addressing a dissmissed batsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboy0001

addressing a dissmissed batsman

Hi guys , on the weekend i was keeping and our bowler bowled this guy with a beauty of a outswinging yorker and as he was walking off i said "on his toes off he goes" and he got sorta angry and started swearing at me (lol) is this a problem?

Re: addressing a dissmissed batsman

It's not really in the spirit of cricket to get into a batsmen after he's been dismissed.

You can say something to the dismissed batsman with something like 'bad luck' or 'you played well' but that may have been just a touch too much. Depends what he was playing like and his temperment as well.

Last weekend I was playing and when I was batting we were playing on a very poor pitch and the bounce was really troubling me. I kept out 25 deliveries for 2 runs and was having trouble, toeing everything or bottom edging cross batted shots. I underedge two cuts to first slip, the first he dropped and the second one he took was a blinder edged quickly towards his toes. He said 'thanks for letting me redeem myself'. Some batsman would have thought it an out of spirit thing to say, but I am new to the club, nobody knows me and I showed nothing but being calm and collected. Plus the guy that took it was about 50 and plays as a coach throughout the game, even giving the opposition bowlers tips. He is a really nice guy. That sort of situation is acceptable.

Last week a guy got out and I told him to !@#$ off because that's what we do in Australia

Then you followed him back to the change rooms and knocked his head in before having a beer right?

Boris;379701 said:
Then you followed him back to the change rooms and knocked his head in before having a beer right?
Isn't that what everyone else does?

Rampant;379705 said:
Isn't that what everyone else does?

Well I hope so because I get heaps of wickets so there's a lot of batsman out there with sore heads.

is this a problem?

Depends if you're rival teams or not.
If each side already hates the other no one cares:D

If not then it's probably not the right thing but it will be forgotten in a year or 2

a for effort;379698 said:
Last week a guy got out and I told him to !@#$ off because that's what we do in Australia

HEY!

....I've seen Crocodile Dundee... all of them... so I know everything there is to know about Aussie men. I know you talk big but you are all little puppies underneath :D

Suppose I should say something 'on topic' wth respect the first post:

Sledging, within reason, is fine during play but there is a protocol... a tradition... in the spirit of the game. No matter what you think of a player, you always clap the batsman off.

Knowing how most batsman feel at this point, you are very lucky you didn't get a wooden necklace!

Really does show you the lack of respect these days when the batsman used to shake hands with the bowler following their dismissal... no matter how angry they were.

Liz Ward;391981 said:
HEY!

....I've seen Crocodile Dundee... all of them... so I know everything there is to know about Aussie men. I know you talk big but you are all little puppies underneath :D

Yeah and all poms are dull grey boring people who work in offices then trudge home in the rain to steak and 3 veg or a casserole right?:p

brickwaller99;392182 said:
Yeah and all poms are dull grey boring people who work in offices then trudge home in the rain to steak and 3 veg or a casserole right?:p

Sounds like Victorians... minus the rain.

un minus the rain recently
they have had catastrophically heavy downfalls of up to 40mm per hour.
Gotta love a light mist
decent rain is anything above 125mm per hour

brickwaller99;392182 said:

If, by 'poms' you mean the English, I am afraid I do not know many of those well enough either, but from what I have seen, mainly Hugh Grant, Colin Firth etc... certainly not dull, grey or boring... but the office, rain and steak is a possibility... and from what I remember, they look so good wet :p

What I actually meant was the entire northern hemisphere. Only the food varies right? Your sunny beaches are equivalent to our cold horrible shores.

brickwaller99;392209 said:
What I actually meant was the entire northern hemisphere. Only the food varies right? Your sunny beaches are equivalent to our cold horrible shores.

In Cairo?????

Why suddenly the them and us syndrome? Have you had a bad experience with people from the northern hemisphere? As a psycho-therapist this interests me greatly; your sudden blast at northerners, for no reason, betrays quite a lot.

I am from the southern hemisphere and find people are people wherever they are from.

As for the northern hemisphere beaches, I have spent some great time on beaches in Miami, California, Cuba, the Carribean and, last year, Thailand, which can put most southern beaches in the shade... as for the Barrier Reef, I found the Red Sea just as interesting. Having worked in all these countries... not one was in an office, however, the rain in the Bahamas was a great relief, even if it was straight down in sheets during a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back