20 odd wickets@ around 17. If he's fit enough I think he'll be more likely to get a 5 wicket haul and possibly a 50. His career stats back me, not you. I don't see how that makes me poor:thumbsd:. And if you want my opinion on his future, I would expect him to stay at Eltham or retire.

Plenty were blessed to have the very dangerous Lalor capitulate, and now come up against Monty. I can't see Mont having the bowling attack to win a final. And therefore I see Mitch and Gordie getting plenty of runs at home. Too many for Mont to chase down.
Watch For: Sam Noble to somehow make headlines...

Lower Plenty and Eltham have both been there abouts the last few years and I'll tip the winner of this game to win the flag. Lower Plenty in most areas seem to have Eltham covered, and whilst neither side are One Man Bands, I see this game very much Henkel v Turner. I'll take Turner.
Watch for: Turner to get a big hundred.
Realism over romance Tongs. Let's hope for Elthams sake, GT gets the 5fa;)

Realism is that Eltham are playing for a spot in Barclay next year . Realism is that research are now officially in Money shield. Those are the facts. Have fun travelling to Mernda next year Stu.
Mate you are probably quite chuffed with your little dig, but let's stick to the point. GT's value is more so with his bowling at present. Hence the fact that he bowled 31 overs of which 22 were maidens for 3 wickets. I'm sure those at Eltham realise that, even if former players want to predict otherwise. Mernda is a lovely place to play cricket mate. Let's hope your boys don't choke again. Otherwise you'll be needing more than a sports psychologist to recover. Enjoy your week Johnno:thumbsu:

Monty have found a matchwinner in shaman it seems, came up trumps for them in a cruch game last week with 60 odd and 7fa, albeit against a weak batting line up. Pleny have been to the well many times as we know and i think that will count for something this weekend. Johnson coming off 0, look out.

Dont know what form youre looking at but LPs form has been much better after xmas than Elthams, i cant see Lp losing this one unless GTs hammy issues are simply a rumour and he and chrimes get runs, still i think Lowers batting depth will be too much.

Good news is all 4 sides have a genuine claim to win it, bad news as stated above, its at frickin Mernda
Spoke to a dvca umpire today and the game can't be at lower eltham because they have a 6 foot pitch.. but mernda has one to. More Dvca bullshit I think

Mate you are probably quite chuffed with your little dig, but let's stick to the point. GT's value is more so with his bowling at present. Hence the fact that he bowled 31 overs of which 22 were maidens for 3 wickets. I'm sure those at Eltham realise that, even if former players want to predict otherwise. Mernda is a lovely place to play cricket mate. Let's hope your boys don't choke again. Otherwise you'll be needing more than a sports psychologist to recover. Enjoy your week Johnno:thumbsu:
I reckon Eltham have em covered so you won't have to worry about playing against GT next season. As for Mernda, the joints a wind tunnel. They'd be filthy not hosting Barclay this year I'm tipping. Probably thought they would be hosting forever and would cash in.

Spoke to a dvca umpire today and the game can't be at lower eltham because they have a 6 foot pitch.. but mernda has one to. More Dvca bullshit I think
. Yes a DVCA umpire was asked once why an LBW wasn't out and he replied "because it pitched outside off stump". Not a reliable source really.

Monty have found a matchwinner in shaman it seems, came up trumps for them in a cruch game last week with 60 odd and 7fa, albeit against a weak batting line up. Pleny have been to the well many times as we know and i think that will count for something this weekend. Johnson coming off 0, look out.

Dont know what form youre looking at but LPs form has been much better after xmas than Elthams, i cant see Lp losing this one unless GTs hammy issues are simply a rumour and he and chrimes get runs, still i think Lowers batting depth will be too much.

Good news is all 4 sides have a genuine claim to win it, bad news as stated above, its at frickin Mernda
The form I was looking at was the last time the two sides played and the lead up games to the finals.
Yes LP beat Eltham in round 9 but only after Eltham gave them 44.3 overs, not 40, courtesy mainly of legside wides due to the new legside rule for ONE day games. This was to be a two day game with no such restrictions. Also EL last two games against Plenty and Monty were clearly better and tougher opposition than LP's Whittlesea and Mernda both at home. And personally I dont know what form you were looking at when you said "Lowers batting depth will be too much".
Credit to Monty, after getting smashed by Eltham they picked themselves up to beat Heidelberg in a must win then did same to Plenty to get to play in a G/F.
And while on Monty, I recall them being canned, particularly their coach, on here not long back for not being able to bat through their various grades. Well to get 4 of your clubs 5 sides into finals, (the other side finished 5th) with their 1sts in a G/F is a great performance. If there were to be a DVCA Coach of the Year the man from Monty would have to get it considering where they were last year.

This all makes for a cracking G/F but again, at Mernda????.......why didnt the DVCA wait until the finalists were known like was always the case.
It makes no sense at all.

Tipping Eltham wasn't so silly after all. Eltham got the chocolates, and Noble in the headlines! Not bad gets, I would've thought?
No well played, I thought at 1/21 LP would have got home but obviously was enough, well done to Eltham. What happened with Noble?

Is chippa any chance to play this week or do you think the winning side goes in unchanged?

The form I was looking at was the last time the two sides played and the lead up games to the finals.
Yes LP beat Eltham in round 9 but only after Eltham gave them 44.3 overs, not 40, courtesy mainly of legside wides due to the new legside rule for ONE day games. This was to be a two day game with no such restrictions. Also EL last two games against Plenty and Monty were clearly better and tougher opposition than LP's Whittlesea and Mernda both at home. And personally I dont know what form you were looking at when you said "Lowers batting depth will be too much".
Credit to Monty, after getting smashed by Eltham they picked themselves up to beat Heidelberg in a must win then did same to Plenty to get to play in a G/F.
And while on Monty, I recall them being canned, particularly their coach, on here not long back for not being able to bat through their various grades. Well to get 4 of your clubs 5 sides into finals, (the other side finished 5th) with their 1sts in a G/F is a great performance. If there were to be a DVCA Coach of the Year the man from Monty would have to get it considering where they were last year.

This all makes for a cracking G/F but again, at Mernda????.......why didnt the DVCA wait until the finalists were known like was always the case.
It makes no sense at all.

I honestly didn't take an as in-depth look at the form as yourself, i looked at LP making 260 against Mernda and their 8 and 9 batsman getting amongst the runs, obviously a short sighted point of view after the fact.

Agree full credit to Mont, albeit on the back of Shamans individual brilliance again, 152 and 4fa, I think I did mention him no? Cant argue with the facts about the coach, has obviously done a great job across the board, not sure the captain is held in the same high regard down at Para Rd though. Will be interesting to see what happens there, especially if they ascend to BS.

Care to grace me with your tip? Seems neither of us will be there to witness as we can both agree Mernda is not the place to be

No well played, I thought at 1/21 LP would have got home but obviously was enough, well done to Eltham. What happened with Noble?

Is chippa any chance to play this week or do you think the winning side goes in unchanged?

I went to watch and thought LP were sitting nicely at 1/50. Credit to the ELtham boys for continually chipping away with wickets. Great effort defending that.

I am led to believe he has a fairly serious knee injury, that he suffered getting the key run out.

I went to watch and thought LP were sitting nicely at 1/50. Credit to the ELtham boys for continually chipping away with wickets. Great effort defending that.

I am led to believe he has a fairly serious knee injury, that he suffered getting the key run out.

Great result from 1/50, LP will be kicking themselves. Big recruiting the last couple of years and haven't been able to get the job done, to be fair they were only a dropped catch and a few balls away last year..

Are you talking about Chippa or Noble? either way your dodging a question

Back