APS 2010/11 SEASON

GC 4-161 (Wood 54 Ratcliffe 51) def HY 159 (O.Toole 68 Secull 54, Harrison 4-19)
GGS 3-125 (Buchanan 55 NO) def WC 7-122 (Rzechorzek 40)
XC 7-247 (Prowse 109, Russ 55, Spence 3-23) def SKC 7-210 (McIntosh 75, O.Connell 35, Roberts 35)
MGS 7-259 (Michel-More 85, Ebsworth 79, Ralph 41) def BGS 6-175 (Drummond 81, Puscovski 33)
CAUL 197 (Holmes 55, Sloan 3-26) def CY 176 (Murphy 78, Consalvo 51, Paynter 5-31)
SC - Bye

prowse, buchanan and drummond are all in for big seasons

yes they are all in for good seasons, ogle and buchanan are ready to tear apart the aps. along with gotch, wyatt should be looking good going into his 3rd season for caulfield, as well as half of the geelong college side
any other members on here good_spread or is it just us? suggested ladder???

caulfield for mine will win it, geelong grammar look the other school up there.

I just can't see a team like caulfield losing with such a freakish batting attack and with one of the best bowlers in the comp jack paynter caulfield should win.

1. Caulfield
2. Geelong Grammar
3. Xavier
4. Melbourne

interesting thoughts sidvic, their side does look strong this year, ill say

1. Xavier
2. Geelong Grammar
3. Geelong College
4. Caulfield
5. Melbourne

i dont believe there were any full results achieved on saturday good_spread however dont quote me on that

cant see anyone out side your top 4 winning tbh.

i still think caulfield; gotch, paynter, wyatt, LJ and Holmes are all class and should have huge years.

who are others from other schools to look out for?

yes they are sounding pretty good however what bowlers do they have besides paynter? who is holmes sidvic? lj, wyatt and gotch are three very impressive players though. geelong college with the likes of wood, vines, ratcliffe and little george cameron in their 3rd year of first XI cricket will not be an easy challenge
seccul and o'toole look the shining light coming outve keysborough

They
interesting thoughts sidvic, their side does look strong this year, ill say

1. Xavier
2. Geelong Grammar
3. Geelong College
4. Caulfield
5. Melbourne

i dont believe there were any full results achieved on saturday good_spread however dont quote me on that

They are all quality sides french-cut but it is the APS, and anything is possible.
The two Geelong sides look very good and are in for a big year. Xavier and Melbourne are always competitive along with Caulfield having a few stars and other contributors.
Seccull and o'toole have had a solid start to the season, the upcoming 2 dayers will be interesting and some good cricket will be played.

Any feared bowlers out there this year? Quicks and Spinners?

you will know who lachy holmes is by the end of the season, he just accumulates runs.

Yes Paynter is Caulfield one strike weapon with the ball he can bat too, but boy is he a great bowler and will clean teams up. Absoloutely tore through carey's whole middle order in round 2.
Caulfield have pleanty of other pace bowlers who will get the job done and not to mention a pretty decent spin force.

Heard Caulfield went down to Brighton the other day by a narrow margin. Are they shaping up as any good? I always thought they were light on bowling, can't see how they would have held Caulfield to a respectable score.

between 4 teams now. Geelong Grammar, Geelong College, Xavier and Caulfield.

Caulfield bounced back from a 4 run loss against brighton, to smash wesley outright. Caulfield play xavier and geelong college in their final 2 rounds so they will play a huge part in deciding who wins the premiership. Im tipping Geelong Grammar might win by a narrow margin.

Scotch i think they play, Geelong Grammar, College and Xavier in the last 3 games so they also cannot be counted out, but are an outside chance.

Had a look at the fixtures, Scotch have already lost to Geelong Grammar even though a spinner grabbed 6 against them. Scotch can't have a great batting lineup. They play Wesley, Xavier and College in their last 3. Heard they nearly got beaten outright against Brighton too. Can't see them having much impact.
It's really a three-way battle for the premiership now, Caulfield, College and G Grammar, with Xavier as the dark horse.
The battle for the spoon is between Skevs and Wesley, and personally I'd have to pencil Wesley in based on what I've seen from them.
Anyone know which spinners are doing well this year? Papadopolous hasn't been among them as far as i've seen, but he's a class act and I can see him grabbing a few, but it won't really help Wesley out much. Haven't seen Gilbert from Xavier taking bags either. Buchanon seems to be the only one having a great year.

Had a look at the fixtures, Scotch have already lost to Geelong Grammar even though a spinner grabbed 6 against them. Scotch can't have a great batting lineup. They play Wesley, Xavier and College in their last 3. Heard they nearly got beaten outright against Brighton too. Can't see them having much impact.
It's really a three-way battle for the premiership now, Caulfield, College and G Grammar, with Xavier as the dark horse.
The battle for the spoon is between Skevs and Wesley, and personally I'd have to pencil Wesley in based on what I've seen from them.
Anyone know which spinners are doing well this year? Papadopolous hasn't been among them as far as i've seen, but he's a class act and I can see him grabbing a few, but it won't really help Wesley out much. Haven't seen Gilbert from Xavier taking bags either. Buchanon seems to be the only one having a great year.

Tom Kittson from caulfield has taken 4 wickets on three ocassions now, and has got 18 wickets in 3 games since coming into the side, fair achievement.

Buchanan from geelong grammar seems to be getting a fair few, taken a few 5fa's i think, but loves to bowl himself. Tight Season. Papadopolous has a hip injury so hasn't been able to bowl, just bat for wesley.

from wesley dockery is a good left arm swin bowler however he was injured and didnt play
is that papadopolous kid a good bat

From my limited understanding, Papadopolous isn't a world-beater with the bat. Saw a couple of your previous posts before you managed to delete them. To answer one of your (deleted) questions, no, Wesley aren't expected to taste much success for the year, and are widely tipped to end up with the spoon. And yes, I'd assume that anyone posting here is playing APS too, to answer another.

Back