Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essendon

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
West Coast. ;)

All in all seriousness, Hawthorn and Sydney will be up there again. Swans are going to be tough to stop with such a powerful forward line now that Franklin has joined them.

Hawthorn and Sydney will be tough to beat, don't think the hawks will miss Franklin as much as what some people think. Still can't believe Sydney gave him that insane contract.

West Coast should probably sneak into the 8 but with such a bog ordinary midfield it's hard to see them doing any damage. North have to be the most overrated team, just because they lost a few close games last year almost everyone seems to have them locked into the 8 or even top 4. Don't get it, average team with suspect coaching imo.

Hawthorn and Sydney will be tough to beat, don't think the hawks will miss Franklin as much as what some people think. Still can't believe Sydney gave him that insane contract.

The Hawks have done very well in the past without Franklin and I'll say that they will do well without him this year. Whilst it was a pre-season game they destroyed Brisbane who granted were missing a fair few players but they utterly smashed them.

Kram81 said:
West Coast should probably sneak into the 8 but with such a bog ordinary midfield it's hard to see them doing any damage.

Maybe, I don't have much hopes for this season. Personally I think we'll be mid-ladder again, around 11th or 12th at this stage. I guess I'll have to reassess that once we've played a few games of the season proper and see which side shows up. I think it will take at least a season for us to execute the game plan that Simpson will implement and the players are going to take a while to get used to it which is part of the reason why I reckon we'll be middle of the road. Getting Sheed will help along with Yeo and a fully fit Wellingham will be great as well. We desperately need another A Grade midfielder though, that's the one thing on our wish list at this stage.

Having said all of that if we can make the eight or do even better I'll happily take it.

Kram81 said:
North have to be the most overrated team, just because they lost a few close games last year almost everyone seems to have them locked into the 8 or even top 4. Don't get it, average team with suspect coaching imo.

I don't know, North are hard to pick at this point. They have some good players but whether or not it can come together is another thing. Have to say Scott's position will be in trouble if they have another average year, you'd have to say it's finals or bust this season for him.

Naitanui 5 million dollars for 5 years :eek:

I heard it's five or six years at $5million. It's a fair bit of coin but he is definitely worth it I feel. Already all-Australian if he can get fit and keep improving he'll be one of the best players in the AFL in a couple of years time.

So Demetriou is going.

Did a lot of good stuff like pushing for expansion and the league is thriving under his watch but also a lot of stuff towards the end really pissed me off, the ground switch for Fremantle to play down at Kardinia Park out of nowhere was an absolute disgrace.

Overall probably still positive but stayed on too long. Do find it funny though when supporters of little clubs hate him complaining about him rigging everything against them when really he has always been for their survival. If someone like Ross Oakley was still around at least a couple would have gone under.

Oh and Meatloaf..

Overall he did a good job, he made some bad decisions on occasions but overall he has done pretty well. The competition has exploded and he has done a lot for the game in general including expanding the game within Australia and also overseas.

Will be interesting to see who takes over, would have to say McLachlan will be the frontrunner.

What a huge opening half of round one. GWS beats Sydney, Gold Coast topple Richmond and Port Adelaide overrun Carlton.

Nightmare weekend if you're a tipster.

Very rarely bet but the odds on Gold Coast was pretty tempting. Certainly didn't see the GWS win coming though.

Very rarely bet but the odds on Gold Coast was pretty tempting. Certainly didn't see the GWS win coming though.

The Under 24.5 for Gold Coast would have been very tempting indeed. I'm not a gambler though.

So finally West Coast completes the round with yet another flogging against the Bulldogs. When Gold Coast have 126% and are still only 9th it really shows how even all the fixtures have been.

I think the opening round backfired a bit. It was good to see some footy but the majority of the games weren't all that close bar the St. Kilda vs Melbourne game. I would have preferred to see teams who finished about the same mark as each other last season play against each other.

I guess round one did throw up some good results and news though,

• Gold Coast and GWS both winning, could this be the rise of the expansion sides?
  • Collingwood flogged in round one and face a tough draw. Questions over Buckley's future if they ensure a poor start?
  • West Coast winning well in round one, will they combine with Fremantle to make Subiaco Oval to House of Pain once again?
  • Another average effort from North Melbourne, Brad Scott will be under the pump.

That game between Richmond and Carlton was absolutely atrocious, a draw would have been fitting as neither team really deserved to win!

lol Carlton.

I actually thought that they were an outside chance to get up, that was almost as good as a Fremantle win.

Back