All things Longmuir, Woolnough & below

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Mick

All things Longmuir, Woolnough & below

Seems there have been some failed attempts at a thread relating to the fine comp we play in, but here goes with the ego stroke.

We’re going to deal with facts and then you can have your right of reply. I don’t need to question your integrity and character. You ask many questions of yourself with each post you continue to “tell it how it is”.

1. I don’t call my club greater than any other and was not responsible for the Vandal Park comment. If you had an attention span long enough to notice, I made a statement about someone else’s comments relating to the issue and was incorrect in marrying the 2 together.
2. I see no need to lie. I received a text from your re: the practice match last preseason and didn’t have it. I assumed this was how we’d exchanged numbers. You later brought to my attention one drunken night at The Drink I’d exchanged numbers and invited you and your clubmates to come along to a HWCC $1,000 draw a couple of years previous to this. Happy for that to be known as fact.
3. I subfielded in a semi final for the one day grade in it’s infancy and before the game we’d informed the umpires & opposing captain I was going to sub until one of our players turned up. I was involved in 3 run outs and a catch. The BUCC hierarchy decided to step in and insisted that we were playing outside of the rules and that they be gifted the win. Turned out they defended their 93 and the who debacle was pointless other than an example of the integrity of some involved at BUCC.
4. I am not senior Captain of HWCC. I was in 2000/01 – 2002/03.

Anywho... back to the cricket. After a lengthy conversation with a former teammate, the successes of last season may be enough to convince said person back to the club. Could be good times ahead.

Re: All things Longmuir, Woolnough & below

Exhibit A. The CMCA threads were closed for a reason, the endless sniping says does very little for a competition's reputation on here.

Anyone who continues to start threads on the matter will lose access for a week, just like Uncle Mick has.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back