APS Season 09/10

Re: APS Season 09/10

Swarley;375247 said:
Mate ya kiddin yaself.
i bet none of you blokes have even played 1sts yaselves.
and as i saw viv mention ol' michael singh back a bit, he's a hack mate, i would take him to the cleaners and will when i get the chance.
oh and viv, what's your top score for BGS 1sts? just wonderin' mate.

You are talking real sewerage swar-wait for it-lay. Mick Singh would knock your block off.

As for none of us having played ones, I played today. Didn't make much, but I still played. Makes you a right idiot ey?

Viv I was talking about singh's bowling, not his batting.
and it wasn't directed at you doosra, just at viv.
that bloke talks nothing but crap and brings down the integrity of this forum.

Fair enough then swarlos. Singh is probably still one of the top APS all-rounders though. How'd u go yesterday, btw?

Also, saw in the paper that there were three or four centurions yesterday. Who would that leave in terms of most runs at this stage?

Carey Captain: Lachie Mahon.

As for who do we have basically it is the openning bowling attack that you have to withstand.

Same openning partnership as last year.

The bowling doesn't die, fairly strong with Walker and Mahon both having played dowling. Both vic 17 trialee's.
Crocker very handy opening the bowling last year..
All carey's runs come from year 10's with Murphy and jackson.

Got skevs this weekend should be a good game so we are all pretty happy coming off a win.

Skevs don't have an excuse saying they had 7 new caps, when carey had 10 and still managed to beat HC and keep out coleman.

how did the impressive rudi slow death aka dalton go on the weekend?? was he and i quote 'impressive'???
St. Kevs beating Scotch haha sucks if you said scotch would win the premiership when they can beat a very young team in st.kevs
Kudos to whoever played well and looking forward to playing this outfit later in the season

From what i heard about the Carey v HC game, the captains were both the standouts, with Mahon taking 5/23 off his 10 overs and Coleman having another good all-round performance with a solid 50 and 2/15 off 10.

Kudos to Carey and Skevs for good wins.

09/10 is shaping to be a real cracker with the premiership wide open.

My Tips:
Xavier
MGS
CGS
Carey
Scotch
Brighton
HC
GGS
Skevs
Wesley
GC

just like to point out 2 biggest gimps so far this season on bigcricket easily noich and wade for aus.
seeing as we're being honest, hail clearly the biggest one man team i've ever seen. as good as coleman is, hail will most likely not win a game.
carey, enough said.
St Kevs clearly got out of jail on sat, but doubtful to win many more.
everyone else there or there abouts. gotch keith coleman and ryan standout players in the comp no doubts about any of them.
finally fiskem, teammorale, thestraighter1, if any of you are reading this, bigcricket needs you.

unknown quantity;375543 said:
just like to point out 2 biggest gimps so far this season on bigcricket easily noich and wade for aus.
seeing as we're being honest, hail clearly the biggest one man team i've ever seen. as good as coleman is, hail will most likely not win a game.
carey, enough said.
everyone else there or there abouts. gotch keith coleman and ryan standout players in the comp no doubts about any of them.
finally fiskem, teammorale, thestraighter1, if any of you are reading this, bigcricket needs you.

Please explain how skevs got out of jail considering they chased down 215, which is a decent score in the APS of a 50 over match?

wade for aus;375335 said:
Skevs beat Scotch. Scotch made 215 of 46 overs all out. O'beirne with 106, lucky but batted well. SKC made the runs in the 49th. Staffieri, Campbell, Spence, Moore, Trapani all made 25 + Conway came in made 32 of 18 including a six onto the 2nd oval pitch at SKC. It was massive. Better than last week for Skevs:)

33 of 20

wade for aus;374829 said:
skevs have 6 yr 11's, 5 yr 10's and a yr 9. we embarassed ourselves but in a praccy game against xavs we got 6-190 in which we did well. Apart from Mahon, what do Carey have

nothing embarrassing about playing the reigning premiers with a few batsmen out and plenty of debutants, and batting out the 50 overs with a decent score, id say many more positives than negatives out of that game.

couldn't be more correct. ill get onto the straighter1!

i would say we need to go as far back as pommysmasher!

stingwilba;375548 said:
nothing embarrassing about playing the reigning premiers with a few batsmen out and plenty of debutants, and batting out the 50 overs with a decent score, id say many more positives than negatives out of that game.

stingwilba you illiterate goose. he clearly was saying you were embarrassed against caulfield.
and how is that not getting out of jail? passing in the 49th with one bloke 33 off 20. you had a highest score of 38 chasing 215. next you'll be saying all those 25+'s were the best ever seen at aps level. its a shame that loudmouth conway got you out of jail because by the sounds you didn't deserve it. good luck in the 2dayers skevs you'll certainly need it.
I also forgot to mention the great "wiz" the other day, another great servent of bigcricket over the years.

carey, enough said.

haha fair enough unknown quantity i deserve that spray....least i've sparked your interest.. now you can carry on and spark some life (which you already are) into the APS thread maybe just maybe we could get our forum back

noich;375675 said:
haha fair enough unknown quantity i deserve that spray....least i've sparked your interest.. now you can carry on and spark some life (which you already are) into the APS thread maybe just maybe we could get our forum back

unknown love ur work mate. . carey 07 good to see u back mate but i reckon we need brain explosion too. xavs looking good despite relatively young team with russ batting at 6 shows they dont hav much depth. geelong grammar should be good too but interesting to see caulfield doing well as they clearly dont hav much as they lost so many and failed miserably in a fair few last year

btw not sure if i like this version of thread - old one was better. also unknown wat is that geelong college kids name from back in the day?

Caulfield have a few scholarshiped boys that where in the vic 17 trials, with the likes of Wyatt (still there) and Lannigan.

Scotch are lucky boys, under the knowledge of Al Mcmahon, i rekon one of the best juniour captains i have ever seen. Im not pulling your leg i rekon he is qaulity..

another point i'd like to raise is do all captains do words? or just Carey's?
something i think definately needs to become regular.

Gamebreaker i believe, if i am thinking of the right person gave one of the best speeches known to the APS including many names from this great site itself 3 years ago now. or am i mistaken?

C Boys, looking to smash Skevs after their display last year after physically abusing one of our bowlers after having them 3/1..

Hopefully the rain stays away lads!

Caul have many scholarships, gotch by far the best of them. caul best batting line up (on paper) in aps. bowling is pus though, all spin.

completely agree with you on the word carey07, a must have. has been regular in the past and only dropped off in recent times. all sides need to get on it.

great to see the gamebreaker back on bigcricket, a true icon of aps cricket. i beleive his name was denny gb, don't quote me though.

who's playing who this week?

unknown quantity;375908 said:
Caul have many scholarships, gotch by far the best of them. caul best batting line up (on paper) in aps. bowling is pus though, all spin.

completely agree with you on the word carey07, a must have. has been regular in the past and only dropped off in recent times. all sides need to get on it.

great to see the gamebreaker back on bigcricket, a true icon of aps cricket. i beleive his name was denny gb, don't quote me though.

who's playing who this week?

thats right. denny. yeah hav had some good words in past such as urine, dangleberry, if you seek amy and of course the ultimate "oh mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, hey mickey!" lookin forward to hearing more in the future. duno about icon unknown but certainly the gb is a legend - especially at doin homework hey carey?

wade for aus;372664 said:
Should be an interesting season, my predictions

Xavier
Caulfield
MGS
Skevs
Scotch

Let's start and good luck for your school team this season

honestly mate skevs? they are pure battlers. i think the other 4 will fight it out for the top

unknown quantity;375648 said:
stingwilba you illiterate goose. he clearly was saying you were embarrassed against caulfield.
and how is that not getting out of jail? passing in the 49th with one bloke 33 off 20. you had a highest score of 38 chasing 215. next you'll be saying all those 25+'s were the best ever seen at aps level. its a shame that loudmouth conway got you out of jail because by the sounds you didn't deserve it. good luck in the 2dayers skevs you'll certainly need it.
I also forgot to mention the great "wiz" the other day, another great servent of bigcricket over the years.

The phrase "getting out of jail" suggests that skevs were either,
1. favourites going into the match
2. on top at some stage in the game

Seeing as neither of those were the case, in no way did st kevins get out of jail. you could say they got lucky, but i dont think there was anything lucky about the performance. Wade for Aus and myself are friends, and we were merely mucking around. But it seems quite ironic that you can call me illiterate when you cant even apply a commonly known phrase properly.

there is no shame about dyl getting skevs out of trouble, hes a colt figure around the school, and gave scotch what they had coming with their sheer arrogance. i hope they have a long hard look at their attitude, adjust it, and maybe then have a crack at the premiership.

I would much prefer to play for a team that has everyone contribute with 20's and 30's than play for a one man team, and thanks, good luck to you as well for the two dayers, but as everyone knows luck has nothing to do with it.

Pace (thanks carlos)

Back