And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

mas cambios

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

It's a knee jerk reaction and one that is not actually addressing the reason why they were poor Australia.
 

Boris

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

mas cambios;391918 said:
It's a knee jerk reaction and one that is not actually addressing the reason why they were poor Australia.
It does seem like they are fully recreating the team altogether though. Those two ex-captains were causing a lot of trouble for the team and neither had performed for a while. Cruel move, but perhaps necessary.

They are really setting a standard that the board is serious and that team members aren't to keep screwing around.

New captain, new coach, new team, perhaps new board next?
 

mas cambios

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

I take your point but what good is removing two of your best players as a reaction to not winning a game? Ok, they may have been in poor form or whatever but the truth is a lot of the dross is still going to be there.

The only message I can see being sent out is that the board is all powerful and above blame whilst the players have one chance to do well or they'll face draconian action.
 
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

And to think Yousuf was the number one ranked player, only a couple of years ago (my memory eludes me). Pakistan really need to find some harmony between the playing group and the board, as it seems the board is on a bit of a power trip and looking for all the excused it can conjure up. I don't think there will be too many willing hands go up for the captain's job now.
 

Boris

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

mas cambios;391922 said:
I take your point but what good is removing two of your best players as a reaction to not winning a game?
I thought they were sacked for the infighting they have caused?
 

mas cambios

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

Boris;391928 said:
I thought they were sacked for the infighting they have caused?
The inquiry was set up to investigate why they failed to win a game - infighting was one of the items that came up amongst other things.
 

Boris

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

mas cambios;391933 said:
The inquiry was set up to investigate why they failed to win a game - infighting was one of the items that came up amongst other things.
Ah I see. So I am 50/50 on that one the.

Must have been made for a good reason though.
 

mas cambios

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

Boris;391939 said:
Must have been made for a good reason though.
Who knows? They are a law unto themselves and as I say, it is not actually addressing the real issue of why they performed badly.
 

Boris

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

mas cambios;391942 said:
Who knows? They are a law unto themselves and as I say, it is not actually addressing the real issue of why they performed badly.
But will this not, in the long run, improve Pakistani cricket? I believe by doing this a fresh slate is created as best as possible and can be worked on.

I do agree with you though.
 

D.K

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

Disgraceful act.

ICC need to take action against the Pakistan board because really THEY HAVE NO IDEA.

The reason why they performed so poorly is because they have had hardly any cricket in the last 3 years because no team wants to travel to their country, the PCB is run by absolute idiots with no idea about the way to nuture and create a well balanced team on and off the field and the team was being coached by a grandpa with no realistic ideas on how to improve his team.
 

mas cambios

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

Boris;391944 said:
But will this not, in the long run, improve Pakistani cricket? I believe by doing this a fresh slate is created as best as possible and can be worked on.

I do agree with you though.
I question how it can improve the team when the main issues they lost have not been addressed - banning a player is not going to improve the fielding or find you an opener for example.

The actions taken are personal nothing more, nothing less.

I would like the spineless ICC to investigate and see how much interference has come from the government and take action if neccessary.
 

Boris

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

mas cambios;391983 said:
I question how it can improve the team when the main issues they lost have not been addressed - banning a player is not going to improve the fielding or find you an opener for example.

The actions taken are personal nothing more, nothing less.

I would like the spineless ICC to investigate and see how much interference has come from the government and take action if neccessary.
You have convinced me. My opinion has been changed.
 
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

Haha
what a ridiculous suggestion that the ICC has anywhere near that power. It can hardly change rules anymore because of legal
 

mas cambios

Active Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

brickwaller99;392207 said:
Haha
what a ridiculous suggestion that the ICC has anywhere near that power. It can hardly change rules anymore because of legal
Indeed, hence my use of spineless. There is more chance of the BCCI getting involved than the world governing body of cricket.
 

hattrick

Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

The only reason the BCCI might get involved with the PCB is to work on on getting their icon series back from the dead. I hate to the messenger but I doubt if anyone will get involved in this shambles.
 

Caesar

Member
Re: And the latest news in Pakistani Cricket...

Hmm just saw this. Please post country-specific thread in their own forums, thanks. I think there's a parallel discussion over there.

Thread moved to ROTW.
 
Top