A Traveling We Will Go

BettyBoo
aka Jessica the pom 🤗

Ritchie said:

A river. I was heading towards the ocean when that shot was taken. About 10 hrs from memory.
Dead set I will never return to the Philippines as their poverty is widespread and air pollution is beyond comprehension. I was in a cramped bus for two hours then as we reached the outskirts of Cebu City we were hit with the most appalling pollution because of the open windows. I felt physically sick when I arrived at my hotel.
That sounds dreadful. I wouldn't go to any countries like that. I like to travel around our coastal resorts and travel around Europe.

Last edited:
I only chose that place and Thailand because of low prices. The Aussie dollar/local currency at the time made it a no brainer. Four star hotel.. 100 Aussie dollars for five days inc full breakfast and dinner. With a couple of excursions thrown in.

[/QUOTE]
Local Filipino and Thai fare mostly. Not big on spicey food so generally stuck with rice dishes. There was some western food while the breakfast was mostly tropical fruit.

Last edited:
This thread remains open. Tell us about your travel experiences.
Ritchie could you post a pic of Blackpool Illumations please to show everyone where I'm going in September! :D
I don't live too far away and will go as much as I can as Blackpool holds many happy childhood memories 🤗

Ritchie could you post a pic of Blackpool Illumations please to show everyone where I'm going in September! :D
I don't live too far away and will go as much as I can as Blackpool holds many happy childhood memories 🤗
With pleasure Jessica.
unfurl="true"]https://www.visitblackpool.com/lightpoolfestival/[/URL]
Jessica I think the organizers may have been taking ideas from Vivid Sydney with some of those lite displays.

Here is a video, better than a single image.

Last edited:
With pleasure Jessica.
unfurl="true"]https://www.visitblackpool.com/lightpoolfestival/[/URL]
Jessica I think the organizers may have been taking ideas from Vivid Sydney with some of those lite displays.

Here is a video, better than a single image.

That's where I'll be spending the occasional weekend! I can't wait :D
They say it's all free yet all along the prom you come across begging buckets! 😆

Is this for real.
It sure is, they are strategically placed near the roads so hoping people will chuck coins in while stuck in traffic 😆
I don't donate though because prices of goods seem to go up during the Illumations so I pay enough as it is!

It sure is, they are strategically placed near the roads so hoping people will chuck coins in while stuck in traffic 😆
I don't donate though because prices of goods seem to go up during the Illumations so I pay enough as it is!
Sometimes, that's my line of argument as well. Had to pay a speeding ticket for my daughter and partner because I had lent them one of my cars for their holiday trip. I consider this a donation. 😊

It's the big switch on this evening for Blackpool Illumations 😀
I'll probably watch it on the local news, hopefully I'll be going to see them soon! :D

Back